Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:49:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Ram Error Message on my projects start up
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ram Error Message on my projects start up  (Read 24365 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »

Well I'm finally stepping up to an IGT S-2000 machine. I bought it as a project machine, it needed an MPU, cash box, top glass and tracking bracket and hopper mounting plate, and coin tray. Thanks to Jim at Blue Ridge Slots and Darell at Slot4home for there help with my parts needs so far.. Well I finally got around to putting everything together over the weekend, installed my back lit reels and control board and wiring, swapped out the game chip. I powered it up to test it out, and within 10 seconds the candle was flashing and an alarm sounded, and RAM Error was displayed in the blue read out. This is my first attempt at fixing up an IGT, I usually work on my older Bally's so I have no idea was to do next, and didn't see any thing on here for this message..  Help Scratch Head I'm attaching a few pics of before to now on my machine...

* IGT Befroe.JPG (400.45 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 215 times.)

* IGT 2 Before.JPG (393.12 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 227 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »

Now pics... I still need to swap out my new stickers from 2 to 3 coin...

* Cash Keys.JPG (902.97 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 248 times.)

* Cash Keys 2.JPG (885.58 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 241 times.)

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »

With Door Open, turn Jackpot Reset Key, (probably 4 times, each error turn key) then it will say Press and Hold Self Test for 2-3 Seconds, do that, then Close Door, it may give you another error or spin up

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 12:32:37 PM »

Thanks. I have a door lock and reset key coming in the mail hopefully today from Barry at Foxs Slots. I'll try this when the key gets here.

brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »

that should do it as long as it didn't have a printer installed on it before if you get a printer disconected or sas link down message you will need to get a clear 17 to clear it
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:03 PM »

OK... I just received my reset key in the mail and I did the reset of the machine. Now I'm getting a new message. It says  Game Eprom CRC Mismatch '0xB000001.  I took pictures of my MPU and Eproms. The Stepper Base Eprom SB-100849 is the only thing I have changed... What my next move?

* MPU.JPG (838.1 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 233 times.)

* MPU 1.JPG (1257.38 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 234 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »

I think you need to use an SB000100 when using S+ SSxxxx eproms in an S2000?
I'd remove the SS chip from the U17 socket.
It's not needed as the SB100849 is the correct SB chip for your game.
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:47:09 PM »

Remove chip labeled U17.

Then keep keying the machine until you see the info in the post by Blueridge.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »

OK Thanks. I'll try to do this before my daughter softball game, playing Mr Mom tonight, fixing dinner, and trying to fix my machine all at the same time... stir the pot / get cooking  I'll get back to you in about 3 hrs... Walking The Dog

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 07:12:56 PM »

OK.. had a couple of minutes to play.. I did the resets and the display reads to close main door, but when I do nothing happens? Does this mean the door optics are bad ?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:22:58 PM by Amachanic » Logged

PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »

I think you need to use an SB000100 when using S+ SSxxxx eproms in an S2000?
I'd remove the SS chip from the U17 socket.
It's not needed as the SB100849 is the correct SB chip for your game.
Bunker . to many 0s  . its a SB001000 for ss chips in a S2000

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »

Did the door latch seat all the way? They can be a little tight
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 08:22:16 PM »

The door on this machine is a pain to close, but will close tight if I have the coin tray on it. I don't know if the door side optics work since they were off the machine when I picked it up.

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2011, 09:12:18 PM »

Might just be an alignment issue with the optics then. You can fudge the lock lever up and down a hair at a time to see if it makes a connection and then adjust the optics accordingly
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 10:06:55 PM »

I'll check that when I get home Cowboy. How do you tell if an optic is bad? It could be possible I don't have it mounted correctly on the door. Is it possible to see a pic of one mounted correctly?

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 11:40:32 PM »

OK back from softball and back to the machine  Pull Hair  I have a new message to deal with... I removed the chip labeled u17 and have gotten the door optics adjusted. The new message is about the ticket printer I believe, it says, Printer Communication Failure Call Attendant Restart Closure M.  Now I do have an issue with the wiring on the cash box door. The top switch has 2 red wires that are disconnected at the switch since it's broken, but if you follow the wires out the back of the underside of the cash box they are cut? I do not see the other 2 red wires that they would be attached to any where. Could this be my new error message or is it the ticket printer?? Here are pics of the cash box door wiring...

* Cash box.JPG (933.74 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 224 times.)

