Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Low battery error on different type of 3902 board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low battery error on different type of 3902 board  (Read 4676 times)
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 65

« on: September 13, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »

I figure better to be safe (i.e. ask) than sorry.  The battery on my Texas Tea machine is low.  The 3902 board in this machine looks different from the rest of my machine boards.  This one has a much bigger top level and the battery seems to be located in the middle of the board rather than the far left.  Am I correct in assuming that its no big deal to change the battery on this type of board?  In other words, I simply need to remove the top level to completely access the round battery and then I need to solder a new one in its place.  I imagine the game will need to be reset after the battery change, so I take it my 22 chip will go in the spot where the horizontal base chip currently resides.  Thanks for your help!

* Copy of Texas Tea 3902 Board.jpg (1036.51 KB, 3100x2400 - viewed 463 times.)
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »

looks like a 044 board you,ll need key 28 replace battery if its a button type in a socket
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 06:17:13 PM »

Interesting.  I didn't think Texas Tea was an 044 game.  I was expecting a 3902 game.  A few weeks ago, I wondered if that was indeed an 044 board and sent a pic of it to the dealer that sold me the machine and his response was - "It's just an EPROM extender you don't have anything special."  I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but my takeaway was that I must have a 3902 board.

Does that response shed any new light on what I might have?  I was going to take the board over to Interstate Battery this afternoon to have them solder in a new one.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »

you got the best board going 044 is better than 3902 imo 
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »

Interesting.  I didn't think Texas Tea was an 044 game.  I was expecting a 3902 game.  A few weeks ago, I wondered if that was indeed an 044 board and sent a pic of it to the dealer that sold me the machine and his response was - "It's just an EPROM extender you don't have anything special."  I wasn't sure what he meant by that, but my takeaway was that I must have a 3902 board.

Does that response shed any new light on what I might have?  I was going to take the board over to Interstate Battery this afternoon to have them solder in a new one.

You have an 044 CPU with a Legacy Adapter Board to run the 3902 Software, very common in later 3902 games as IGT always makes a way to use older software in newer hardware.

You got a bonus by getting that CPU set up. To make into a true 044 theme, all you have to do is buy the Software (Flash Board)

Many games were shipped from IGT with the Enhanced 044 CPU set up while waiting for the newer software to be approved.

Your Texas Tea shows NJ jurisdiction and they take the longest to approve new software. A theme can be played out in NV but just being installed in NJ

The Battery you need to replace is not soldered in, it just slides in

The CORRECT Keychip for the set up pictured is KEY 40, however a KEY 28 would let you backdoor it if you select all 3 you can get into the Key Menu 1 time

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
mark1120
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »

Jim and Steve, thank you very much for the information.  I think I'm going to do as you suggest and swap it out for an 044 game like Gems Wild Tiles.  No sense in wasting this board on a Texas Tea when I can play that game in any of my other machines.  That CR 2354 is a hard battery to find.  Struck out at Walgreens, Osco, and Ace....so had to resort to ebay just now.  Thanks again!
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:30 PM »

Before you resort to eBay....we have them. If you buy it early enough tonight, I'll get it out in tomorrows mail via Priority and you should have it Tuesday.  yes 

http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/slot-machine-battery--qty-1--c12354.html

slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »

you can use any 3.6 volt or 3 volt that fits in holder if battery is too small a coin will work  till you get right one , but if you do not have right clear chip  , it still might not work
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 12:59:52 AM »

Mark, Batteries Plus carries all the batteries we use on the slots. They will even tac on the leads for you. Just got a 2354 the other day for myself.

Dan (tacman)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.