Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 06:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  DBV Help.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DBV Help.  (Read 2500 times)
Big Ed Deline
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »

I am trying to get a DBV hooked up but I something just does not seem right.  I plug in the three plugs and all of their pins look good.  I get some power to it because I see the 2 red LEDs on inside of it. However, despite getting power to the LEDs I never get it to grind and turn the gears like you should hear on a start up.  I also do not get it to recognize in the 4.3 menu when I go to do an auto config.
 I traced all the wires back and the only ones I see a possible issue with it the black and yellow pair.  I traced these back to the small acceptor light pannel on the door. I have attached a pic below. Apparently the last owner took out the bulbs.
 Can anyone do me a favor and remove your bulbs so it looks like the picture (with empty holes) and see if your Dollar Bill Validator still works or makes noise on start up?   I am just trying to exhaust all my possible ideas before I have to call and get phone help.

* IMAG1277.jpg (475.14 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 226 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:24:34 AM »

ED First thing first, if you have a DBV in a S 2000 it's one of a kind.  DBVs were used in Bally 5500, IGT S+ and some other machines. My guess is you have a WBA or could have a MARS. A picture will tell us for sure.

I can tell you flat out, you do not need the bezel lights to work for the BV to work.  First question is do you have a cash can installed ?? Do you have the cash can door switch bypassed ??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
solinoid
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:28:03 AM »

Hi Ed,
My light board is a little differant, doesn't have any light sockets looks like high brightness LED's. I didn't think it would make any difference but unplugged it and DBV still works fine. Is your DBV enabled in setup? If not I think you'll need a set chip. I'm a little new to S2000's.
Barry

Buzz beat me but gave you alot better info !!
I thought DBV was a generic term, Thanks Buzz

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it is , give me a crack at it Smiley
Big Ed Deline
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 01:39:05 AM »

Thanks guys.
 Buzz, you are correct. I am still new to all the terms and I think I was just using the term DBV as "Dollar Bill Validator"  But yes its a WBA.   The cash can is installed but I am at a loss as far as where I would even look for a "cash can door switch" as a matter of fact the cash can door looks like it does not even "latch" until its mounted in the machine, and then when it is mounted I see no kind of door sensors.

Can you guys tell me if I am right on this.  The three plugs you use for a bill validator are the yellow and black (and it goes to the door lights), then there is a red and black (when traced it goes to a plug on the board that is in the J10 spot I believe), and then the other wide plug has several green wires and a couple others and it also looks like it ends up in the same plug as the red and black in the J10 socket)

In the regular menus, it shows as enabled, but  when I do the auto config it never shows up.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 02:32:25 AM »

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was talking about the door that hides the cash can and not the cash can it self.  Open that door and you should see a micro switch mounted to it. The two wires going to that switch MUST be connected together. It's been a while but I think the wires are black with a red stripe and a green wire, If you follow the wires they come out behind the BV chassis, that's where I cut them and splice together. ( Out of site out of mind )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
JCM Tech

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:42 AM »

One more thing to check, does the validator have ID-024 software?  If it came from another machine that was running ID-003, it will light up but won't go into a reset
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.