Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Pinball Games
| | |-+  spirirt of 76 tilt
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: spirirt of 76 tilt  (Read 6014 times)
mikeyd
« on: January 23, 2010, 09:32:26 AM »

Hi there. We just bought a spirit of 76 pinball machine. Was playing great, Then the wife was playing and then the
tilt just came on for no reason. I did check to see if the plum bob was touching and its not. Any help would be great.
galahad
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »

When you power off then power back on does it stay in the tilt mode?

The second smartest man say's, "I don't know'. The first smartest man say's,"I don't know, but I know who to ask"!
mikeyd
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »

Yes it does. There is a fuse in the bottom of the game said 25 volts 15amps fuse. its blown.So i get new fuses, when i turn the game on, the fuse blown again.
so i watch the contacts close on game over and player one spark alittle then the fuse blew out.Then i went in the back of the head and unplug the wires that
make the head work.then you can take the head off.I plug the 2 little wires in, then turn the machine. The lights came on the backglass, and the game over was flashing.it was acting like it was working normal. so i put the other wire plugs on then i turn the machine on, then the fuse blown again. I think it might be in the head. I hope this helps.
galahad
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:14:26 AM »

With blowing the 25 volt fuse, sounds as if one of your coils is burned, (bad)! Check for coils that might be locked in position with the power off. If a switch is stuck on that in turn will have the coil constantly pulled in and will heat coil and burn. Check your slingshot coils and your pop bumpers. Likely suspects. Hope that helps!

The second smartest man say's, "I don't know'. The first smartest man say's,"I don't know, but I know who to ask"!
galahad
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 12:27:53 AM »

Also, not sure about your game, but some pop bumpers were DC coils instead of AC. so you might have a bad bridge rectifier for those coils.

mikeyd
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »

I did check the coils by eye didnt see any burnt. is there another way to check them to make sure they are bad? I will put pictures on here. The only 2 coils would ingage were the game over relay and the play one relay. here a picture of this switch that i pulled up and this would not blow the fuse.but the game still doesnt work. in this picture i was able to pull up and the fuse wouldnt blown when i push down it would blow.

* switch 76 (Medium).jpg (83.74 KB, 800x600 - viewed 214 times.)
galahad
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »

Stay with the coil check. Check all coils, (score motor, score reel, coils in back of the head), try un-plugging your chime unit under playfield in the bottom right side of cabinet. Any wiring pinched from lifting the playfield up and down?

mikeyd
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »

what about the switch i took a picture of. do i need to put the switch back down to blow the fuses again?
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »

what about the switch i took a picture of. do i need to put the switch back down to blow the fuses again?

Thats a "Slam" switch. it's normally closed. It's job is to tilt the machine if the body is lifted then dropped.
It wont cause blown fuses. there should be one just like it in the coindoor close to the edge. Same thing, normally closed.
Check the one in the door and make sure it's not shorting to ground...

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
mikeyd
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 02:28:12 PM »

Ok i check both of them and they are close. I put the fuse in and the game was able to play. the first ball then second ball then the 3rd ball tilt again blown fuse.
galahad
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »

Question? Does the fuse blow when the 3rd ball kicks out to the shooter lane, or while your playing, or when it drains? Or does it blow after the second ball drains? If its just related to the 3rd ball start looking on the ball stepper unit. See if changing from 3-ball to 5-ball makes any difference. Should be a plug in bottom of cabinet or the head to make this change. Not sure your machine. Without having a schematic in front of me, not sure what all is happening when the 3rd ball starts.

mikeyd
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »

When i play ball 2 and it goes into the hole then it sounds like it want to go to ball 3 then the tilt comes on and the fuse blown. spirit of 76 pinball machine.
Hope that helps.
mikeyd
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »

Ok. I went into the head and turn the score wheel and check all the coils went ahead a put another fuse in it. Now its playing fine. I played it for 30 mins so far no problems... I dont know what the problems is now working Im so happy applause
galahad
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »

If all is working now, all coils and scoring and chimes working, I'd check the fuse holder for the 25 volt fuse. Glad to hear you got it working!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.