Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 01:31:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  IGT GU4 clearchip - which one?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT GU4 clearchip - which one?  (Read 5113 times)
JOC469
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »

I'm still trying to get my head around the terminology, but I think I have two IGT GU4 gaming machines.

River of Riches; and

Major Money & the Outback Adventure

Machines are the same, although one says it is an IGT Spectrum and the other is an IGT Monarch. How should I refer to these - what should I call them?

I'm after a clearchip for them, as I had a ram corruption problem a while back and managed to 'lose' the settings for the credits per line buttons - they have reverted back to the defaults I am guessing. I also lost the use of the bill validator then too.

I've managed to replace the internal reset button which was part of my problem last time and put new batteries in the machines. I've just had a coin diverter solenoid pack it in which I've replaced. I'm in the process of changing the wedge globes to LEDs and replacing a few broken lorenzo switch covers.

I'm having trouble working out what the globe size is in the double up/take win/collect/reserve buttons. Globe on the right is a 14V T10. Pic is below.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.
hoppy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 7

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:22:32 AM »

Hi with NZ machines some machines have a stand alone shell chip. On this machine to clear memory Turn the machine on . press the red reset button on front of tray. I think the  display says flash id bad and it should reload the ram. next turn the machine off. Pull the tray forward approx 2 inches to break the  the switch on the board. Replace the board and turn the machine on. one of the 4 buttons on the right hand side of he machin illuminates and when pressed it opens up the proramming screen where values can be set. ( you may need to put a different game flash card in it to upset the RAM program) (I am not sure if removing the flash card at start up wiill cause the RAM to corrupt so that a new program can be uploaded)
On machines that do not have a standalone shell chip a computer program and protocol have to be used.
Labrat
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »

I find it easy to just remove the large square game chip then power the machine up and it asks if you wish to clear ram. Hit corresponding button then before machine try's to oot up again replace chip turn on and set machine. I have oth those machines sitting in my workshop so if you have any probs which you won't as there are bullet proof , just give me a yell.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.