Graphic Problem ON a fortune II... thoughts??

(1/2) > >>

mrcrazy:
I recently got this, the monitor was dead. Fixed it (bad flyback) but now I am missing the graphics on the cards of the game!! I attached a few pics... I verified my monitor IS FINE... works great in another machine. Game works great just cat seem to get the graphics to come up. Reseated all roms & color prom, still no luck...im thinking maybe my color prom is bad??

any help or thoughts is appreciated....

Greg

mrcrazy:
I have  been reading on here trying to find out if my poker is a fortune II or PE...... im still stumped!! I have found posts telling me both!! Please look at my pics & here is another of the cpu... what model is mine?

thanks,

Greg

knagl:
I think that's a PE (non-plus), but I'd get someone else's opinion, too.

My guess is that it's the wrong CAP (color) PROM for the graphics chips you have.  Does the number on the small CAP/color chip correlate at all to the numbers on the MRO/MGO/MBO/MXO graphics chips?

Neonkiss:
I'm going to go with a Fortune II machine.
I have the same board in my Fortune II where it has two connectors to the wire harness. My PE has a tray and slide in.
Also when in setting it gives the options for graphics between Fortune I or Fortune II

As far as the repair you did to the chassis, Did you change the flyback or change the entire chassis? The reason I ask, the Ceronix chassis has to have the proper bridge jumpers installed. The 1492 chassis could be used in about 15 different games by configuring the jumpers. IGT uses an inverted signal so the jumpers Q, S, X and Y must be bridged.

Next check your dip switch settings. Move dip #4, if off turn on. If on turn off
That one will change your inverted signal

If yours is setup correctly, then check the CAP Prom as Knagl sudgested

knagl:
Quote from: Neonkiss on July 07, 2013, 11:02:08 AM

I'm going to go with a Fortune II machine.
I have the same board in my Fortune II where it has two connectors to the wire harness. My PE has a tray and slide in.
Also when in setting it gives the options for graphics between Fortune I or Fortune II

I was reading through the PE (non-plus) manual the other day and it mentioned the option of card styles (F1 or F2), for what it's worth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page