Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  I think I did a bad thing....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I think I did a bad thing....  (Read 7661 times)
poolguy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:11 PM »

Hi gang, I'm a newbie.  

I live in Arizona and found your site while searching the web.  I'm a risk taker and often buy items sight unseen, which means I'm an idiot at times.  Silly Me!

There's a local on-line auction site that I occasionally will buy items from.  In most cases I'm pleased with the purchase.  In this particular case I think I've done a very bad thing.  My grand daughters were thrilled when I purchased a small lot machine, basically a toy, so when I had the opportunity to purchase a real slot machine I decided to place a bid.  I thought I had placed a safe amount on the item so that if I did win it I would have some room to do necessary repairs.  Well long story shorter; I purchased a Bally S5500 and it doesn't work.  Clap

It lights up when plugged in but that's about it.  My initial investigation discovered some wires not plugged in to anything and no real clue where they could go.  Also the display board that controls the electronic readout is scrambled and it seems it will need replacing.  It does not have a coin hopper and the bill exchanger does not accept bills.  It also is missing the coin return tray.  So I thought with a few parts it might be okay.  But then after surfing your site I see that it is also missing its MPU.

I have no clue about working on slot machines.  If you need your swimming pool equipment worked on, I'm your guy.  Or help building a hot rod, not too shabby at that either.  But slot machines.........clueless!

Any help with tracking down some parts would be very helpful or does this thing need too much to make it worthwhile?  I paid $160 for it and so far haven't invested anything more into it.
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »

Hey Poolguy,
 NLG Welcome

To help with your machine, we will need for you to post some pictures.
 Take a Photo Take a Photo More info, please
This way we can see if that is all that you are missing. Once we know the actual condition of the machine you bought we can further guide you on cost of parts for repair or if it might not be worth the time and money.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
poolguy

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »

Thank you for your reply!

Did I mention that my photo skills aren't too hot either?   yes

Alrighty then, here goes nothin'.......

* IMG_1892.JPG (144.23 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 243 times.)

* IMG_1893.JPG (96.26 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 211 times.)
poolguy

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »

2nd set

* IMG_1894.JPG (107.05 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 209 times.)

* IMG_1895.JPG (100.07 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 242 times.)
poolguy

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:50:07 PM »

3rd set

* IMG_1896.JPG (149.83 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 217 times.)

* IMG_1897.JPG (71.61 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 228 times.)
poolguy

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »

couple more

Notice in the top picture, right behind the white plug I'm holding, there is a group of wires that have been cut.

* IMG_1898.JPG (124.11 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 195 times.)

* IMG_1899.JPG (134.59 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 180 times.)
poolguy

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »

bored yet?  zzzzzzz

* IMG_1900.JPG (129.22 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 207 times.)

* IMG_1901.JPG (106.14 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 220 times.)
poolguy

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »

last ones.....promise  applause

* IMG_1902.JPG (116.46 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 191 times.)

* IMG_1903.JPG (110.93 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 189 times.)
poolguy

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »

The Bally's tag on it is a little hard to read but I think this is correct. 

Model# S63U3WT-00
MFG Date - 3/94
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

A lot of the missing parts it needs are gone simply because it was set up to be a coinless machine, thus no coin tray, coin comparitor, hopper, etc. Your biggest problem is the MPU and software for that theme. If you want it fully working with the ability to accept coins again you are probably looking at more money than your origional investment and I don't know about the availability of the software for the theme that's on the game. Without an MPU it's going to be very difficult to pinpoint any kind of repair cost because you can't know what other problems might lie hidden in the machine. You're in AZ and slots on craigslist and what not are pretty inexpensive compared to the rest of the country. Might be better to just purchase a good working slot for not a whole lot more than you spent on that one.
poolguy

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 08:12:47 PM »

Thank you Cowboy.  I guess this is a pretty good lesson for me.  I didn't realize that the MPU had to be specific to the theme.  That's good to know or I could have purchased any MPU and still been up the creek.

I've been doing searches on crapslist for quite a long time.  Once in a while you can find a deal on a real Vegas slot machine.  In most cases, they seem to range from 400-750 for a good one.  Some of them that are less money, aren't the more popular themes.  This particular unit that I bought isn't a popular theme either, but a good name brand manufacturer.  I was hoping that it was in working condition so that at 160, I would be safe if I needed to put a couple of bucks in it.  Unfortunately, that's not the case. 

