Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:55:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally 809-ZH paying to much
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 809-ZH paying to much  (Read 1958 times)
Traneman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 08, 2012, 11:48:36 PM »

I have a Bally 809-zh it is a 3-roller 5 coin nickel machine.
Thanks to the posts here I have almost got it fixed.I have ordered the Mead repair book and waiting on it,but I thought I would run this
by everyone.
It seems to pay ok except on inserted nickel 4 and 5.If it even hits a cherry it will empty the hopper or timeout and shutoff the machine.
I have cleaned all contacts on all the relays any ideas what to look for.
Also in the posts I have seen "set your machine to a high payout and then check it" exactly how do you do this.I have been testing by just putting in nickels and pulling the handle.
Again thanks to everyone that has posted their problems,I went from a completely dead slot machine to almost perfect.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

the way to test payouts:  verify all payouts using one coin before you move on to the multiplied outputs. the reason for this :  this will test out your payout counter.

coin the machine (flick the coin switch wire in the same fashion as if a coin would have preformed this action), on the left side of the reel mech is a fan assembly, (you can see it turn around when the reel mech reels are spinning) hold this with your finger, pull the handle and release, now with your right hand rotate each wheel (using your three fingers) and hold in the wining position that you want, release the fan , still holding the wining combo until the reel mech locks them in place.  you may have to do this a few times until you get used to it, but once you do its pretty easy to accomplish.
if coins one ,two, and three are good four and five are bad, I would suspect the odds disc in the feature unit. do the lights lite up for coins four and five?  the odds disc changes the lamps and also directs the coin pulses from the hopper to the proper drum multiplier to pulse the payout counter correctly. these get dirty, you can step these using you finger, there are two coils on the unit, one to step up and the other to reset, the brass contacts should be clean and shiny, not black.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Traneman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:18:42 AM »

Thanks for the reply Jim.
One thing I found out quick was the coin out counter does not work neither does the anti cheat counter.

I did what you said Jim and it worked great,here are the results which by the way I didn't go Thu every single
payout I got tired of counting coins.
coin one got to the second to the highest payout and would not run the hopper it did this on the highest payout as well.
I could hear a click but the hopper did not operate.Every payout less paid the right amount of coins.
This was the case for the second and third coins as well.
Fourth coin did good until the third to the highest payout.It paid 8.85 and tripped the timer on the hopper,I reset it and the hopper
kept running until tripping again.I stopped at this point.
Fifth coin- hopper ran away again even on the lowest pay,I did not try and wish I did the highest paid on the fifth coin to see if the
bell would go off.I just got tired of counting coins.
I recleaned the contacts on the feature units nothing seemed to change.
And finally yes all the lights work just fine.lights light for coin one Thu five.

Thanks again for the support
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.