Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:22:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Slant top Clear key issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Slant top Clear key issues  (Read 5372 times)
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« on: June 19, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »

I hav a tens times pay slant top that i am having issues clearing .
first i had an issue where pressing the reset button would not go into the menu. the machine was listed as out of service and i wanted it back in service.

i tried clearing it and get through all the steps and it doesnt recognize closing the main door. i have try with an97 and a 224 chip.

if i put another mainboard in the reset button works but has wrong chips for that game so i decided to just put the chips from the other board in and clear still hangs at the close the main door
i do know main door switches to work to an extent since when i open the door with the wrong board it does say its open. do slant tops need different key chips? or is it possible something else is wrong

thanks in advance
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »

I believe all you need is a key chip to get to the key menu and change out of service status. A clear shouldn't be neccessary
zarobhr

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 02:44:37 PM »

i did try that but it seems that the key chip only allowed option 7.x.x couldnot seem to get to 6.0 which is the out of service
you normially get to that by pressing the switch on main board
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 02:52:46 PM »

Hmmm, I don't have a machine close to put out of service and back again, hopefully someone will jump in here with an answer. Sorry I couldn't help more
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »

In Service/Out Of Service you don't even need a Key chip.  Press test button, then press cashout button until you get to Out Of Service then press spin button. and turn In Service On.   Pretty sure this can not be done if the machine has credits. I would think if your machine is out of service you don't have any credits.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
zarobhr

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »

the reason i tried clearing it in the first place is becuase pressing the test button was not  bringing up the menu.

In Service/Out Of Service you don't even need a Key chip.  Press test button, then press cashout button until you get to Out Of Service then press spin button. and turn In Service On.   Pretty sure this can not be done if the machine has credits. I would think if your machine is out of service you don't have any credits.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 04:36:13 PM »

Fist off the door optics don't enter into it because when you press the test button  the door is open.

Now as I understand what your saying. You put a board in #1 (bad) from #2 (good machine and everything works but pay is wrong. You then put chips from #1 on #2 board and it won't work.  If what I just said is correct you must have some bad chips from #1 machine. Did you try putting the board and chips from #1 into #2 machine ? (The machine will play even if it has the wrong board and chips in it, the pay will just be all mixed up )  (note if you get drunk enough you won't know the difference)

zarobhr

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 05:33:22 PM »

i actually can across three more boards and they do the same thing

i can put each one in one machine it comes up with the ram error i turn the key 4 times press the button 2-3 seconds and then it say close door. i close door and all is well
if i put the board back in ST the it does the same thing but does not recognize the main door being closed
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »

check the other door switches including the BV door switch, lower door by speaker, etc.. 

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

I'm getting confused, We started out the test button on the ST didn't do anything, has that now changed ??

Have you put the Slant Top MPU and chips in the upright? And does it work there ??  If it works in a up right the board and chips must be OK and we must address the door issues in the slant top.

zarobhr

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »

yes it started as a test swith problem so i am trying other board (same game)

yes all 3 boards i have tried now work in an upright so it must be with the main door

i have checked the following switches

top box
cashcan
cashcan door
drop box(actually only wired to the player control system
push button switch on left side of main door (light control)

push button at center right

maybe optics bad i can switch those with another next
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »

So are you saying now if you press the test button in the slant top, it will show accounting in the VFD and by pressing the cash out button it will move to "Out Of Service" ?

zarobhr

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »

no

it comes up with this
 can put each one in one machine it comes up with the ram error i turn the key 4 times press the button 2-3 seconds and then it say close main door. i close door and all is well in another machine
but
if i put the board back in ST then it does the same thing but does not recognize the main door being closed so i cannot continue

i did find one more switch to check which i am doing right now

zarobhr

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 10:33:07 PM »

stilling having this issue. for clarification

step 6 works
6)  After powering the machine off, remove the MPU again, ground yourself, and replace the Clear Chip with your SB Chip.  Return it to the machine and while leaving the door open for this step power the machine on.  Notice on the door LED it should say "TESTING MEMORY" and soon after you should get an Alarm sound and a message that reads "RAM ERROR".  Turn your Reset Key (4) four times.  You should now have a message that says "PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS".  Proceed by pressing the small white button on the MPU for 3 seconds then release.  The message on the LED now reads "CLOSE MAIN DOOR".  Proceed and make sure the lever is pressed down with force to make sure it is fully seated.

but since its not recognizing door being closed it never gets to step 7

7)  Door LED should now read "TESTING MEMORY".  When it is finished you should get a message that reads "CALL ATTENDANT".  At this point you should open the main door again.  You will immediately get an Alarm again.  Proceed, while keeping the door open, by turning the Reset Key (3) three times.  After a few moments the reels should spin and you should get a message that reads "MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH".  Power the machine down.

so it looks like a door problem or whatever senses the door
i have checked the following switches with a meter and they checkout ok

1. top box
2. cash box door 
3.front panel
4. drop box
5. main door physical switch.
i do not know how to test the optics
any other suggestions

thanks in advance

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »

I would follow the wires from the switches to see if one has a break(test with meter to be sure).

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
zarobhr

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 11:05:29 PM »

good new and bad news

good news i found the issue

bad news it is the lower optics which is a pain to swap out
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.