Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Help Needed, I Can't Get to the "Machine Type Mismatch" screen?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Help Needed, I Can't Get to the "Machine Type Mismatch" screen?  (Read 4867 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: March 15, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »

Time to see if we can get this machine up and running again.. I had a Post back in December on this machine call  "S2000 System Error after moving my machine.. Could it just be cold?" Here's the link:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=15996.0

Well the weather has warmed and I started on this machine again today.. So far today I have installed a new 3V battery on the MPU, and checked all the connections on the door and lower half of the machine including mother board plugs, I/O on the outside of the MPU, and lower power supply connections.. I then decided to start over by clearing the machine by using a Clear 97 chip..  I did clear it 5 times by waiting for the 2 amber lights.. Then reinstalled the SB Chip and went through the Testing Memory and the alarm and turning the key 4 times, and pressing the test switch for the 3 seconds.. Now here is where I can't seem to get past?? Scratch Head  You close the door and I do get the Call Attendant message, but when you open the door and turn the reset 3 times it want to go back the the screen saying to "Press and hold the test button for 3 seconds" again and the reels never spin?? I tried the whole procedure 3 times with the same results?? The machine doesn't want to cycle to the Machine Type Mismatch display.. This machine was working correctly back in late Oct or Nov... But when moved from the Garage to the house is when the problem happened.. Oh I forgot to mention my Key chip is a #45.. These are my first attempt at the S2000 machines, so what I told you is about my knowledge of this machine for now, but I have time to learn while I'm healing from my Ruptured Appendix 10 days ago, and I'm off work for the next 4 weeks. Time to get this thing fixed with all your help...

Thanks Gary
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:53:20 AM by Amachanic » Logged

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 02:01:32 AM »

I had this same problem before on a machine and I changed the SG chips to 363s and I was able to complete the process and get the machine to ready to play mode.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:28 AM »

If I remember right this machine does have the 363 game chips.. I know when I first cleared and Key chipped this machine I was suprised to find it had 13 different settings for Multi-Denom..

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:11:58 AM »

What version chip are you using?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:26:01 AM »

Install clear 97 ( you will see 2 led's ) AT this time do not install SB
install key 31 ( you will see on vfd "Netplex Link down"
Install SB chip ( with the main door open machine should go through boot up and check memory It will then give you a error, turn the key 4 times and VFD should say press test button for 3 seconds, then close main door, now will give one more error, open the main door and turn the key 4 more times. machine now should go into  key menu, ) if every thing is OK the first thing you will set is accounting. then coin denom, game selection, if your going to multi denom, and don't forget Machine Type. now your done in key Config. If you have a printer go to Con fig II 2nd option down and enable printer. YOUR DONE

I can tell you for a fact the above works, I cleared and keyed 5 macnines today.  Unless you have some off the wall Game installed 363 are all you will need. If you have a problem PM me your phone number and I'll call you. I live on the West coast.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:31:23 AM »

VS009GX0
I might have just found the problem. My Version chip was not seated tight.  Too late tonight to fire it back up. I don't  want to wake the family. I'll report again in the morning.

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 02:35:23 AM »

just unplug the bottom and 2 top speakers and let r' rip.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:15 AM »

just unplug the bottom and 2 top speakers and let r' rip.
Great answer for late nite thinking

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »

I can agree with Buzz.  I was a little reluctant to go directly from clear to key without putting the SB in as is a typical scenario but I did it once it worked and then did it on 2 others with no problems at all.  YOU CAN go directly from CLEAR to KEY and then SB instead of CLEAR - SB - KEY - SB
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »

Ok here's was my problem. I now remember that we pulled the Version chip to make a file and a back up chip. Looks like I just never had it snapped tight in the socket. It was just kind of sitting there. Once I secured it and re-keyed the game everything came up as it needed to.  Buzz thanks for the offer to help over the phone  +1 (Karma, or whatever)..

Gary

Heres a pic of the machine... Not a bad looking Round top for $250, plus a MMII Board and a Sound Simm, it even came with 3 LED Bulbs... Even has a Hopper, but it's large coin.. Sorry for the pic, best I could do with my cell phone, wife ran off with the camera today..

* Crystal 7 IGT.JPG (368.24 KB, 960x1280 - viewed 256 times.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:08:21 PM by Amachanic » Logged

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »

One of my favorite games.  The sounds and design are very unique!  Glad you got it going.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.