Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:24:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT Barcrest Double Triple Diamond Deluxe with Cheese - Upgrade Issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Barcrest Double Triple Diamond Deluxe with Cheese - Upgrade Issues  (Read 2735 times)
AlexIGT
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 04, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »

I have a DTDD w/ Cheese that was a 25c single denomination machine with short VFD display assembly and 5-5-2 credit meter. The GM1 and GM2 chips are SG138. The SB chip just says DDDWC Base. The version chip is VS09GX0.

I have original IGT 97 clear and 31 Key chips for this machine.

The upgrade was to replace the short VFD display with a new touch assembly and an 6-6-3 display. I installed all the new parts (6-6-3 board, display adapter cable, cable to touch assembly and then to the actual touch cell) and changed the version chip to a VS011GX1. The actual VFD board is original to the machine.

Upon power up I got the typical mismatch, etc errors and cleared them as prompted (from changing the version chip). The machine then restarted and everything except the touch cell works.  The cell does not even light up. The new 6-6-3 display also behaves as the old 5-5-2  (values spill over onto next line). I was under the impression this should have auto configured but figured this could be changed in the Key Chip menus.

I then restarted in Key Chip configuration hoping to correct the display issue. The problem is that I don't even see the key chip options to change that (7.2.7) I allso don't see the relevant menu items having to do with multi denom. Does this have something to do with the SB chips installed in the machine? I thought that going from a 0 to 1 in jurisdiction chip would allow multi-denom.

I have seen this machine with both touch pad and push button multi-denom switches many times so I know it could be done. What am I missing here?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:36:28 AM by AlexIGT » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 01:10:25 AM »

Same problem I ran into with my Money Mad Martians it sounds like. The SG chips I had didn't support multidenom
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:04:34 AM »

The setup that works for me if you want a MD touch panel and 6-6-3 display is...

SB000768

SG000378 GM1/2

VS011GX1

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:12 AM »

EDIT:  As I typed it, Jim jumped in again to help another member.  Awesome member right there!!   +1 (Karma, or whatever)  

I changed my Triple Double Diamond Deluxe w/Cheese from single denom to multi denom w/a touch screen.  After pulling my hair out like you are probably doing, Jim at Bettor Slots finally solved it.  Here is the combination of chips I needed to make it work.  Game Chips SG000378 (which are listed as Quack Shot I believe) and SB100768.  After I changed to that combination, I was set and even got a few new sounds too!  The rest of my setup :Board is 504a, VS011GX1, DSV00017 on the multimedia lite board.

Here is what Jim told me back then, and it worked!  "Your SB100039 is the original game chip that IGT put out with the machines.  Bottom line is that chip is a disaster.  What you need is the corrected chip SB100768."  Sounds like you have the VS011GX1 covered.  

I noticed you say you have a "Double Double Diamond w/cheese".  Is that a typo or is that what you have?  If so, not sure my solution will work for you but I bet it is close to the same.   Cool Thumbs-Up

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.