Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:11:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  What is this sound board?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is this sound board?  (Read 3437 times)
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 147

« on: June 01, 2013, 02:55:46 AM »

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the S2000, and just got my first one.  I've had an S plus for years.  I was going to upgrade my audio to a multimedia lite board and find a chip, but when I pulled my motherboard, it looks like there's already one on there... However it doesn't look like any of the SIMM or DIMM mml boards that I've seen for sale.  It obviously doesn't have a simm port, but there is an extra dimm port marked SS... Is that for a sound chip DIMM?  Also, are sound chips interchangeable or do I need a specific one for my game?  If it helps, the machine is a 25 line White Ice 2x3x4x.  What chip can I use?  Here is a pic of the board that's installed.  What am I looking at?  Thanks.
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:50:51 AM »

That's not a sound board. That is an 0127 enhanced flash board.  It has all of your game software on it, base chips game chips and sound data.

E~
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »

Ah, ok.  Sorry, still learning.  If I got a sound board though, isn't that board installed in the place that I would install the sound board?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:13:37 AM »

As Eric stated that daughterboard that is on your board is the enhanced S2000 flash board, and the sound is in one of the flash chips on that board. The MMLII daughterboard works on the earlier version MPU board, and  not on this newer MPU setup. That daughterboard is commonly referred to as an "R" Board.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »

Ahhhh.... ok.  That explains it.  Thanks.  Is there any advantage for a home slot to have an R board?  Any way of adding additional sounds to an R board, or is it best to replace the R board with a MML board?  There are several sounds in my sound test that I don't hear at all during my game, but multimedia option in my setting is disabled and I'm not able to change it (makes sense since there is no multimedia board).  I'm guessing I'd need a key chip to setup the other sounds that play during the sound test?  If so, what key chip would I use for my game?  Sorry for asking so many questions... I'm used to an S Plus and still an S2000 newbie.  Thanks again.
CVslots
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »

Any game that is over 9 lines requires an R board to play. Since the R board contains the software for the game, you cannot "replace" the R board with an MML board.

I believe you need a Key 45 for the 1270 MPU.

Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 06:27:11 PM »

You can get a legacy board to use older software.  There is a slot for a sound simm on there. The legacy board is installed in place of the R board.
A Multi-Media light board can't be used with an enhanced processor board (0127 Board).
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »

With the R board, you need an RBK0001 to make your changes.
It is a key/clear combo.
angryninjas
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »

Ok, cool, I'll pick up an RBK0001 chip and see if I can enable some of the other sounds (coin drop, etc).  So using an enhanced R board, there's no way to change the sounds, other than buying a legacy board to replace the R board, right?  Is there any advantages to having the R board?
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

As far as the sounds go on the "R" board, you got what you got.
At least in my experience, I have found that you cannot change the sounds.
I don't see any advantages to the R board other than the fact that they seem to support more than 9 lines.
I'm sure (depending on the theme) you will have some luck finding the enhanced sounds with the legacy board.
Keep in mind that the legacy boards also require a DSPL0002 chip on them or you will not have sound even with the simm installed.

Jim.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.