Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Ebay Auctions The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  Looks like a good deal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looks like a good deal  (Read 4236 times)
lindam1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« on: March 04, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »

This looks like a good price, when you figure in the FREE shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triple-Red-Hot-Sevens-Slot-Machines-IGT-Las-Vegas-Machine-Dallas-Texas-DFW-/360439089551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53ebd8098f

* triple redhot 7s 3c.jpg (49.96 KB, 405x541 - viewed 215 times.)

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »

not a good deal there is no free shipping  read the whole listing    (must be picked up)
lindam1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »

A little deceiving if you're not an eagle eye as you are.
Sorry for the bad info

Triple Red Hot Sevens Slot Machines IGT Las Vegas Machine Dallas Texas DFW
Item condition:   Used
Time left:   6d 00h (Mar 10, 201206:17:42 PST)
Price:   US $450.00   

Special offer available on this and additional items!
Shipping:   FREE Expedited Shipping See more services  See shipping discounts

Delivery:   
Between Wed. Mar. 07 and Thu. Mar. 08 to 18407
Estimated by eBay FAST 'N FREE help icon for Estimated delivery date - opens a layer

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »

the seller is trying to get someone to buy it and not see you must pickup part of his ad , someone will buy it think free shipping for sure
daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »

Thats sneaky. The seller could have put in "Local Pickup Only" under Shipping instead of "FREE Expedited Shipping".
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »

Thats sneaky. The seller could have put in "Local Pickup Only" under Shipping instead of "FREE Expedited Shipping".

And it could be a good reason for the buyer to back out. There is a 'local pickup only' shipping option. From what I have read, that trumps what you put in the listing.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:56 PM »

Also, FREE shipping is a way for the buyer to increase his exposure/ranking in search results.  I know eBay will be changing, again, in the next few months. Offering lower fees for expedited handling time (1 day handling), Same Day shipping, and "Get it Fast" shipping options. I guess it works for some sellers, like the ones who sell easy to pack items and have a million of each item on hand (cell phone covers, chinese made junk).

After doing the math, we won't be participating in the same day shipping, but may experiment with the 1 day handling. Same day shipping is just cutting it a bit short for some items. Maybe eBay thinks they have more full-time sellers than they really do? Or maybe there IS a bunch of soccer moms (no offense intended to anyone) out there with garages full of ready to ship items, who knows. I once had a customer tell me the only way to do eBay, in his opinion, was to keep all items you have listed packed and ready to ship!!...I think we would need a slightly bigger warehouse.....

poppo

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

I don't sell much, but after I take the pictures, I box it up so I can get an idea of what it will cost to ship. I generally offer free shipping because I usually have a pretty good idea of how much it will cost (I only ship CONUS).

As for the same day shipping, there is a difference between shipping the same day and printing a label the same day. All too often I get a shipping notice (label printed) but yet the item never actually gets mailed for several days. I was told this can't happen because the label is only good for so long, but there must be some way around it as I've had as much as 5 days go by between the label being printed and 'acceptance' at the outgoing post office.
CVslots

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »

Wow, 5 days?? That's crazy...not sure how they are getting away with that, maybe on smaller things that they can drop off in the outgoing mail box at the post office. Once I printed a label without realizing the Buyer hadn't paid yet, so I held it overnight, they paid, and so I shipped it the next day. When the postal worker seen it, she circled the date in red, and proceeded to scold me (and not real quietly) saying "No, no, no, you're not supposed to do that, we do not have to accept this you know, but I will take it this time!"  face in palm  Needless to say, havent done that since!!!

Now on the lag time between actual drop-off at the post office and the "Acceptance Time" on tracking, that's definitely a service that could be improved upon. I've had packages delivered before they even showed "Accepted". It's awful, the buyer thinks theyve been lied to, you're full of it and their confidence in you falls to zero. Then when the package shows up, all the buyer says is "Oh, thanks." Some things are just NOT controllable by the seller.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:57:42 PM by CVslots » Logged

poppo

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »

I'm not sure how the label printing works since I don't use it. Can you print a label with delivery confirmation, and then void it and make a new one using the same delivery confirmation number?
CVslots

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 02:46:36 PM »

No, thats not an option. If oyu void a label, a new one, with new delivery confirmation is created. Let me think, I'm thinking since I can print a label, ship the item, then go back in and reprint the label, that may be how they can do it (or their post office just doesn't watch dates?). Surely there is a limited time frame in which I can re-print it? But I am not certain if it changes the ship date or not just by re-printing it. I'll mess around with it when I print today and see. Or I'll see if I can re-print the label we made for you (think it was a harness?) a couple months ago. 

What gets me is if you print a label, then void it for whatever reason, the USPS can (and does) wait 21 days before issuing a refund for the postage, they say its to verify that the label was not in fact used. Wouldn't the bar code be invalid and be rejected if I attempted to ship a package with a label I had voided?? Apparently, their technology is not what it should be, obviously.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »

Now on the lag time between actual drop-off at the post office and the "Acceptance Time" on tracking, that's definitely a service that could be improved upon. I've had packages delivered before they even showed "Accepted". It's awful, the buyer thinks theyve been lied to, you're full of it and their confidence in you falls to zero. Then when the package shows up, all the buyer says is "Oh, thanks." Some things are just NOT controllable by the seller.

I totally have seen this happen.
I get the tracking number from the seller almost immediately from the seller after I pay for an item
but there's absolutely no follow-up from the post office online until after the package has been delivered!?  rotflmao
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.