Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  I broke it....BUT I DIDNT DO IT ON PURPOSE....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I broke it....BUT I DIDNT DO IT ON PURPOSE....  (Read 3237 times)
777tow
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: September 29, 2012, 05:41:25 AM »

Hello everyone,
I am here again cause I broke a connector for the lower speaker by the coin tray area on my S2000. I broke it when I removed the lower panel so the MPU would have enough room to be pulled out. Now there is no sound coming from that speaker. I would like to know if I can bypass that OEM connector by cutting the wires from the OEM connectors on each side, and directly connecting them to each other with regular male/female wire connectors. Will that cause any problems? Thanks in advance!

Eric
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:51:18 AM »

yes you can replace the connector,
what you use is totally up to you.
for about $2-4 you can get a matching pair of connectors at RadioShack, 2 pin molex in the parts drawers in most stores.

If the existing connectors are white in color, they are Micro-Fit Jr
IF black in color Miro-Fit 3.0, which are smaller than many of the connectors in the machine.
None of which are at RadioShack
I go to a electronics parts store near me (it is in a major college town near me)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:59:32 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
deuce23
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »

Did you actually break one of the two white housings that mate together?  I bought a machine a few months ago and when I pulled the coin tray I found they had plugged them together outside the bracket. They must have had an alignment problem because one I got it lined up correctly there were no issues.  Like Foster said, you can replace with whatever connector you like.  Just make sure when you pull the coin tray you remember to unplug it so you don't rip out the wires or break another connector.
777tow

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 05:34:04 PM »

Deuce,
The connector is black in color. The speaker is attached to the lower panel of the machine, and the wires that run to the speaker are attached to the connector (kinda like female connector) which is held in by a small bracket. When you replace the panel, and push down gently, that connector is supposed to match up with another connector (male) that is attatched to another bracket on the floor of the machine. When I replaced the panel and gently pushed down, I saw a black piece (part of the male connection) fly off and land on the slot cabinet floor. I turned on the machine and hit the spin button, but there was no sound from the lower speaker anymore. If that is how IGT made this connection, I think its a design flaw. if I can't find the OEM connector, i'll just jimmy rig using Radio Shack connectors. Thanks deuce!
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »

You can go ahead and replace it with the original connectors but you might be sorry you did. Those connectors work OK
for a while then one time it does not start to line up you will have connection problems. A lot of us have just changed it
out to a plug and unplug connector of your choice like Foster suggested. Save the headache of trying to align it each
time. On the other hand, if you want to keep it original, go for it. yes

Just my 2 cents  propeller

Ron (r273)
777tow

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 05:11:24 AM »

FIXED ! AMEN ! Thanks everyone...a great learning experience.....and im sure there will be more learning experiences...Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.