* Cash Box Wire.JPG (628.78 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 228 times.)

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:19 PM »

Tag on cash box wires...

* Cash Box Tag.JPG (509.23 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 233 times.)

OhioGaming

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 12:02:47 AM »

Red ones are trash. You can strip the others back and tie them together.

Is the printer power connected .. connection should be at the back wall just below the controller for the backlit.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 12:43:26 AM »

Restart Closure M.

Just to give you some details about what those messages mean.

"Restart" means that the machine was just recently restarted (powered on after being turned off) (and a paid game has not yet been completed since that restart).
"Closure" means that a door that had been reporting that it was open has just recently been closed (and a paid game has not yet been completed since that door was closed).
"M", next to the Closure message means that it was the Main door that had been open (and is now closed)

If you had a "Door Open M" message, that would mean that the machine is detecting that the main door is open.

As such, that's some good news for your optics -- that means that the machine is acknowledging that the main door is opening and closing.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 12:57:04 AM »

With the machine turned on, open the door and look at the printer. One, the bezel light should be on and two, you can tell if it's plugged in by pushing the paper feed button on the front of the printer to see if a ticket feeds through. There is a plug coming off the back of the printer, 6 pin I believe, that should be plugged in or have a match near by. If you need to pull the printer out, just remove the 2 screws that hold it to the reel shelf and slide it forward so you can trace the harness easier
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 02:15:09 AM »

Well I pulled the ticket printer and checked its connections, they seemed fine. Reinstalled it and powered up the machine and it's up and running, Woo Hoo   Dancing Party  Came in the house and grabbed a hand full of quarters, of course I forgot to put one in the comparator  Duh! did that and it plays great  applause. Now I have a few minor issues to wrap up. First is that the coins are not going into the hopper but down the over flow chute. I'm not sure why yet but maybe I don't have the coin mech install straight or  Scratch Head. Second I noticed that my back lit reels never lit up on and win? Third my right upper speakers not working. Thanks for everyones help so far, but feel free to send any ideas on the last few problems... I'll check back tomorrow, just looked at the clock and it's after midnight, Silly Me! need to get up in 7 hrs for work... zzzzzzz

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 02:46:58 AM »

I had that problem on an overflow deflector and couldn't figure it out so I unplugged the damn thing. As far as backlit lit reels, check to make sure it actually has them and all plugs are in place. Behind reel 3 there should be two plugs going to the backlight controller mounted tho the back wall of the cabinet just below reel shelf level. Then there should be a jumper from the backlight controller to the cabinet I/O board on the side of the MPU housing. If you have all that and it still doesn't work, we'll talk again. Last, but not least, pull your MPU board out and see if it has a multimedia board plugged in covering about half the surface of the MPU board. If you do, then go into 3.xx programming for sound controls and see if the game has an option for multimedia settings. If it does, then you probably just need to set stereo sound instead of mono. If there is no mutimedia board in the machine, then you'll have to do some wire alterations and we'll talk again OR you can buy a MMLII board/sound simm and give it the sound it deserves
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 10:49:37 AM »

I had that problem on an overflow deflector and couldn't figure it out so I unplugged the damn thing. As far as backlit lit reels, check to make sure it actually has them and all plugs are in place. Behind reel 3 there should be two plugs going to the backlight controller mounted tho the back wall of the cabinet just below reel shelf level. Then there should be a jumper from the backlight controller to the cabinet I/O board on the side of the MPU housing. If you have all that and it still doesn't work, we'll talk again. Last, but not least, pull your MPU board out and see if it has a multimedia board plugged in covering about half the surface of the MPU board. If you do, then go into 3.xx programming for sound controls and see if the game has an option for multimedia settings. If it does, then you probably just need to set stereo sound instead of mono. If there is no multimedia board in the machine, then you'll have to do some wire alterations and we'll talk again OR you can buy a MMLII board/sound simm and give it the sound it deserves

Thanks Cowboy, I'll check that all out when I get home from work.. I do have a pic posted earlier of my MPU earlier in this thread, and I don't believe it has the multimedia board. How much do they run?

Gary

cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »

You're probably looking at $40 to $50 for a board and sound simm as a rough guess. Sorry, shoulda looked back through the posts
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 12:22:16 PM »

Will that multimedia board plug into my MPU. I see these enhanced MPU boards EBay, is that what I need? Kind of confusing on your first build... Scratch Head

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.