Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 04:02:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Vibrations mess up a screen...sort of.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vibrations mess up a screen...sort of.  (Read 2407 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« on: June 18, 2013, 09:14:14 PM »

So get this...

Yesterday I put in some new GK glass.  Bout an hour later I walk into my family room and notice that the LCD has a green haze.  I open the door and screen flicker starts.  Wtf?!?!  LCD is only a year or so old.  I disconnect and reconnect the VGA cable.  Even threw a VGA to DVI converter on there to test the DVI port.  Still nothing.  Tapping on the door would make the screen flicker.  Did it one more time and the screen went dark displaying "no signal."  Oh jeez...

I also remember getting occasional lines of interference on the screen which I thought may have been due to incandescent bulbs in the buttons.

So while I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, I noticed that the MPU wasn't seated all the way in.  After putting 2 and 2 together, I realized that my 18" home theater subwoofer was shaking the MPU loose.  1000 watts of amp and that size of driver will rattle fillings out of your head.  Sure enough, reseating the MPU fixes the static and the signal problems.  Another thing to check periodically.  And here I was ready to call A&G.  :p

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:29:10 AM »

Holy crap!  I was reading this and panicking for you!  Glad to hear you figured out. 

How awesome that an amazing sound system caused this error?  That's wild!  yes
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have that problem. bawling rotflmao
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »

Jason, install the MPU tray lock and it won't happen again. If it vibrates all the way out that will be like unplug I g board from a running machine. Always a bad idea
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:49:17 AM »

Tray lock?  What is that?  Do tell.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »

You MPU tray should have a hole for a lock same as you main door, cash box door etc. S2000's all do, maybe Game Kings are different? Scratch Head
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.