Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  An interesting Game King accounting glitch
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An interesting Game King accounting glitch  (Read 3873 times)
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: January 08, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »

When I crossed $10 million on this machine I saw the same glitch as the picture below. You can clearly see in this picture that the total played $ value should read $20 million but the first zero on the left in the "total played" is missing so it reads 2 million. When I went over 10 million the same thing happened until I hit $11 mill. and then it went back to normal and shows the missing zero. The hold % values always remain correct.
I'm feeling particularly chatty tonight and was also wondering if anyone else has noticed this before.  Scratch Head

az_flag
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:47:09 AM »

Here is another accounting screen. This is the "machine master accounting" versus one page of the Game accounting I showed above. Notice the total played at the top shows 2 million but should read 20 million and has the first zero dropped off, yet the machine hold % is correct.

az_flag
TheAirBalancer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:44:26 AM »

This is the same screen as shown above just a short time later when it has crossed the $21 million mark and now displays this correctly on "total played" at the top.

az_flag
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:53:13 AM »

Interesting finds, however, typical home user/owner would never even approach these limits. Maybe why no one has ever really given it much consideration.  yes

Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »

A pixelated screen normally indicates that the software hasn't booted properly.  Since you didn't have any software installed on the board, that's what I'd expect you'd see.  Attached is a diagram that shows you where the simms and EPROMs go.  Your PXLF simm can go into any one of the three pixel simm slots. 

Did you know there's a legacy adapter board for the 044 MPU that allows you to use the older 3902 simms on it? Much easier to use that then to swap out the motherboard.

* 3902 board diagram.JPG (87.48 KB, 707x626 - viewed 344 times.)
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »

Yes, very interesting find.  I've got an idea ... send me $10M and I'll see if I can replicate your issue. bust gut laughing

:Dave wave
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.