Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  ROM error on Dream of Jeannie sound board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ROM error on Dream of Jeannie sound board  (Read 6428 times)
badbaud
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« on: September 02, 2013, 01:45:32 PM »

The problem is with the small SIP memory card that plugs into the piggyback sound board.

Without this memory stick the game only plays basic sounds, but the game does play.

With it the game does not play and the screen shows sound ROM error.

I am told it is a series "30" SIP ROM board but can't seem to find a replacement series xxxxx30 ROM board.

Any suggestions? Are these boards pre-programmed for specific games?

We have one in our Tailgate party game that has xxxxx85 as the series number.

Can it be put into a board that originally had a series 30 board and work?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »

Your talking about simms, and no DSS00085 ( Tail Gate Party ) will not work in a IDOJ.  Your going to need either a DSS00030 or a DSS00085 for IDOJ

You can try removing the simm from the board and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, or clean the contacts with acetone or some such cleaner. There is a outside chance there is a problem with the MM II sound board. This is the same sound board that's used in a S 2000

IDOJ simm isn't that hard to find !!!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
badbaud

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »

Thanks for the info.

I did confirm the sound board worked by putting our 85 SIMM into it and running it in our tailgate party.

Still searching for someone in LV that may have the SIMM I am looking for but the 3 shops I contacted said they don't have any.

One guy was pulling them out of boards, throwing them into a bag and selling the bag on EBAY, he's totally out also.

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:10 AM »

Thanks for the info.

One guy was pulling them out of boards, throwing them into a bag and selling the bag on EBAY, he's totally out also.

If his  sellers name is  MrJim I bought (50) 16 MEG PXL/Soind simms from him. (31) of them were DSV00042

CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 01:02:47 AM »

clean the contacts with acetone...

I've had my nails done more than once and they soak acrylic nails off with acetone...it literally softens, and eventually will melt, the acrylic (plastic) off your fingernails...

I might warn against touching the card itself with acetone...the contacts should be fine, but the green part, use caution...

badbaud

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:04:56 AM »

Thanks for the info.

If his  sellers name is  MrJim I bought (50) 16 MEG PXL/Soind simms from him. (31) of them were DSV00042

Yes him. And High Desert says they don't sell to individuals anymore or I would try them also.
badbaud

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:58 AM »

I've had my nails done more than once and they soak acrylic nails off with acetone...it literally softens, and eventually will melt, the acrylic (plastic) off your fingernails...

I might warn against touching the card itself with acetone...the contacts should be fine, but the green part, use caution...

PCB soldermask.
We use acetone to remove the gunk labels from old chips. Thanks to the meth heads I have to show my ID to buy it.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:14 AM »

Roz  I know what you mean, I'm very, very carefull not to get any on my nails. Can you believe the price of nails these days and boy do I get shafted. I only have nine fingernails but the gal makes me pay for a full set !!!! It's BS I think I deserve a 10% discount.  Oh and telling them I'm a NLG member don't get you S**T

badbaud

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 06:01:34 AM »

Get a quantity discount, have your toenails done also....  Smiley
CVslots

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:19 PM »

Roz  I know what you mean, I'm very, very carefull not to get any on my nails. Can you believe the price of nails these days and boy do I get shafted. I only have nine fingernails but the gal makes me pay for a full set !!!! It's BS I think I deserve a 10% discount.  Oh and telling them I'm a NLG member don't get you S**T

Buzz, I know you like to feel pretty, so its worth it to pay for 10 when you only have 9 hooves. Treat yourself to a pedi every once in awhile to really feel like a extra pretty Princess. BUT, I was actually being SERIOUS!!! frying pan frying pan  Maybe I'll grab a SIMM and try it...just to see if i can damage it!  I just don't want someone getting the wrong idea and soaking the edge in Acetone thinking it will clean the contacts!

How about alcohol? That doesn't clean them very well?

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 01:27:20 AM »

Roz  What gives you the idea that I wasn't "SERIOUS!!!"

OK here's my serious face, first off I wouldn't bet the farm on this but I don't think a simm is made with plastic. OK if it is plastic, all plastic isn't made equal. Example I have some Acetone stored in a Old plastic medicine (pill) bottle, the Acetone hasn't harmed the bottle. It's true some plastics Acetone will eat them up in a heart beat but I've seen no damage to a simm. Matter of fact I dip a Q tip into my pill bottle of Acetone and clean the simm contacts on one side, I then have to re-dip the Q tip because the Acetone has evaporated. Bottom line is the Acetone isn't on the simm long enough to do any damage.

I also use Acetone to get my fireplace started in the Winter time, but I do not recomend it, burned the hair off my arm a bunch of times. Rattled the windows a few times too.

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 01:35:52 AM »

I have used Acetone to initially clean the crap off of glass, washable strips, and other parts of my machines.  Great for cleaning off sticky tape residue.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
CVslots

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 08:00:15 PM »

Ok, just as long as we weren't giving the wrong idea to someone.....it takes about 15-20 minutes for it to soften an acrylic fingernail, so I approve of the Q-Tip method! thanks for clarifying Buzz!

P.S. This winter lean in a little closer when you're starting that fire with acetone and it will trim up those unruly eyebrows!!

Jason - I can't believe you use it on strips.....I only use GooGone or WD.

badbaud

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 10:44:45 PM »

I am still looking for the sound SIMM for the IDOJ video game. Can anyone step up and help me?
CVslots

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 02:56:09 AM »

Post a WTB in the classifieds....someone will set you up...

badbaud

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.