Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Pachislo Slots
| | |-+  IGT The Terminator (c) 2000 Canal+DA half working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT The Terminator (c) 2000 Canal+DA half working  (Read 12757 times)
wackyracer
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »

I just picked up this IGT The Terminator (c) 2000 Canal+DA 3 reel machine and it was not working at all...no power, I found the circuit breaker tripped on the transformer so I reset it. The machine now only partially works. Basically you can bet, spin and stop the reels and it will pay out but it has NO sound, the LED matrix display does not light up, the CFL light above the reels  doesn't light and the side and top light are inop. It looks like all of the stuff that doesn't work connects to the sound/ light board at the top of the machine on the back wall.  The numbers on the board are PI19D 01A.  I checked the 8 pin connector from the power supply  to this board and the voltages just are not there (not sure what they should be) but they are inconsistent and then drop very low.
I believe I may have a partially working power supply.  The sticker on it says N059178 the numbers on the board inside are PI10G-A IGT Japan.

Does anyone have a schematic for this machine? so I can confirm my readings and can anyone tell me where to get parts for this or what other machines use the same  boards and power supply?
Any help is much appreciated! and Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:
I added 2 images of the power supply.

* IMAG0135.jpg (85.87 KB, 800x1338 - viewed 426 times.)

* IMAG0134.jpg (71.67 KB, 800x478 - viewed 408 times.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:32:18 PM by wackyracer » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »

Fill out your profile better and I can tell you which vendor is closest
to you that will have a power supply.

If you're located overseas, than just about any vendor located on the homepage can help you.
Better yet, place a WTB ad in the "Classifieds" section of NLG and somebody will try and sell you one.
wackyracer

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 12:16:03 AM »

Profile has been UPDATED....I would really like to confirm it needs a power supply....some pin out voltages would help. Any idea where I can get a service manual for this machine?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:37:31 AM »

Sent ya a PM...
wackyracer

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:32:12 PM »

2 more picture one of the actual machine with all that functions and the second is of the sound/ light driver board.

* IMAG0136.jpg (140.11 KB, 800x1338 - viewed 496 times.)

* IMAG0133.jpg (114.53 KB, 800x1338 - viewed 449 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 03:37:29 PM »

A few members have some skill stops.
They are not real slot machines but fun toys to play with from what I've heard.
Hopefully they will see your pictures and maybe they can help you figure out what's wrong with your game.
wackyracer

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »

Nobody knows anything about repairing this machine?

I partially recapped the the combo sound/light driver board and power supply with what caps I had in stock and ordered the rest.
 Apparently these machines do not use a common chassis ground. Which was causing my low voltages readings out of power supply on the j11 8 pin connector at the sound board. Testing between pins on that connector revealed various voltages up to 39v dc. So maybe the power supply is good? I just don't know. Also I do get some popping from the speakers when I work both volume switches.

Maybe the motherboard is bad as it connects to the combo sound board and probably supplys the sound and the signal for the LED matrix?

If someone has one of these machines in full working condition and can test the voltages at connector j11 of the sound board and report them back to me that would help.
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 06:17:42 PM »

Have you tried the pachitalk website? They have a ton of info on pachislo machines there, most of the members in this forum mainly deal with Nevada style gaming machines which are vastly different than a skill stop.

Hopefully someone here can help you but if not, you might find more information here: http://www.pachitalk.com/
wackyracer

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »

I have been to paschitalk and slottechforum.com and posted...I have yet to receive any of the info I am requesting. I cannot believe that this machine is frequently bought and sold on ebay and craigslist yet nobody has ever fixed one? Scratch Head
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »

I don't know about anyone else but I've never worked on one. I have a pachislo and its fun to play but the day that it stops working, it'll either go into the trash or the cabinet will be repuprosed for some other project. But I bought mine for $70 and consider it a fun toy.

Hopefully someone will be able to help though.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »

check out stealthamusements.com   they are in New York    should be able to help you.

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
wackyracer

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2011, 02:19:27 AM »

I emailed them earlier this evening and they replied saying to call them....they are in Webster NY about 75-90 min one way from me. I will give them a call in the AM.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »

Keep hammering on Bunker, he's in your neck of the woods.  frying pan frying pan frying pan

If nothing else, you guys can see how many of them you can stuff in his Subaru... (inside joke)  Crazy bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Thanks,
Bill
wackyracer

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »

I am still in need of a power supply for this machine or someone who can repair mine.
wackyracer

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 03:56:19 AM »

UPDATE: I bought another machine for parts and ended up fixing that one. I have determined my original machine only needs a power box/ supply as pictured earlier in this thread (not the transformer), and the audio board (as pictured earlier) that also controls the Led matrix and the lighting effects, I can also use a pig tail for the door switch as the machine I just received had it cut off so I used it on that one.

I believe the IGT Nitro, IGT Superegg may be the same on the inside with just a rom swap required for sound and lighting personality....I am not positive though.

Once I have these parts I will have 2 working machines.

I may part the machine out if anyone needs some parts let me know as all the parts are working EXCEPT the those I listed and the door lock cyl that has been hacked up by someone.
wackyracer

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 05:35:18 AM »

You can also add the IGT Pachislo Machine "SEVEN" to the list of machines that possibly have the parts I am looking for.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 01:07:03 PM »

You are using a 110vac to 220vac step-up transformer?...Is it outputting the correct voltages?...Also it should be a 5a transformer and not a 3a like most guys are putting in machines..
Jimmy
wackyracer

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »

You are using a 110vac to 220vac step-up transformer?...Is it outputting the correct voltages?...Also it should be a 5a transformer and not a 3a like most guys are putting in machines..
Jimmy
It is not a transformer problem and I am using a 120v to 24v step down transformer.....all the problem parts have been tested with parts from a known working machine and I am 100% positive I only need the power box/supply and the combo Audio/lighting board to bring it back to life.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.