Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  setting higher jackpot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: setting higher jackpot  (Read 1819 times)
mike
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 19, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »

hell i have a older ballys [as seen in my profile or info pic 0not sure the year,max payout is 20 coins now.7s any were shown,just woundering if i can up my pay out ,and were would i do it thank you in advance.its the center slot machine.

* games room 003.JPG (1575.73 KB, 2832x2128 - viewed 266 times.)
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »

I see it's a British machine. Most of the AWP Ballys over there had a simplified hopper without the snail cam, so the cam can only make a single revolution, and the PCB on the hopper probably doesn't have tracks going past the 20 point. If I'm wrong about that, you're in luck. Otherwise you either have to replace the hopper with a model that has the snail cam, or you can make yourself another hopper PCB with tracks going up to about the 95 point if the wipers will turn that far. Putting in a higher payout will screw up the percentages, naturally, but since you were lucky if you could ever find a British machine that paid as high as 80% you have plenty to work with.

That machine certainly didn't look like that when it left the factory. If you can tell me what it was in its original condition, before the showmen hacked it up, I can probably help some more. From the look of the hinges, it might be a 783 Sir Prize - they were a popular hackup. Are the hold and draw solenoids still on the back of the reel mech, or did they pull them off when they blanked out the buttons?

Edit: the limited hoppers usually had some teeth cut off the 100-tooth ratchet so they couldn't turn past a certain point. You'll need to click it manually to see how many it can count up to, and one less than that will be your new payout limit unless you rebuild the hopper with replacement parts.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.