Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  What exacly does clearing ROM + Eeprom do on IGT Game King?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What exacly does clearing ROM + Eeprom do on IGT Game King?  (Read 4086 times)
matt411
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: February 07, 2014, 11:37:19 AM »

Hey all,

New to the forums. Just got an IGT Game King 6.2 machine, upright. New LCD installed. I am familiar with some electronics since I've been tinkering with arcade games and such for a long time. With my Game King 6.2 machine came a Key Chip 28. I know how to insert + configure games and whatnot, my question is, however, what exactly does the "clear rom" and "clear eeprom" options do in the keychip menu?

I was reading another post where a guy cleared his EEprom and lost his validation license or something... could that happen if I do the same? Also, clearing the ROM, does it clear off any errors and/or make the games run smoother as if clearing memory on a PC? Just some clarification on what these options actually do to the game would be great.

Thanks all!
rslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

I can fix it!

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:18:23 AM »

Clearing ROM clears the volatile RAM on the MPU board which is maintained by a battery.  This is where current game play information is kept such as credits , and other current status (like errors). Sometimes an error can become difficult to clear requiring a RAM clear to recover. Clearing the EEPROM clears the EEPROM on the motherboard which is where machine set up information such as denomination, game selection, etc are stored. I have never heard of any detrimental outcome from clearing the EEPROM.

Jim
harp
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 46

Always on the road

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:16 AM »

Flash Board with International Software will most probably be Licensed Software
Eprom software will not be Licensed

Domestic (USA) cried foul when IGT tried to introduce License Software, this was where the game would generate a Hex Dec request code, you have to contact IGT to receive the Hex Dec response

Once you inserted the Hex Dec code it would be stored in E2 you can perform a RAM Clear and Key-Chip function, but if you cleared E2 again then the game would come up as an Unlicensed Game and a new Hex Dec code would be generated

Harp

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.