Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  game king -touch screen not working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: game king -touch screen not working  (Read 6901 times)
azgamingslots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 9

« on: July 31, 2013, 05:09:28 AM »

game king 17" 3902 board, was working ok last time i turned it on (a few weeks ago) now powered up, the touch screen not working,(monitor works ok but nothing works upon touch)  (touchscreen communication error displayed on screen), keying cpu with chip#22 cleared but didn't help, turned the jp key, calibrating never shows dots to touch. figured it was a t/screen controllerr so i swapped whole working monitor (from a good game king next to it)  still giving same error,  next tried swapping working board, and power supply.  good grounded outlet.  -the components i pulled off this machine work fine in another one.

so monitor ok, cpu board ok, and power supply ok,  but touchscreen still not working, what else? only thing left in machine is motherboard, and cable from monitor to motherboard -or did i overlook something simple?

* gk413bonuspoka.JPG (878.11 KB, 900x1200 - viewed 296 times.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:21:26 AM by azgamingslots » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »

It's to early today for a long story so will keep it short.

I had two machines with this problem ( at the same time )  and it was the same trace burned on the mother boards  both machines.  Soldered a jumper wire in and as for as I know they are still working.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Tech73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:22:37 PM »

Try unplugging the printer and see if the touchscreen error goes away. If that doesn't work try the I/O cards.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:23:28 PM by Tech73 » Logged
azgamingslots

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:37:57 AM »

talked to a tech in las vegas, i followed his suggestions,  also swapped motherboard and video cable,  still nothing.

after running out of things to try, he said to disconnected the bill validator.  (pulled it out) -touch screen error disappeared. slid the validator back in, it cycled and restarted. all is well -wtf?

seems that if the validator doesn't communicate properly with the netplex,  the netplex shuts down communication with everything

all is working now.
Tech73

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »

Netplex is a funny thing.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 02:17:25 PM »

I would suggest disassembling the BV tray / housing and study closely the wires coming out of the back of the BV black port.  These wires are thin and frail and often the plastic coating gets frayed where they turn down up against the top sharp edge of the housing.  On a GK these wires typically lead to the right out of the port before they head down and get squished up against the metal housing when the BV is pushed in and pushes up against them.  When you pull the BV out it releases the pressure.  The problem you are having is often a result of one of these frayed wires getting pushed up against the metal housing and it grounds out the comm.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
elmagoo

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 06:28:58 AM »

To Buzz, what trace did you hard-wire on the motherboards?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

To Buzz, what trace did you hard-wire on the motherboards?

That was a long time ago.  Scratch Head Scratch Head  As I recall it was real close to the edge close to one of the large edge plugs. Was pretty easy to find, the trace on both boards was fried.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
azgamingslots

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

looks like the power for the touch screen controller runs through the motherboard through j-5.  (the red and black wires on end of plug) thinking if one was going to burn it would be one or both of them.
Skipper

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »

hello you first suguiero you change the CPU:
transistors Q7, Q8 2N3904 if you are out the same fault changes
the integrated U87, U86 are optocouplers and if that sige you mention the error coming from
Finally change the transistor Q4 is a 2N3904, so I repaired several communication error cards
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.