Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Need help with IGT I+ Bill validator problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with IGT I+ Bill validator problems  (Read 5167 times)
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« on: February 06, 2014, 08:06:56 PM »

I have two IGT, what I believe to be I+ upright machines, a Kenny Rogers game and a Hexbreaker game. The bill validator on the Kenny Rogers was working fine......until I messed with it. I recently got the Hexbreaker machine, and have had problems with the bill acceptor since I got it. It comes up with a Bill Validator Error message or, at the moment....Bill Validator COMM FAILURE. At times, I would put the cash can in and it would clear the error. When the machine would accept the bills and I would shut it down and the next time I would power it up.....the error would return. Now I have the Bill Validator COMM Failure. So......dummy me....I decided to take that the bill acceptor assembly and try it in my Kenny Rogers machine to try to see if it was the problem and maybe it would work in that machine. That was not the thing to do, as I soon found out. The Kenny Rogers machine which was working fine, came up with Bill Validator CRC MISMATCH. so, I put what was, the good working bill acceptor back in the Kenny Rogers machine and now....it also has the Bill Validator CRC MISMATCH error. What did I screw up, and how can I get both machines to accept bills? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks. Also..... what is a CRC Mismatch.....and is COMM Failure....communication failure?

New update on my problems..... I have the two machine powered up and the Kenny Rogers machine that had the Bill Validator CRC Mismatch error message somehow, on it's own, corrected itself and is now showing no errors and is accepting bills again. So....I still need help with the Bill Validator COMM Failure on the Hexbreaker machine. Anyone???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:04:45 PM by ucanwin » Logged
grumpy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:52:41 PM »

I had the same problem when i changed bill acceptor on my GK.I found that if you go into menu using small white button with no credits i was able to reset the ccr or crc what ever it is.Worked like a dream.I guess the bill acceptor sets up its own little program and does not like to be moved to another machine.If you have trouble getting into setup i may be able to help.I am using a 3902 board.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:49:46 PM by grumpy » Logged
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »

Jerry No big deal switching BV from one machine to another, 9 times out of 10 you will not get the CRC error.This time you did and now your going to learn something so the day isn't going to be lost

Open the main door and press the test button on the MPU, screen will change, touch set up, touch machine options, touch Peripheral Device Set up.  Your top left the center tab is Cal BV CRC touch that tab, the machine will do it's thing and your done, close door and test with a bill. For what it's worth this can be done with credits on the machine. Now not all I Game soft ware will have Peripheral Device Set up. ( I looked at my Kenny Rogers and it did ) If you don't see that in Machine options just touch each and every tab until you see something about CRC. Trust me you will do NO harm in anyway by touching all these tabs and looking around, matter of fact I recommend everyone takes a look and see what they have.

Ed To ans, your question you sent in a PM,  If your talking about the board I set up for you, all the games are already set for Max pay, If were talking about a different board, your going to have to use your Key  chip. In Key menu go into Machine Options, touch Game Selection, a page will come up with a whole lot of Red tabs and one Yellow tab. If the Yellow is at the top the machine is already set for Max pay out, if the Yellow is down a ways, touch the Yellow and it will change to Red, now touch the top Red tab and it will turn Yellow, touch Save and close the door your done.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
ucanwin
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

Interested in trade stimulators and slots

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 11:46:44 AM »

Thanks, Buzz and Grumpy, It seems to have solved my problem. I also was able to get my game percentages changed. The machine was set to rip anybody that played it. All three denominations were set as low as possible. The game wasn't much fun to play as it was.
 Clap applause Clap
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.