Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:30:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  reset game credits IGT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: reset game credits IGT  (Read 5790 times)
williamb
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:17:58 AM »

how do you reset game credits on igt machines.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:24:09 AM »

Welcome to NLG williamb.  wave

Could you be more specific?  Are you referring to player credits or do you mean that you want to clear all of the bookkeeping meters? What type of machine? (S+, S2000, Game King, etc?)

Moderator note: I am moving this thread to the Slot Shop Tech Talk board.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
williamb
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 12:39:14 AM »

player credits IGT S+ machines
how do you reset game credits on igt machines.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:16 AM »

Do you have a ram clear chip?
That would easily erase all the credits...but if you have a DBV (Dollar Bill Validator)
then you may need a proper SET chip to get the DBV working again...
williamb
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:54:21 AM »

don't want to do that.  have dbv in all machines. thought there might be an easier way. thanks anyway
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 04:06:25 AM »

There is another way without messing with DBV settings.  If you have another reel chip, just swap it temporarely with the existing one, this will force the machine to clear all credits, but it won't affect dbv settings.

You could always hit cash out too, but you will need to have some coins for the hoppers to clear out the credits.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »

My take on his question is that he's asking how to zero out game credits to do a hand-pay on every cashout, rather than dealing with coins in a slot parlor type setting, but I could be wrong.

Depending on the chip in your machine, you may be able to set the hopper limit to zero.  Any attempt to cash out will result in the game locking up in a hand-pay condition.  Pay the player, then turn the jackpot reset key on the side to reset the machine, and the machine will have zero credits.

If you neeed specific instructions on how to do that, please reply back with the number of the SP chip that is in your machine.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
williamb
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »

sounds good about setting limits on hopper. the problem is i am working with 14  different machines. just thought there may be an easy way. just an idea i had to keep from killing batteries as they keep the count when turned off. thanks for the suggestions.
williamb
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:27:02 PM »

just thought of a way to clear credits. change machines to  tito.  would not be worth the cost but believe it would work, but then machines would not be the same.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:58:51 PM »

sounds good about setting limits on hopper. the problem is i am working with 14  different machines. just thought there may be an easy way. just an idea i had to keep from killing batteries as they keep the count when turned off. thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not sure if that would make a difference. no Scratch Head There is other information stored in the chips and the cmos memory should be kept refreshed by the battery whenever the machines are turned off, regardless of the player credit status. I'm not 100% positive, so I'll defer to one of our experts who know more about the design of the board to confirm that the battery current draw (minuscule in any case) is not affected by the status of player credits when the machine is powered down.

<ADD> Bally machines are notorious for draining their batteries when the machines are not kept on all of the time, but IGTs are usually extremely efficient. I have a 1994 IGT S-Plus that has spent more than 60% of it's life turned off and is still going strong with the original board and battery. I have to change the batteries on my Bally's about once a year. hissy fit
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:07:10 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
williamb
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 12:01:31 AM »

I think I will just leave them alone do not want to destroy the integity of machines. like the sound of coins hitting tray.
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:57:35 AM »

You really can't convert an S+ to TITO anyway.

...and I'm with StatFreak -- it's no more draining on the battery if there are credits on the machine or not.  It uses the battery to "remember" the state of the machine when you power it off.  Whether it has 80 credits or zero, it still needs to store that information until the power is restored.  Don't fret about having credits on the machine when you power it off.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 01:00:25 AM »

In a few years from now, you'll get a "12" error code...
that'll mean that the battery has dropped below a normal state and needs to be replaced.
No problem, a few years from now, you'll end up knowing everything you need to know about S+'s....lol Tongue Out
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.