Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 09:28:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Problem with GK error message
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problem with GK error message  (Read 5879 times)
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 18, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »

I was given a old GK last week and got it up and running pretty good.This is a paper in paper out machine with no coin equip at all. The machine had $35.00 in credits showing and i played it about 1 hour with no problem.Before shutting it down i cashed out and printer spit out a blank ticket and Coin Out Jam popped up.Have no JP Key for it so shorted wires on key switch with no help. Am stuck with this and hope someone has an answer.Thanks
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »

I've seen Coin Out jams on GKs when the machine is still set up for coin equipment (although it has physically been removed). You will need to get into the menu and check the settings to see how it is set up. You will most likely, well, sometime in the future you will anyway, need a Key chip (and you might as well order a Clear to go with it). The JP reset key is just that, it will not "fix" or "reset" anything at all. Its purpose is to key off large handpay JPs.

Meanwhile,I would suggest you order a Key Chip, Clear Chip, and JP Reset Key to have on hand. But first you need to determine what processor board you have (I'm guessing 3902, but don't want to assume, you know where that goes!). If you could post a couple pics of your machine, one of the outside with machine turned on, and one with the door open so we can see inside the cabinet. We may have you go into the menu by pushing the tiny button on the MPU, but lets get your game ID'd first so we don't confuse things.

grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »

It is a 3902 board I have a 22 chip.  This was playing good right up untill i tried to print ticket.Here are the pics.

* slot repair 004.jpg (47.81 KB, 600x450 - viewed 261 times.)
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:38:31 PM »

another

* slot repair 009.jpg (60.04 KB, 600x450 - viewed 257 times.)
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:46 PM »

last one

* slot repair 003.jpg (52.37 KB, 600x450 - viewed 225 times.)
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

Just closed door and received a new message

* slot repair.jpg (53.07 KB, 600x450 - viewed 227 times.)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:35:28 PM »

I think I'd try pressing the White Reset button located on the left-side of the MPU tray underneath the IO board, which is right underneath the monitor.  This will get you into the setup menus.  Then, navigate through the Setup menu until you find cashout devices and disable the hopper.

My failing memory tells me though you can't do that until you key the machine.  You can use key 22 and see if you get can into Key mode only.  Do NOT clear the ram or eeprom or you will have to setup the machine all over again.  That can take a long time depending on the options.

However, if you can just "key" the machine only, then you can navigate through setup and disable the hopper.  I can send screen shots when I get home tonight if someone else hasn't chimed in by them.

:Dave
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »

I got into set up menu and hopper shows as hopper enabled and printer disabled.Cannot change either one as they are grayed out. Printer was being used the day i picked this up.I don"t understand how this got that way.
CVslots

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 07:07:48 PM »

Did you use the Key chip or was this by just pressing the white button? The Key chip will allow you the access to change certain settings.

How it got that way? Sometimes machines will play just fine for quite awhile before throwing the error (after coin handling equipment is removed). We had one that we had set up for 6-8 months, then the error popped up one day. For all I know, we never attempted to cash it out before, as its rarely needed in the home setting anyway (well, I shouldn't say that, but we never Cashout our machines, just keep playing them).

Lets hope you can change the Cashout device settings just with your Key chip, and without a Clear. Clearing and setting up a GK can be, well...tedious....4 Deuces has a lot of info for GKs, so he can def get you through it if need be, as well as many others here, but it can be a pain.

grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 07:24:43 PM »

Thanks to all for the replys.I was hoping to not have to use chip as the last time i tried it i screwed the board up something terrible.I had to send it to the person i purchased it from and he told me i had messed it up pretty good. I down loaded instructions and followed them but there was nothing in them that mentioned that if you stop to think for more than 60 seconds you will have to start over from step one again i guess thats when i messed up.
CVslots

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 07:47:09 PM »

Don't feel bad. We've all done it as well on a new platform. It helps to go through the menus and write down all of the settings before you start, or take screen shot pics that you can refer back to and read. A Key chip will not erase your current settings like a Clear does. A Clear starts from scratch, a Key chip just allows access to settings as they are set already.

The answer we need is wether or not a Key chip will allow you to change your device settings, or if a clear is required. We don't have a GK set up right now or I would be more  Help   

grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:42 PM »

If i could find set of instructions that i could really follow i would give it a try. The instrutions i have now lokks to open everything if i read it right.Please i try not to be a pain in the butt but i am having a heck of a time remembering things the last couple of months. Am 71 and going for a Alzheimers screening next week. Thanks again
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »

I think the reason no one has posted step-by-step instructions is because the setup screens vary just enough for each game set.  So, how you do it on a 4.3 is different from 5.1 which is different from 6.2.  They're similar, but just different enough to make "standard" instructions a challenge.

Roz is right ... using the White Test button, you can view a variety of settings, take a picture of them, and then write down everything to change because as you stated, you're on a time limit.  Just take pictures of all of the Setup commands.  You don't have to worry about any of the other tabs.  That's why it's a lot of work, but once you do it one time, it gets a little easier (okay, maybe not).

:Dave
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »

I may just try to create instructions this weekend ... sounds like a fun challenge Crazy

(wow!  I need to get a life). Duh! Tongue Out
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 09:47:29 PM »

Thanks guys I don't fell half as lost now.ED
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »

ED When I sent you that game and everything went to crap, didn't you keep the Key 22 chip ?? I know you sent the game back but I don't remember if the key chip was with it.  A key 22 is a clear and key all in one.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »

I believe i mentioned that after trying several times i broke one of the pins on the chip.Did not think it was any good after that.ED
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.