Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:22:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Need some help with 3902 board
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some help with 3902 board  (Read 2890 times)
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:30 PM »

I have a Game King that was given to me and has a problem.The machine is set up for paper in and out no coin equipment of any kind.
There were credits on machine when i received it and iplayed it with no problems.When i tried to cash out printer started then received error coin jam call atendant. I  pushed white button and found that Hopper was enabled and printer was disabled which is backwards. I guess this menu will not allow you to change settings without key chip as both choices are grayed out.  I was told you could not use key chip with credits on the machine and you cannot get rid of credits without doing a complete setup of board. The last time i attempted that i corrupted board completly and had to send it to vendor who set it up in the first place. I would like to find a tech here on the forum who would accept my board and set it up for a fee. Thanks

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »

Ed send me the board and I will fix it up for you at no charge, but be advised you are going to have to change a (8) legged chip that is located on the mother board. I may be wrong but that's the only way I can be sure if I key a board in one machine and install it in a different machine.

Or I can send you another clear/key chip and you can learn from this forum how to do it yourself.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »

Will need your address to ship to.Be advised this is a multi denom machine and board works as it should.I just do not want to screw up another one.I have a 22 chip but tried to get into machine options but it would not let me because of credits.I did not want to try setting up the whole board because of what happened last time i tried. Thank you very much .I have been dia.
with 1st stage Alzheimers and will have to get along with that.At least i made it to 71 before it started. Ed Parsons
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 10:20:04 PM »

Ed  I'll PM  you my address.   But this is going to get kind of difficult. the game you have in the machine may have up to (60) games on the chip but only (12) can be programed to play. So what I'm going to need is a list of your favorite games and the denomation you prefer to play them at.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 10:24:14 PM »

You're right Buzz.  Both the board and EEPROM on the backplane should be setup and installed together.  Otherwise, you'd have to modify the 3902 board to bypass the EEPROM (read somewhere it can be done, but don't know how).

Ed - the eeprom is located behind the board in the back of the machine.  When you pull out the board, you will see another board against the back of the machine.  On it, top-center, is a little tiny 8-legged chip about the size of a pencil eraser.  That should come out relatively easy with a gentle pull.  Include that with your board when you return it.

I'd also be happy to help configure it as well.  Buzz - let me know if you'd like me to set it up.

:Dave
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 10:43:10 PM »

The program has 31 different games  and i understood that 12 could be set per denomination.I will include the little chip from back pane.Denominations .10,.25,.50,1.00 max percentage payout When i received machine all games could be played and denominations were set from .05 to $25.00 don't have a clue why
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 12:29:01 AM »

Kudos to Buzz and 4 Deuces for offering your help on this one! I knew you guys would help!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.