Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT draw poker door open call attendant
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT draw poker door open call attendant  (Read 31957 times)
spanky6263
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »

So i called my bud thats an electrical engineer and he hooked me up with where to order the chip.  Probably a week or so before I get it and then off to the avionics shop at work to have some one remove and replace it.  Will keep you posted as to how it turns out. My bud seems to think it is trying to erase data on that chip and it cant and thats why it is stuck getting the eeprom message,hence the name of the chip elec-erasable prom...go figure had to ask the engineer what it meant.
spanky6263
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:39 PM »

OK guys, seems like it took longer then a week to get someone to do the repair.  Finally got the board back and the EEPROM message is gone .  applause, now for the bad news.  Still doesnt work...  It all appears to be working as now i have all the test screens and everything.  I have a coin in the comparator and when i close the door and hit reset everything appears to be normal except on the left side it said closure restart.  I used the clear chip and reset everything .  The closure restart is gone and now it all says is  closure.  I tried resetting it again but same results.  If you drop a coin in it falls straight thru the machine.  So any ideas on where i should go next.  Hey we are making progress as the problem that it originally had is gone.  Thanks for all the help...
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2012, 05:07:10 AM »

That's good progress.

Restart just means that the machine was recently powered on after being turned off.

Closure is the opposite of "Door Open", meaning that the machine detected a door was open, but now it's closed. As long as there are no other tilt messages, a closure message is a good indication that the machine is ready to accept a coin.

Make sure that your sample coin is in good condition and is properly seated in the comparator. Make sure the wiring to the comparator is plugged in securely with no broken or pinched wires.

Try adjusting the sensitivity of the comparator to make it less likely to reject coins. See this post for details:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=10759.msg93615#msg93615

I suggest turning it back and forth a few times to clean the pot, then all the way away from the + (all the way CCW), then once you hit that edge, turn it back towards the + (CW) just the slightest bit.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:15:54 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
spanky6263
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2012, 11:00:49 PM »

applause You guys are the Bomb Hail  It works....  applause Couldnt be happier with all the support and information you guys gave me.  I hope my donation was sufficient and it helps keep the site going as i couldnt have done it without all the help.  One last question.  IS it best to leave it plugged in and running all the time or is it better to shut it down for long periods of time?  Thanks again guys. wave
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 11:44:37 PM »

Congratulations Congratulations
On the repair.

The debate between leave a machine on or turn it off has been debated here before.
Both side have good points, however with a older machine equipped with a CRT monitor, I turn them off. If it was a older machine that had a LCD conversion I would leave it on.

Personally I don't trust CRT's and don't like the screen burn it creates with extended time left on. That's why screen savers were invented when computers used CRT monitors.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 01:59:51 AM »

Dancing Party

Congrats on getting it working, and thanks for your donation to help support the site!  Joey will get you set up with a nifty green "Contributing Member" badge soon, I'm sure.

I looked back in the thread, and you did a lot of great work to get the machine up and running.  Great job sticking with it -- I hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.   yes

I'd agree with Neonkiss -- the screen is going to get burned enough from normal use, I would not leave it on constantly, unless you plan to play it daily.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 02:22:06 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.