Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:14:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  New Guy; How do I get more games on my Game King 6.2?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Guy; How do I get more games on my Game King 6.2?  (Read 4148 times)
Arthur Dent
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: October 11, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »

Hello Group,
I recently bought, at a local estate auction here in Phoenix, an IGT Game King 6.2 Multi Game Round Top with a double row of switches.
It has an 044 board, GK000552 Game Kit Version, GKB00036 Boot Chip, no coin gear, and no printer. Uses a DBV bill validator.
Everything works great but, only 34 games are activated.
I bought an 028 Key Chip locally and went in and changed what I thought needed changing and it looked like 50+ games were activated out of about 70+ possible.
When the machine came back up it still only had 34 games activated, although I had changed some of the denominations.
I’ve been lurking here for a couple weeks reading old entries and have learned a lot but, I must be missing something.
Great site with tons of information.
I saw a you tube video with older software, I think 5.3 maybe, where picking a different denomination on the screen caused the available games displayed to change to different games. That’s what I’m trying to do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Glen
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »

Hi Glen!

6.2 is a little trickier in that you can only enable 6 denominations at a time.  And, you can only have 12 games per denomination.  But, there are 4 tabs ... Poker, Slots, Keno, and Blackjack.  So, each tab can have 6 denominations of 12 games.  That means you can enable as many as 50 games per tab.  Add to that the ability to make games progressive, change payout percentage and number of coins played and you end up with even more permutations.  So, the key is to make the most out of every combination so that you get as many games with as many features as possible.  I literally make an Excel spreadsheet of what I'm going to do before I sit down to configure the machine.  If you'd like, I will post that Excel spreadsheet when I get home tonight.  In the meantime, here are some ideas ...

Poker Tab
5 cent denom - choose all wild games (Deuces Wild, Jokers Wild, etc.), set the payout to one less than the highest and set the # of coins to 100.  That will give you twelve 100-coin poker games to play on the 5 cent denomination.

25 cent denom - choose all Aces games (ACE$ Bonus, Aces and Faces, etc.), set the payout to one less than the highest and again set the # of coins to 100.  That will give you twelve more 100-coin poker games to play on the 25 cent denomination.

50 cent denom - choose all the non-wild, non-ace games (Bonus Poker, Double Bonus Poker, Triple Double, etc.), set the payout to one less than the highest and again set the # of coins to 100.  That will give you twelve more 100-coin poker games to play on the 50 cent denomination.

$1 denom - choose all the Suited Royal and Reversible Royal pokers games, set to highest percentage and set to 5-coin play.  These will become your progressives.

$25 denom - choose 12 of your favorite 24 games, set to highest payout and set to 5-coin play.

$100 denom - choose the other 12 of your favorite 24 games, set to highest payout and set to 5-coin play.

Slots Tab
Repeat as above like poker.  Note that some slots are not available on $100 denom.

Keno tab
Repeat as above like poker.

Blackjack
It's only one game so do as you please.

Then, set your progressives up.

PLAN FOR AN HOUR OF SETUP.  Okay, yes, I'm nuts,  Crazy  but I love the variety in my Game Kings. yes

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=25388.msg196929#msg196929

:Dave  wave
Arthur Dent

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 01:14:45 AM »

Dave
Thanks a lot for the information. I would like to see your spreadsheet.
I didn't realize I could get so many different games set up at so many different denominations.
I'll probably try again next week and see what happens.
Thanks again.
I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but Karma to you.
Glen
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:26 AM »

Thanks Glen.  Spreadsheet attached.

After keying, when you setup denoms and games, I choose the option to group by poker.  Then, I pick the first game (Bonus Poker I think), choose 2nd highest payout, then touch 25 cent, then touch Max Bet and set it to 100 coin, then touch highest payout and touch $25 and set it to 5 coin.  So, in looking at any given poker game, you will set it for at least one denom, possibly two if it's one of your favorites.  The Suited/Reversible RFs will only be set on the $1 or $2, depending on what denom you want progressive.  My point here is that you're really only choosing a couple of denoms for every game to ensure that every game gets a denom.

Hope this helps!

:Dave

* Book1.zip (10.42 KB - downloaded 153 times.)
Arthur Dent

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »

Dave
Thanks again. I'll look this over and try again.

Glen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.