Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809 buzzing sound
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809 buzzing sound  (Read 5428 times)
Bergin
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »

My 809 nickle slot (Sands) has started making an electronic buzzing sound.  The machine takes 5 nickles and sometimes between nickles it will stop and other times it will buzz until you put all 5 nickles in and then it stops.  That is how I leave it now, ready to go with all 5 nickles.  Does anyone know how to fix this minorly irritating problem?     
AnotherTech
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 03:14:40 AM »

It sounds like you have a noisy solenoid.  Sometimes just a bit of tape or something to cushion were it is vibrating will stop the noise.  Other times a bit of grease on the rod may help.

Can you find where the noise is coming from?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »

That buzzing is usually from the coin lockout plate vibrating against the electromagnet that holds it. The machine accepts coins when it is on and does not when it is off.

Sometimes cleaning can help. Slightly wet a folded piece of paper with alcohol. With power off, put the paper between the plate and the EM, press the paper between the two by pressing the plate against the EM, then pull the paper out. Repeat until clean.

Adjusting how the plate sits on the side pivot can also quiet it. Finally, it might be necessary to adjust the tension of the spring on the end of that pivot, but only mess with that as a last resort.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »

i would just take off the lockout arm
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:51 PM »

i would just take off the lockout arm

Bergin, slotsteve's suggestion is the simple solution. Personally, I like my machines to operate as they were designed. Keep in mind that if you do remove the plate, all coins will go into the hopper, even when the machine is off or after you've put in 5 coins.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:43:12 PM »

I have found that the coin diverter under the coin switch and coin mech tend to vibrate and make a lot of noise on some machines. See the arrows on the pic..

* 102_1451.JPG (413.49 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 271 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »

I have found that the coin diverter under the coin switch and coin mech tend to vibrate and make a lot of noise on some machines. See the arrows on the pic..

That's true, but he said that it always goes away after the 5th coin is inserted. The diverter doesn't behave that way but the lockout plate does.

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 02:06:36 AM »

Your right. The diverted is always energized unless the hopper is full.  frying pan It is possible that this machine has a weak coil or could it's mounting screws have come loose.

Bergin
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 02:15:08 AM »

You people are all awesome, the problem is solved and my wife isn't complaining anymore.  Thanks a lot for the information. 
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:29:24 AM »

You people are all awesome, the problem is solved and my wife isn't complaining anymore.  Thanks a lot for the information. 

So what finally did the trick in solving your buzzing issue? Was it just dirty or something else?

Gary

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »

Thats what I told you to remove the lockout arm , but on a em game something will always hum or buzz at times
Bergin
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 02:32:23 AM »

I enhanced the tension on the coin lockout plate spring with a bread tie.  Its working great so far.  I tried the tape in different areas but couldn't quite get it in the proper place.  I just needed the advice from you guys to get started in the right direction! 
StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 02:51:59 AM »

I enhanced the tension on the coin lockout plate spring with a bread tie.  Its working great so far.  I tried the tape in different areas but couldn't quite get it in the proper place.  I just needed the advice from you guys to get started in the right direction! 

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Whatever works. Aren't EM's great? The lockout coil and coin deflector on my second machine bothered the heck out of me when I first got it. I ended up changing the length of the springs on the end of the plates (and doing some cleaning) to shut them up. I wasn't going to tell you to screw up your spring, though. Tongue Out     (Your winter, maybe, but not your spring. Crazy)

Glad to hear it's quieted down. propeller

Stat garfield

SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 01:24:47 PM »

What finally solved my buzzing problem was a bit of electrical tape in between the the plate and the electromagnet. If anyone knows of a reason I shouldn't have done that, please let me know. It seems to work great and it makes the machine bareable to leave on for long periods.
Thanks, Jim
OldReno
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 02:39:14 PM »

I remember lockout-armatures getting magnetized.  We'd take it out, smack it with a hammer, and then put it back in.
Strange but true. Also, we'd file down the ridges on the back while it was out, that usually got rid of the buzzing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.