Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 06:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Video keeps shifting off center
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video keeps shifting off center  (Read 2461 times)
hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 8

« on: June 13, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »

Ok, the GK that I was shopping myself a few days ago has a skeleton in the closet.

Quick details again:
GK 4.0 on a 39 board, no Medialite board
17" LCD of undetermined brand (I haven't looked yet)

The 17" is attached to the old CRT pull-out chassis, not attached to the door.
On the top edge of the screen is a micro-button board with a green LED.

At various time the video will shift 1/3 of the way right off the screen.  The touch screen remains oriented correct as to where the buttons "should" be, its just the video itself that's moved.  If you hit the "auto correct" button on the board mentioned above it will pull the video back in to the correct place.  But then it occurs again a random times, sometimes at start up, sometimes during play.

Any ideas???

I will try later tonight the quick fix that i found by searching... not sure if it will apply.
The other thread with video problems said to open door and key twice to he touch calibration menu... he said that took the "noise" out of the video
hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »

In case this might help someone else:

I think I corrected it.  In the menu of the monitor it was set to IGT AVP.  I set it to IGT 39, hit the auto scale button,  and it re-scaled to exactly the right screen size (prior it kept a 3/4" boarder around).  I guess it might have been fighting a resolution thing, or a ratio thing.

Anyway, I hope it holds.
Also, going into the touch calibration menu took the vertical line noise out of the screen  Clap
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »

Which monitor do you have?

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:09:40 PM »

I didn't even look, after I set it to IGT39 it has been perfect for 5 days now, no problem at all.
It must have been fighting a resolution mis-match
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »

I was just curious where you saw this IGT39 setting.  I have a Wells Gardner monitor, and can't find any such setting.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
hotrod777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »

Next time I get over to my buddy's I'll look.  In the menu along with the typical brightness, contrast, yada yada, there was an "input" menu.
On this monitor it had:
IGT AVP
IGT 44
IGT 39
Bally
PC
Composite
and maybe a few others...

After setting to IGT39 and hitting the "auto adjust" button, it squared up and looked twice as good as it did.
It still had some vertical line "noise" on the video, and based on another thread I seen here, I toggled into the calibration screen, then back out.  That made the blue background crystal clear/clean. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.