Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 09:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT 4400 with meter disconnect error
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT 4400 with meter disconnect error  (Read 7123 times)
pitboss2245
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: October 29, 2013, 12:15:54 PM »

I'm looking for help after completing a ram clear (key chip 28) for an 4400 IGT.  After ram clearing and setting the options I get the "CALL ATTENDANT" screen - stating METER DISCONNECT and CHECK ALL OPTIONS message.

I didn't have a meter issue prior to the ram clear.....any one have a solution?

Thanks guys!
pitboss2245 - Florida
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 01:05:47 PM »

The machine has an 044 board, correct?

Found an older post with some info concerning the "meter disconnect" error....it turned out to be a failing power supply, but I found the following info useful as well.

"The meter disconnect signal is an input to the IO card, and the IO card combines that with several other inputs and puts them out to the motherboard on the SENET bus.  In other words, there isn't a separate signal for the meter disconnect that goes directly through the IO card to the mother board and onto the MPU board.  There are two pins on P110 that need to be jumpered either via being connected to the meter board, or if no meters are installed, a jumper.  If neither one is present the IO card will report to the MPU that the meters are disconnected via the SENET bus."

Since the game was working prior to clear, I would like to think it was something easy, like something came unplugged or loose, but I know that's not likely.

Lets hope someone chimes in and gives some guidance.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:19:32 PM by CVslots » Logged

pitboss2245

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 01:08:05 PM »

Yes sir - 044 board
CVslots

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 01:20:49 PM »

I added to my post, thought I could do it before you got back to the thread but you caught me!

pitboss2245

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 03:18:29 PM »

Ok - I have the GK 044 board in front of me - but can not for the life of me find anything on either board that looks like P110?  Maybe that is on the motherboard?
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 11:40:53 AM »

P110 refers to plug that connects to the meter board.
I would check the 044 main connectors for any bent pins - Also check that its firmly seated in the backplane.
Also check Your IO cards.
CVslots

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 06:29:53 PM »

Looks like we just had a Member (montech) with the same issue. He discovered it to be the power supply. Since this is the same remedy as the earlier thread I found, I would advise you two check your power supply!

montech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 30

How long is a short?

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »

Mine was just a meter disconnect. But I have this if this helps.
􀂾 The Phase I submissions will require a clear and key chip update in order to work with the new 044-board. The new key and clear chips are backward compatible and will work with both new and old legacy themes. The programs listed below are conditional pending jurisdictional approval.
• KEY00017 is replaced by KEY00037 (non WAP keychip)
• KEY00018 is replaced by KEY00038 (WAP keychip)
• KEY00021 is replaced by KEY00039 (MD3 WAP keychip & memory clear)
• KEY00022 is replaced by KEY00040 (MD3 non WAP keychip & memory clear)
• KEY00023 is replaced by KEY00041 (MD3 exclusive MGM/Mirage)
• KEY00025 is replaced by KEY00042 (MD3 WAP keychip New Jersey)
• KEY00026 is replaced by KEY00043 (MD3 non WAP keychip New Jersey)
• CSV00082 is replaced by CSV00083 (RAM and E2 clear chip New Jersey)
• CSV00055 is replaced by CSV00086 (RAM only clear chip)
• CSV00056 is replaced by CSV00087 (RAM and E2 clear chip)
􀂾 Phase II submissions will require an all in one clear and key chip (except for New Jersey) to work with the new 044-board. This new key and clear chip is not backward compatible and will only work with the new 044 enhanced memory themes. The programs listed below are conditional pending jurisdictional approval.
• KEY00028 (MD3 non-WAP keychip & memory clear)
• KEY00029 (MD3 WAP keychip & memory clear)
• KEY00030 (NJ MD3 non-WAP keychip only)
• KEY00033 (NJ MD3 WAP keychip only)
• CSV00084 (NJ MD3 WAP & non-WAP clear chip only)
􀂾 How to use the KEY00028 program:
1. Replace boot PROM with KEY00028 and power up machine.
2. Initial menu for selections are shown for RAM OPERATIONS, EEPROM OPERATIONS, and KEYCHIP (see Figure A). Note: This keychip uses the touchscreen in place of the attendant key and test switch.
3. The user can expand or collapse the selections that have a "+" on the left side of the menu item (see Figure B) by touching the menu item.
4. If "CLEAR ALL RAM" is selected, the user is prompted with a yes/no window to confirm the selection (see Figure C).
5. If "CLEAR MOTHERBOARD E2" is selected, the user is prompted with a yes/no window to confirm the selection (see Figure D).
6. If “KEYCHIP” is selected, the user is prompted with a yes/no window to confirm the selection (see Figure E).
Note: It is important to understand that the options in KEY00028 are processed when they are confirmed. Keychips with the “REBOOT MACHINE” option will apply the selected items in the correct order. If KEY00028 is used, clearing of RAM and E2 should be done before setting the keychip flag.

This may explain why it isn't going into keychip menu at startup

There ya go again...trying to find a simple answer to a complex problem...all you techs are the same!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.