Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:20:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S-Plus Double R/W/B *Growing List of Problems*
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S-Plus Double R/W/B *Growing List of Problems*  (Read 5809 times)
iamtheallknowing
« on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »

1st off: Hello All, I am so glad that I have stumbled onto these forms!
2nd: I have read lots and lots and lots of literature on these forms about this issue and I have yet to see my solution so if I have over looked it, please forgive me.

Starting off.... I have an IGT S Plus Double Red White and Blue machine. A few weeks ago I received the Error 12 "the battery voltage on the processor board has dropped below 2.9 volts DC." Which was no problem, I went to batteries plus and bought the EXACT same battery and re-attached it to the board. This is when the problems start, from this point on the Bill Validator was not functioning. I ordered the set 15 chip from ebay and instructed too by another form. I followed the instructions to find that the BV was already enabled.... This made me very confused. Nothing of what had changed since the battery failure should have changed the BVs settings. I suspect that while I was trying to determine and clear the BV error prior to buying and using the set 15 chip I have have changed some of the settings on accident (yes I am an idiot, please save me.) It has accepted a 20 ONCE and that is it. Also I am confused about what denomination I should be selecting after using the set 15 chip.

BV Version: DBV-200, BV inspected all belts and the money catch are lined up and functional.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi your my only hope. Wink

PS: is anyone able to tell me the default setup for a machine of this type so I can go step by step to figure out where the fault is?

James
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:33:44 AM by iamtheallknowing » Logged
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »

Welcome to  nlg James,
You found the right place for getting your machine back in order.

Looks like you had no problem with the battery change, clearing the 61 and 61-1 errors to get the machine back up and running.
That shows that you did a LOT of reading and are good at following detailed instructions.  applause

Now with that bill validator, You said you got it to take a $20.00 bill once? So I imagine that the yellow bill bezel is illuminated?
That indicated that YES, the bill validator is activated by the machine.

So, I assume that it sucks in a bill, holds it for a second or two and then returns the bill?
If so try cleaning the optics with a Q-tip and just dampened with water.

You are correct a dead battery and changing it with a new one should NOT have any affect on the bill validator, as long as it is activated.
So there must be another issue going on.

Post back and let us know how the machine is acting and if cleaning the head did any good.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
iamtheallknowing
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:47:05 AM »

Okay I cleaned the heads on the BV and that did not help. The bill bezel light is indeed illuminated. Then the machine first powers the BV makes a lot of noise like usual running 5 or 6 times. And yes it sucks in the bill and gives it back. I noticed the other day that it accepts bills when the credits are below 100ish. Once it is above it turns the bezel light off all together. I think I changed something on accident in the settings and I have no idea what it was.
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 02:13:18 AM »

How many credits are on the machine now?

Yes the bill head will cycle a few times during start-up, 5 or 6 is too many.
Be sure the transport is fully seated and the red lever is up on the left-hand side. That should be done with the two brass screws that hold the transport in place LOOSE. If you tighten the screws before flipping the red lever up the transport will not rest in the proper position. The last thing to do after replacing a transport is to tighten the two brass thumb screws.
Also check the cash can to be sure it is fully seated. I know the door is closed or the bezel would not be illuminated.

Let us know.
It's late on the East coast so maybe some can help further tonight, or I'll be around tomorrow.  sleep sleep sleep

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
iamtheallknowing
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 05:32:53 AM »

There are zero credits on the machine right now, I tried the set 15 chip prior to making the initial post. When I use the set 15 chip i set the denomination to 25 because its a 25 cent machine correct? Also I counted when the machine turned on, the BV made its cycle noise 2-4 times. I also checked the brass screws and the red handle on the left of the BV assembly and they seem to be in an acceptable state. Also prior to all of the problems it BV was working correctly reading all bills without any error.

I wanted to show the state that the machine diagnostics shows. When you press the reset button.

