Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 ballast started smoking? Then lamp above the reels went out.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 ballast started smoking? Then lamp above the reels went out.  (Read 3080 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« on: June 01, 2013, 05:27:55 AM »

I had my machines on tonight and started to smell that burnt cap/resistor odor and noticed that on one of my machines that the reel lamp was not on. I opened the door and noticed smoke coming out of the plastic ballast housing that controls the lamp above the reels. Anyhow, I unplugged both ends of it and the game continues to play just fine. What would cause it to start smoking and burn out? The game has worked fine with no problems except this issue.

Thanks
lindam1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:47:56 AM »

Ballasts, like everything (made Cheap) just fail. Rudy's usually has them cheap.

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »

I had my machines on tonight and started to smell that burnt cap/resistor odor and noticed that on one of my machines that the reel lamp was not on. I opened the door and noticed smoke coming out of the plastic ballast housing that controls the lamp above the reels. Anyhow, I unplugged both ends of it and the game continues to play just fine. What would cause it to start smoking and burn out? The game has worked fine with no problems except this issue.

Thanks

I'll send you one for postage

Pm me your address again
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »

Thanks
To answer the original question what would cause this : everything made including you & myself have a life span--or in some lazy people I  know ---they have a  shelf life lol  ---it was the day for  the life of the ballast to end  !! --not being sarcastic but I could run faster in my teens than I can in my 50's--everything wears out .. that creates job security for all the human race .. from being delivered by baby dr to getting planted by undertaker .  if you have a service for the ballast ??please post the visiting hours ..
Rocket

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
lindam1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:51:16 AM »

Rocket

Very profound........It just proves that wisdom does come with age.

Lindsay

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:29 AM »

Playing Taps now, the other members of the ballast family request that in lieu of flowers, the ballast request any donations such as Evel Knievel reel strips or topper, rt Tabasco glass kit, IDOJ topper, etc be sent to his caretaker in his final years, BR549autosales......... Cry Laughing

Thanks guys, I have another one I can replace it with.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 01:25:13 PM »

Rocket

Very profound........It just proves that wisdom does come with age.

Lindsay
AHHH "WISDOM" very true said my grandfather of 95 years old back in 1985 he  said all my friends are dead lol my next close  friend   is 15 years younger than me .. lol  I think being 95 is great by itself !!

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.