Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:44:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  EBay and other online auction sites news and info.
| |-+  Ebay Auctions The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. (Moderator: Brianzz)
| | |-+  Ebay
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ebay  (Read 15130 times)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 08:15:27 PM »

This guy is listing the same (repro) photo with different titles for different prices at the same time. That sure goes a long way towards instilling trust in the seller's honesty.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »

I hate see old slots smashed by law , like a bad dream when we use to junk em pinballs /,jukes cause we had no space to store them
StatFreak

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »

I hate see old slots smashed by law , like a bad dream when we use to junk em pinballs /,jukes cause we had no space to store them

I agree. It's doubly sad when they are destroyed for lack of space and a willing buyer. And the willing buyer always seems to show up a week after the machine(s) were destroyed after they had gone years without an inquiry.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
mvco
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »

Man, I remember many box truck loads of EM pinballs going to the dump when we were upgrading our amusement game routes in the early 1980's.  Then mid 80's, we must have taken over 100 Pac Man games and other early video titles to the dump.  What is fu7nny, we are still taking loads of machines to the dump when the route warehouse gets full.  But now, I always look at the stuff, knowing 30 years from now we will regret throwing it away. 
the joys of being a route operator I suppose. 
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 10:39:57 PM »

amen  I 1st full time job for a vendor was throwing out 78rpm jukes in mid 70,s
StatFreak

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 07:50:05 PM »

Why don't route operators, et.al., sell games they're done with on the secondary market? Games that failed to sell would still end up going to the dump, but not all of them.

Sell as-is, no returns or warranty. Make a last bit of money off the game and give it a new home and life. It seems to me that it would be a win-win.

SlotFreak
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 08:09:59 PM »

over the years, i cant even count all the games ive broken up to be put in a dumpster to make room for new machines in the warehouse.  i saved dozens of old school backglass from a horrible fate which i still have packed away to this day. i coudlnt get myself to smash the backglasses. 
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »

For us, and most other route operators, I think it's just the time the logistics would take to resell these surplus games.  On some occasions, especially with the 1990's Williams Pinballs, they are too valuuable to dump.  We do take the time to sell them completely as-is on Ebay.  But sadly, it often comes back to bite.  Even though the surplus is sold as-is, people, come back complaining, and wanting free repairs for life.

It's just easier, and without obstruction, that keeps us taking things to the dump.  I must say, I do NOT like dumping this stuff, makes me feel wasteful, and sad, thinking about how cool thye stuff is now that we dumped in 1980.

On a good note, there are a few collectors that have proven to me understanding that we just need the stuff gone, and will offer them games from time to time, but they can only absorb so much.

These days, it's older cranes, and 1990's video games, and a few old C.D Jukeboxes that find their way to the dump.

SlotFreak
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »

i remember back in the late 80s my boss at the time had me break up a bally paragon pinball machine.   i wanted to take it for myself but i still lived at home then and my mother wasnt having it.   it broke my heart to destroy that machine. such a great pinball machine from the 1970s.
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 12:39:33 AM »

no no no
To the dump

* 031509_12391.jpg (101.79 KB, 640x480 - viewed 429 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »

we take ours to scrap yard , they helped unload a few trailers, so I give the metal for free  , better than paying dump fee
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »

Same here, scrap for metal. We get approx $12-14 for the stripped cabinets. Had a junk metal/scrapguy come pick a 8-10 cabinets one time and he called us every week for like 2 months after that wanting to know if we had anymore...

SlotFreak
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »

The guys at TNT Amusements in Pa have an interesting
way of getting rid of their old equipment.

http://youtu.be/7PlGhKuE1Rc
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »

the stuff they toss has been striped of any usable parts.  todd use to buy from us in nj  , and love to put on a show to piss off those rec game pinball guys they know everything
mvco
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »

Haha, anything to stir up the old RGP Pinball group is fun.  Actually, the RGP group has tamed way down, and the resident troll frankfurter has been kicked to tyhe sideline.  Nice place to go again, but most of the pinball discussion seems to remain at Pinside.com.

BTW, if you are wondering what the RGP is, it's a Google Group called Rec. Games pinball.  Was the most popular site for years, until too much bickering and slandering entered the scene, so may people chose the moderated Pinside site forums.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2014, 09:43:45 PM »

frank is a wack job  but at times he had right  answers  , when we went to York pinball show some of those rgp guys had name tags on  I told them I have great price for that group 25% higher than public
StatFreak

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »

The guys at TNT Amusements in Pa have an interesting
way of getting rid of their old equipment.

http://youtu.be/7PlGhKuE1Rc

It was posted on NLG a few years ago but it's been a while. Thanks for the link.  propeller

It's still hard to watch, even though I know that the games were stripped and not of much use. Reminds me of a quote from "Wall Street."

[Gordon Gekko]: "Mixed emotions, Buddy. Like Sir Wildman driving off a cliff... ...in my new Maserati !"

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.