# Of Presses          Winner Paid         Credits           Coins Played
1                               -                      0                        -
2                              16                     -                        0
3                             5--2                    -                        0
4                             10-1                   -                        1
5                             10                     -                         2
6                             50                     -                          -
7                              50                    -                          -
8                             DISPLAYS NUMBER TEST (counts 0-9 on all windows)
9                             0                       -                          3
10    SWITCHES B/T 4709&0             0872                      4
11                           -                        -                          5
12                           -                        25                       6
13                          1000                   -                          7
14                           -                      0025                      7
15                         0000                    -                         8
16                            19                    -                          1
17                         0--0                     -                          0

** I don't know if any of this matters but I figured in case it was asked.

Also would purchasing a new Game EPROM  get rid of it if its a setting I messed up?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:01:37 AM by iamtheallknowing » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 07:14:45 AM »

You need to adjust the setting that is 7 in Coins played and 25 in credits (your strep #14)

Change it to 1000 using the spin reels button (increments the flashing digit it will roll over from 9 to 0, you should be able to change which digit is flashing by using the player button labeled Change (far left one) or use the JP key if Change player button does not work, it moves from right to left if I remember right. it will also wrap around.

That one is your Bill Validator Credit limit the one prior to that is your hopper / Credit limit which is currently 1000.

you SP chip is 872 and your SS Chip is 4079 which is a type 0 game that is why you see them show with 0 as well.
the number in the coins played refer to the page number in the options
I am going to atttach the SP872 Program Summery Report (PSR)

* SP872.doc (216.5 KB - downloaded 141 times.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:24:26 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
iamtheallknowing
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 07:18:20 AM »

Awesome I will try that in the mourning 'cause I am off to bed at this moment. However would you be able to tell me what that value means?

# Of Presses          Winner Paid         Credits           Coins Played
14                           -                      0025                      7

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 07:28:47 AM »

if you have less than 25 credits on the machine then the BV will be on (its actually 21 or less) because your machine is configured as a quarter machine.
22 credits it will be off because $1 is 4 credits and 22+4 = 26

right now as it is configured it wont accept a $10, $20, $50, or $100. $5 = 20 credits, $10 = 40 credits, $20 = 80 credits, $50 = 200 credits, $100 = 400 credits.

iamtheallknowing
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

I changed the value that you told me to and it still will not accept any bills. The BV is on though...
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »

Post back what the page 7 settings are now, 7 in the coins played display.
There are 2 settings both should be 1000.
It may not have saved it, press the attendant button to go to page 8 then close the door, if you have to adjust them.

The credit limit can be higher than the BV limit but the BV can not be higher than the credit limit.

It wont take any bills ot is it pulling the bill in and then rejecting it?
I hope you didnt mess with switches on the botttom of the BV head. all should be off.

iamtheallknowing
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 06:17:04 AM »

No I did not mess with any switches on the BV, and both settings in page 17 show 1000.
iamtheallknowing
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 05:47:15 AM »

Okay, I have looked through everything. I think its the bill acceptor box AKA the money box. I messed with it a couple times and after it accepts 100s w/o any issue. Anyone know where I can get another cash box? Or trick it to think the cash box is present and just drop money into the collection chamber?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:53:29 AM by iamtheallknowing » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

Anyone know where I can get another cash box?

Best thing to do is just place a WTB (Wanted To Buy) ad in the Classifieds section of NLG
and I'll bet a member will spot it and have one for you!  yes
Be clear in your WTB ad to what you want.

Neonkiss had some really good suggestions I like now that Foster helped you out with your settings...
Sounds like a physical problem actually.
Does anything look bent or out of whack?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »

Check to be sure the transport is fully seated at the back there is access on the left side at the back, gently press the down on the transport
sometimes it will not drop into place when you re-install it. also make sure the lever on that same side is up.

iamtheallknowing
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 02:35:30 AM »

Yeah, I have checked all of that. I have come to the conclusion that its the cash box for sure.

Does anyone know how to "trick" the machine into thinking the cash box is present so the bills will just drop in the chamber where the money box goes?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 04:51:44 AM »

I do not think it can be done.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »

Yeah, I have checked all of that. I have come to the conclusion that its the cash box for sure.
Does anyone know how to "trick" the machine into thinking the cash box is present so the bills will just drop in the chamber where the money box goes?
I do not think it can be done.

The reason why is because the cash box circuit runs the entire unit through a preset sequence
as it starts up as the optics are "checked/read" and the transport motor, along with the stacker tray -
goes through it's physical motions.
All that is in a certain order and timed.
You can't fool it physically like sticking a piece of gum on something...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.