Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT i-Game 044 MPU Flashing Red Light No Boot No Video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT i-Game 044 MPU Flashing Red Light No Boot No Video  (Read 8408 times)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« on: September 14, 2013, 01:30:13 AM »

Howdy folks,

I have an IGT LXS 19" Slant Top i-Game configured with the 044 setup. On the 044 MPU Board all of the Green and Amber lights are solidly lit, but the Red light keeps slowly flashing and the machine is dead,  No Boot No Video. The lights and fans do come on fine, but the monitor does not come on, and there is no static feel if you touch the screen. It never boots up, and the bill validator never tests or enables.

I am guessing/suspecting that the MPU board has a problem bawling hissy fit bawling as I have tried several different flash game boards with the same problem. frying pan

Has anone ever had this problem and knows how to solve it??? Scratch Head

Before you ask, I do not have a spare 044 MPU Board available to try it in this machine.

Doing my research first in case it is an easy solution! Hopefully someone can help me get this machine going again. Help Otherwise I will have to get some parts...

It used to work perfectly, noone ever touched any of the boards or anything, they just turn it on and play.

Thanks!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Jimise
Don't pick it up by the candle!
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 75

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »

Have you checked the fuses on the backplane?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 01:45:01 AM »

No, but I will now that you asked... I didn't bother at first since everything seemed to be getting power, but now that I think of it the monitor may not be getting power? I also did not bother as I was probably too lazy to try to move everything out and get to them! LOL

CH CaptainHappy

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 01:57:03 AM »

Mark  I don't want to get rid of this board, but do you want for me to send it to you for testing ???  No hurry to get it back I don't even have a backplane for it.

* PICT0066.JPG (732.97 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 309 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 02:16:54 AM »

No, but I will now that you asked... I didn't bother at first since everything seemed to be getting power, but now that I think of it the monitor may not be getting power? I also did not bother as I was probably too lazy to try to move everything out and get to them! LOL

CH CaptainHappy

Jimise, Fuses are OK.... also in an awkward spot! HA HA!

Buzz, I was about to call you anyway so I will call. (Oh crap, now he knows not to answer!!!! Silly Me!

CH CaptainHappy

CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 02:28:51 AM »

CH CaptainHappy

Jimise, Fuses are OK.... also in an awkward spot! HA HA!

Buzz, I was about to call you anyway so I will call. (Oh crap, now he knows not to answer!!!! Silly Me!

CH CaptainHappy

Oh good lord, don't call him!! He needs his beauty sleep! Haven't you seen the guy?!?!!!!!!???!

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 02:41:38 AM »

Mark, if you do call him, call him something good for me.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 03:38:50 AM »

Cap, start by looking for the usual suspects. Bad connections, possible shorts, pull and reseat all chips and daughter boards and check battery(s)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 04:31:15 AM »

Jason   Roz

* th.jpg (1.32 KB, 47x38 - viewed 1429 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »

Howdy,

Just a friendly bump  Bump Bump Bump as it has been a few days... all of the normal stuff does nothing to help.

Hopefully new eyes can see this topic and lend some thoughts and answers about the diagnosis of the flashing red light??? Scratch Head Help

Thanks for the help and ideas thus far! Clap

Mirage_Chaser
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »

There are two places that could be the source of your flashing red light.

One is, is the flashing red light coming from the fiber connection because the stopper is missing? Or two is the flashing red light the last led and looks just like the other led's (except its red) and is right inline with the green and amber ones?

I am going to assume it is option two because I have the most to say about that. If that is blinking it usually indicates a short on the board or a improperly installed (like a bent pin or backwards) or incorrect chip (wrong boot chip or wrong key chip). Also you could look for bent pins on your flash board as that could cause it also.

Lastly yes it could just be a bad board...

If it was option one then that is totally normal and your problem is somewhere else as the fiber optic is suppose to send out a wake up bit to check for connected devices.

I want to win by winning... (J. Lemos)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 04:03:14 PM »

There are two places that could be the source of your flashing red light.

One is, is the flashing red light coming from the fiber connection because the stopper is missing? Or two is the flashing red light the last led and looks just like the other led's (except its red) and is right inline with the green and amber ones?

I am going to assume it is option two because I have the most to say about that. If that is blinking it usually indicates a short on the board or a improperly installed (like a bent pin or backwards) or incorrect chip (wrong boot chip or wrong key chip). Also you could look for bent pins on your flash board as that could cause it also.

Lastly yes it could just be a bad board...

If it was option one then that is totally normal and your problem is somewhere else as the fiber optic is suppose to send out a wake up bit to check for connected devices.

Thanks for the reply... You were correct in thinking that option two is the correct scenario! BAD BOARD!!! bawling hissy fit bawling muted
(Coincidentally option one would also be correct as there actually is a stopper missing and there is the red flash on the fiber port, but I knew what that port is for and that it is normal! LOL)

The machine was working fine and one day it just did not come up when someone went to turn it on, so it was not a result of being fiddled with.

I am positive now that it is a bad board as I was able to pull (in reality... actually brave enough to take the risk in the name of troubleshooting!) another 044 MPU board from a working machine and plug it into the suspect machine, and voila it started to boot... I had my answer.

Now I guess I need to get another MPU board for this machine, and my question gets much more technical... has anyone seen this type of bad board scenario and actually fixed their bad MPU??? Any pointers for potential easy fixes for these MPUs, such as try replacing the i960 processor, etc. Any insight on what goes wrong on these 044 MPU's? (Not the flash boards, as I know those are static sensitive for sure, I am wondering about the trouble shooting for the MPU that failed.)

It may not be worth much effort, but I am always up to try to learn a little more. Plus this would possibly be helpful to our members on NLG as these setups become more common for them. Always looking to expand our knowlede base here!

Regards,

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.