Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:07:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  E-1213
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E-1213  (Read 5629 times)
sag227
« on: July 31, 2009, 02:34:40 AM »

OK, lets see if I can get this explained right…

I own I Bally E-1213 for many years, however for the past couple of years it’s been collecting dust. The reason its been collecting dust is because the machine went into tilt and was unable to come out of it. Our machine repairman disappeared and was of no use to us, so since this time it’s been sitting lifeless. Needless to say, its time to bring it back to life.

I turned it on, and with the door open, the screen simply reads “7”

When the door is closed it still reads “7”. When reset is pressed, the reels do not reset, and the screen reads “b” or something resembling that. Once it is released, though, it goes back to reading "7"

Other than that, I have nothing else that stands out unless someone can get me started on the right path to recovery!

Also, since its been shut off for all of these years, is there any long-term damage or memory loss or something? Is there anyone here who lives in the Area of NY, NJ, PA, CT that wouldn’t mind fixing it?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:20:50 PM by sag227 » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:03:53 AM »

Welcome to NLG sag227.  wave

We have one or two members that know about the E series. Hopefully one of them will have some suggestions.

In the mean time, there is a copy of the Bally E Series manual in the "Submit a new file" section. Click on the blue button so labeled. It's towards the left, below the banner ads near the top of the page. Look for the file named "BallyE-Series_80to86_Manual.pdf".

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »

the 7 indicates a problem with the ram board on the mpu board - the mpu is the board on the left wall - to the left of the reel mech - the ram board is attached to the mpu board at the front edge - has a AA size battery attached to it.  Try reseating the small board (partially remove and push back in)  - you may try doing this with the power on and watching the win meter to see if there is any changes - you need to see either 71 000  or 50 000 for a good solution.  If no change then the ram board either has bad edge connectors - bad CMOS (5101s).
sag227
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 09:20:14 PM »

OK! I love progress! Thank you very much for your assistance. This really means alot to me.

So did as you stated, unfortunately did not see either of the 2 codes you stated. But the code I do see is 41 alternating with 1. The next 3 are indicating 8.0.(upsidedown lowercase c)0. Maybe 8.0.50? I believe this was the initial problem with the machine prior to abandonment. The reels did lock, which is the first time it has done it since the initial problem.

The lamps are on, but 4th coin payout line and 3rd coin payout are flashing with 1st coin payout steady burn. Tilt is also steady burn.

I tried reading the manual. I believe it has something to do with the first reel? I wouldn’t know the first thing about fixing it on my own.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:26:15 PM by sag227 » Logged
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »

turn machine off - remove the reel mechanism - restart machine - see if the reset then test button on the hopper clear the TILT.
sag227
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »

no change....
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 10:29:14 PM »

leave the reel mech out - power down - pull ribbon cable from the mpu or Io (either side) - power up - reset - test button - see if you get 500000. if not then MPU has problem - try reseating the ram board - the board with the battery on it.  You may have a bad edge connector - cmos (5101).
sag227
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 04:05:50 AM »

hmmmm....now i have alternating weird things...

the first character is an E, except the top horizontal light. Looks similar to a lowercase t.

the next character looks like a lowercase c, with trailing 0000

then flashes with 10000

so what i see is

tc0000

alternating with

So if this machine has a bad edge connectors, what causes this, what exactly needs to be done? Can this be something that can be fixed?
sag227
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

Sorry for the late update, but i'm hoping I can find a solution. I'll try to be detailed.

If I power it up, the reels sound they they are locking. The paylines flash. the payout display flashes 6 for a half of a second and then alternates 2 displays. I attached the 2 to this post.

If i try to reset the machine, it repeats all but the locking of the reels.

I've reseated all of the cables going to the ram board. I've checked the fuses. cleared out the hopper and examined the coin shoot (I sure that none of these have anything to do with the problem).

I would really appreciate any help on the matter.

* IMAG0970.jpg (216.25 KB, 2637x1204 - viewed 187 times.)

* IMAG0971.jpg (174.82 KB, 2520x1012 - viewed 218 times.)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:00:08 PM »

The Code 6 flash makes me think of a Ram Failure.
Here is the start up code list , Barry (Foxsslotes)
can tell you what it is for sure.

* Ballycodes.jpg (545.69 KB, 1704x2192 - viewed 220 times.)

One step at a time.
sag227
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 11:02:32 PM »

Thank you!

I do have the PDF version of the manual. Its kinda greek to me, and doesn't specifically mention this error. I can provide a copy if needed.
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 11:22:43 PM »

If you look at the code 6 on the page I posted, it says that the 6 will flash for 1 sec. followed by the code for the failed ram.
I would try carefully remove and rest all the removable ram chips to start.

One step at a time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.