Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Game Switch History
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Game Switch History  (Read 2603 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: February 25, 2011, 05:17:32 PM »

So fellas, it appears that I don't need to do a complete clear/key if I'm switching game themes that are of the same coin-in version.  In other words, if I switch a Crystal Sevens 3 coin to a Triple Diamond Haywire 3 coin, all I need to do is swap the DSV and SB chips, power on, turn the jackpot key 4 times, push the MPU reset button, then close the main door.  Of course switching glass, reels is part of the process.  Wink  If memory serves, this did not work so well when trying to go from a 2 coin game to a 3 coin game or vice-versa, and I believe that's what triggered me to start doing a full clear/key every time I switched game themes.  Now that all of my games are 3 coin, this should be a much faster procedure now.

Having said that, what is the deal with the game history?  Say I leave each game in for a three month period and for example I pull the handle 3500 times playing x amount of credits in that 3 month period.  If I switch to a new game after that 3 month period, do my 3500 pulls and x amount of credits played transfer over when the new theme is installed?  I'm assuming so, as a clear chip is what would blow the farm away. 

Thanks as always gents.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
morning_glory21
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:11:05 PM »

i would think that since you lose all meters when clearing the various errors involved that you would lose the games played applied to the cycle; x amount of dollars doesn't matter because the cycle is based on games played regardless of the bets for those games.  yes  the clear chip wipes all ram and eeprom but the errors you reset through cleared the ram as well by default.  i think anytime you are changing the game software (sb chip) that you are starting from scratch. Scratch Head

you can keep the same sg and version chips because they are pretty much like an operating system for the paytable (base chip) as long as they are compatible with all of your sb versions which is pretty likely as long as they are made around the same time. applause
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:52:06 PM »

When going from 2-coin to 3-coin all you have to do is change the chip. Reset key four times. Go to step 3, Change the sound like you want. I believe all other settings stay the same.
All the history stays the same.  No need to do a 97 clear or a 17/31 key chip clear. Depending on what board you have.
2-coin or 3-coin doesn't matter when you change chips. That's been my experience. The procedure is the same.

When you do the 97 it wipes out you history. If you change a game & do the clear 97--key 17/31 every time than your moneys start at zero. If you just do the chip I believe the history  keep rolling up.
If this is incorrect please help us both.
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »

So what happens to multi-denom game percentages?  If I have Game A and Game B that have different payout percentages, does switching games default to the highest?  I always set all 4 denoms to the highest percentage, so will the change follow suit?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »

I have to be honest here.
I've only done a multi game once & it was a night mare. I wanted to change the percentages & change games. I did the clear 97 & key 31.
If I knew what I was doing it would have gone a lot easier. I had to have help in doing that.

I have changed games with the multi & it was the same.  I left the coin amounts  & percentages the same. Just change the chip. Don't do any clear or key chip.
Go thru the same steps as you did before with the single denomination.
morning_glory21
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »

i really think that the errors you get from changing the base chip defaults several settings that would require a keychip to re-set to your desired options.  i would think that denoms and pars would be affected.  especially since it is unlikely that the different base chips have the exact same paytables on them.  if they did then why bother changing the sb at all?

read the errors you are getting when you change chips...i am pretty sure at least one of them would be a eprom crc error.  if you see this error then the mpu and or eeprom detected a chip change and i would think defaults several settings.

you could also look in the game accounting and see if the games played zeroed out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.