Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:53:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  892 super-line wiring help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 892 super-line wiring help  (Read 4573 times)
DWTX
« on: November 12, 2011, 03:23:05 AM »

I picked up a Bally 892-3 super-line EM that was made in Dublin, Ireland

I am not sure if it is setup for 120 volt or 220 volt. There is a label inside the upper head where it states to setup as 220 to hook up the grey and red wire but I don't see where I am connecting them or disconnecting them.

I hooked it up as 120 volt but the only light I get is the tilt light which in can turn off by helping the tilt relay to engage. The coin door return relay energizes and I do here another relay activate somewhere when I hit the coin switch but this is all I get it to do. The fluorescent bulbs don't light at all. I am thinking it is setup for 220 volt.

I have been trying to find a manual and schematic for it but not having any luck so far.

Any help would be great.
mark the spark
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »

where abouts are you this might help
DWTX
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

Sorry didn't think of that, I am in Texas.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »

Where in Texas ?
If not to far from me I could help you out.

One step at a time.
DWTX
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 02:54:20 AM »

Thanks to those who replied to my post, I found a online document that solved my problem. Now the only thing I need to figure out is how to change it from pounds to US coins.

DWTX
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:44 PM »

I have converted the coin acceptor from 5P to accept nickels and tokens. I will do the final try out tonight. Clap One more bug to work out for sure and that is the Tilt come on as soon as I plug it in, it goes off if I help the relay.  Scratch Head Could be the first of many bugs to work out!
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:29:53 AM »

So, a Dublin Superline? I thought I had the only one of those in the USA.
DWTX
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »

There are two in the USA now!  yes Its good to hear that someone else has one. I know one thing finding information on this was not easy at all, I never did find a schematic for it.

I have one for sure it is model 892-3 serial # 2141  the tag says Ireland LTD Dublin 12

I am still working on it. I got the coin counter to count right sometimes but it doesn't always payout when it should. The last time I played with it, it would take a coin but wouldn't release the handle. I haven't worked on it since Thanksgiving as I have been working on other projects. I will get back to it fairly soon.

* DSC01042.JPG (1981.59 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 338 times.)
DWTX
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:02:21 AM »

* DSC01043.JPG (1882.28 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 319 times.)
Op-Bell

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 05:06:26 AM »

Mine has been gathering dust in a corner of the garage for more than 10 years. I should probably sell it. I have the handle release tied back so I can pull it and cycle the mechanism from time to time, to keep it all moving. I wasn't very impressed with the 80% payout so I sweetened it by adding "mystery pays" of 20 for 3 mixed bars either way, and 50 for 4 mixed bars. I forget what that brings it up to - the mid 90s I think. For what it's worth, the wire colors are consistent with other Bally models, so the Mead book covers it pretty well.

Serial number 587.
DWTX
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »

I like the modification, I haven't played this enough to decide if I like it or not. I think I will like it either way and it matches my game room with my Bally and Williams pinballs.

I figured out all of the wiring except for this one wire by the coin switch. It is a black with yellow stripe, I think it came off the coin switch but I am not sure which lug.

* wire3.JPG (2040.02 KB, 3264x2448 - viewed 338 times.)
Op-Bell

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »

I don't have a black wire with a yellow stripe on my machine door, so I can't help you there. I'm pretty sure it didn't come off the coin switch or the lockout coil. That would be wire color #83 on Bally schematics, which on a couple of diagrams I have is associated with a 'Call Attendant' switch and lamp.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.