Thanks again for the replies gentlemen.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »

You do have many retailers in your neck of the woods so getting parts is probably pretty easy. MPU's are universal to model, it's the chipset installed on the MPU that are theme specific and changeable. That being said, the Bally 5500 series wasn't one of their best efforts in any case. But in my opinion, and I might be a little biased here, four hundred for a shopped out, good working slot is a good investment and provides many hours of fun. This all being relative, of course, to what makes you happy and what you're willing to spend
Neonkiss

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »

I agree with cowboy on this one.
That game theme is unique and must be a clone of another game. If someone recognizes the original game please post it here. I may have those game chips.
An MPU with a good battery can be found on eBay, or from our vendors above. I would expect they would run around $75.00 with a tray.
The coin comparator is a CC-16D and I would expect it to be around $25.00

I would have to look closer to see what those cut wire were and where they actually belong.
The picture with the three black connectors.... looks to be 6 pin, 10 pin and 14 pin. Are those the connectors that go to the bill validator?
I cant tell from the pictures if those are them. The cut wires look to be for the switches on the cash can.

After all that, you still don't know if the power supply is good. Add $30.00 or so if you need the power supply.

WWW.Rudydeals.com is a good place to start for the necessary parts first.
I tried to access his site and it looks to be down. I also noticed John has nothing for sale on eBay at this time.
Has anyone heard from John?  I hope he's OK.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:23:36 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 10:15:06 PM »

Thank you Cowboy.  I guess this is a pretty good lesson for me.  I didn't realize that the MPU had to be specific to the theme.  That's good to know or I could have purchased any MPU and still been up the creek.

The MPU isn't game specfic, the replaceable eproms on the MPU are.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
uniman
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 02:06:29 AM »

Game theme looks like Blazing 7's, 3 coin buy a pay. Should be easy to find.
If it were me, I'd buy another complete 5500 and use this one for parts and another game theme.  propeller
poolguy

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 02:31:29 AM »

Thank you gentlemen.  I guess I need to decide whether to buy another 5500 or buy the parts for this one.  I don't mind the theme as my grand daughters would enjoy this one just fine.  It really boils down to whether the parts are readily available or not, mainly the theme programs.  Thanks again, I really appreciate all of your feedback.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »

Thank you gentlemen.  I guess I need to decide whether to buy another 5500 or buy the parts for this one.  I don't mind the theme as my grand daughters would enjoy this one just fine.  It really boils down to whether the parts are readily available or not, mainly the theme programs.  Thanks again, I really appreciate all of your feedback.
You got very good advise  from all members .. i agree will all post- or you could sell the unit you purchased to someone else for perhaps more money ?? The old saying there is a @ss for every seat ..i have always said there are two @asses for every seat .. I have found that to be so true .. in short you purchased it --someone else would also .
then you could purchase perhaps a IGT S-PLUS that parts are easy to find very easy to work on etc . plus very cheap in working order .

I  am basically posting to ask you if you have a copy of the details of the original auction  "text" etc  of your purchase  . i am curious how the seller described the machine in question to begin with ??

you obviously have a great sense of humor ..your original post says it all ..

Rocket .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
Neonkiss

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 09:01:29 PM »

WWW.Rudydeals.com is a good place to start for the necessary parts first.
I tried to access his site and it looks to be down. I also noticed John has nothing for sale on eBay at this time.
Has anyone heard from John?  I hope he's OK.

Looks like John has been up-dateing his web page. New look and new software. Glad he's OK

Now for Poolguy, John does have the board you need. I was a little off on the price. Make sure you get a tray for your board, you will need one for it to slid into your machine.
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=88&product_id=1189

poolguy

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 10:44:46 PM »

I really appreciate all of your time and in helping me get the necessary parts for this machine Neon.  Would he have the software I need as well?

Thanks again, I need all the help I can get.  Scratch Head 
Neonkiss

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23:25 AM »

Game theme looks like Blazing 7's, 3 coin buy a pay. Should be easy to find.

Uniman believes it's the clone of Blazing 7's with the buy a pay.
If so that should be easy to get. We'll need to match up your reel strips to that game theme to confirm.
Can anyone post a picture of the buy a pay reel strips? or the PSR

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.