Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Ebay Auctions The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  ebay feedback - I am so bad
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ebay feedback - I am so bad  (Read 12535 times)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

he would refund the 2 Grand for the chips and keep the $2800.00 shipping. ( ebay rules shipping is non refundable )

Buzz, That's my big bitch right now.
ebay rules have changed.
I sold an item as is and described it very well.
Packaged it to survive a nuclear bomb.
When it arrived the box got wet. No broken glass no complaints about excessive shipping just wet eproms.
He files a "Not as described complaint" after I said I would send replacement EPROMS.
Paypal refunded the cost of the item and the cost of shipping. That's their new policy.

So yes, you can buy an item "as is" then check it out and if you don't like it file a complaint and get your cost plus shipping refunded.
You just have to pay the return postage.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »

I gotta say that I learned a lot from this post ... good insight on both sides of Ebay.   +1 (Karma, or whatever) to all that participated.   yes
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »

Instead of feedback I like the subject of inflated shipping cost.  Example a seller in China I buy eproms from normally sells with free shipping. sometimes like right now he has what looks to be a very good deal, 2000 eproms for 2 grand, ahh but he wants $2800.00 shipping.  wtf1 is this.  Now lets go one step futher, say I went for the deal, he could ship me a brick instead of eproms, I would open up a dispute, ebay would require me to ship him back the brick at my expense, he would refund the 2 Grand for the chips and keep the $2800.00 shipping. ( ebay rules shipping is non refundable )

Right now I have a bid  on 5 eproms and 2 simms ( incomplete poker game ) bidding started at $9.99 ( I'm the only bidder )  BUT 15 dollars shipping. Last time I checked a small flat rate box is $5.35 so where does the other $9.65 go ??   I know for boxes and packing supplies. About a week ago my post office gave me 75 flat rate boxes ( 25 of each size )  at NO cost ya know like free !!!!  Now I bet I hear the story about how he has to take the box to the PO.  BS attach $5.35 to the box and your letter Carrier will take it to the PO for you !!

How about Walmart installs a couple of buttons at each checkout stand and you rate your shopping experience that day Good or Bad.  You press bad and instantly get banned from every Walmart in the land.  OR you press good and when you get the milk home it's soured.

Buzz if you file a dispute with ebay and you return your item you get a refund for item cost and the original shipping. So whatever the seller paid for shipping he has lost too. So you both loose shipping cost both ways. ( I know this post is old)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »

I would like to chime in my latest dealings with eBay -   

I sold an iPhone 4s for $425 - exactly 29 days after the sale I get a dispute -  the buyer claims they never received the item -

well luckily I have a wife who keeps everything  and I have the tracking number which clearly proves item was delivered.
After two weeks eBay refunded the buyer and screwed me  --   they have a policy that states any item over $250 requires SIGNATURE verification.

bottom line you must know all the rules
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:07 AM »

I sold an iPhone 4s for $425 - exactly 29 days after the sale I get a dispute -  the buyer claims they never received the item -

well luckily I have a wife who keeps everything  and I have the tracking number which clearly proves item was delivered.
After two weeks eBay refunded the buyer and screwed me  --   they have a policy that states any item over $250 requires SIGNATURE verification.

glad to no that..... i didnt no that..... ebay fees are a joke lately..... i sold 2 items $40 and a $6 item and i owe them $5.22...its not worth it....
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »

Yeah you got screwed on that one and they knew they would win because you did not use the signature thing. That rule is fairly new too.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 02:42:15 PM »

Yeah you got screwed on that one and they knew they would win because you did not use the signature thing. That rule is fairly new too.

Actually it isn't that new, at least 2 years I can remember and it reminds you when you print the shipping label from Paypal about Signaure Confirmatin (total rip on cost too), the whole deal is set up to use eBay shipping and Paypal, if you use their tools it works. Yes it cost, No I don't like the fees, but if you adhere to the way it is supposed to be it protects you. I do know if only selling occasionally it can be hard to know, however many people will exploit this. Johnathan, you can go back and see if that phone has been activated and if by same person then burn his azz by both eBay and Paypal and possibly cops due to value, personally I wouldn't sleep until I got the prick. You can get the ESN from your old number by calling provider probably

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 02:45:21 PM »

Agree with Post

Yeah it was about that long as I remember being pissed about it. But like you said he probably doesn't sell that much.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.