Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Wild Cherry IGT S+ Reels "vibrating"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wild Cherry IGT S+ Reels "vibrating"  (Read 7269 times)
dieselburner
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:36:44 AM »

I have a problem with my slot. The reels started vibrating in between plays last night until I started getting random 41, 42, and 43 errors. I have reseated all of the reels and the main board with no joy. The machine went from fully funtional to not playable in seconds. All of the wheels are vibrating (shaking up and down) to the point that they are setting the reel tilt codes. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 01:15:50 AM »

I have a problem with my slot. The reels started vibrating in between plays last night until I started getting random 41, 42, and 43 errors. I have reseated all of the reels and the main board with no joy. The machine went from fully funtional to not playable in seconds. All of the wheels are vibrating (shaking up and down) to the point that they are setting the reel tilt codes. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve

Steve I don't think I've ever heard of this one.  It has to be electrical, three reels are not going to go out at the same time. You reseated the MPU so I would look and see if a coin got under the mother board. (I'm assuming your MPU is mounted to the rear of the machine.) If I had a hacksaw blade handy I would run it under the mother board and see what I could find. OF COURSE do this with the power OFF. If you want to do a really good job, remove the MPU and 3 screws hold the mother board in place. The reels get their power from the mother board, It's a 40 pin plug located at J7 Looking at the mother board it's the left hand plug closest to you. BLACK  Try reseating it. Let us know if any of this works. good luck

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:42:14 AM »

Motherboard power harness?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 02:57:20 AM »

Hard to read the schematic print, but it looks like the stepper motor voltage (Vs) is generated on the MPU. Could be a bad cap which can cause a stepper motor to not hold it's lock. It almost has to be something common to all of the steppers and if the rest of the game is working, it would indicate something in the stepper voltage circuit. The steppers each have their own driver, so it's doubtful all of the drivers went bad.

* stepper voltage.jpg (57.65 KB, 625x406 - viewed 193 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:41:39 AM »

Motherboard power harness?

Kevin you might be onto something, easy enough to check.  But nothing is ever that easy on one of my machines.

dieselburner  Before you start messing with the mother board, check the power cable going to the mother board. I marked where it goes in Red in the pic. it's a short one with a plug on each end. look at the back side and see if it has a brown hot spot on the plug. If it does this could be your problem. Take something small and tweak on the connectors to get a a better electrical connection. This cable is a known problem with a S+. Let us know if it helps.

Bill I'm old !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CRS

* PICT0312.sm.jpg (155.16 KB, 800x600 - viewed 194 times.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:48:10 AM by Buzz » Logged

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 03:45:50 AM »

I marked where it goes in Red in the pic.

Now all you need is the picture, Buzz!  arrow Crazy Tongue Out Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
dieselburner
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

Thanks for all of the help. I will let you know what I find out! The place I bought the machine from is sending me a "clear" chip to try out also.
poppo

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:42 PM »

Thanks for all of the help. I will let you know what I find out! The place I bought the machine from is sending me a "clear" chip to try out also.

Keep in mind if you use the clear chip (which I seriously doubt will fix the problem) you will need a set chip to turn the BV back on if you have one.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »

Steve I've read on this site at least 50 times, if you own a clear chip for a S+ Hide it where you can't find it. ( Wife's purse and it will never be found ) Do not use it !!!!!!! no no  But you will need a set chip.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »

Whoever is sending you a "Clear" chip does not know what is wrong with your machine.
They should be sending you a new MPU instead.
Ask them if they'd send you one.
poppo

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 06:59:30 PM »

There is nothing inherently wrong with using a clear chip. It won't hurt anything. The problem is most of the time people use it to try and fix problems that it won't, and often don't have a set chip to turn things back on.

I'm still thinking it's the MPU. It's possible the power connector could have issues, but I would think the machine would be doing other weird things since the same 24Vac coming in on that connector is used to power the rest of the MPU.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »

Please, please check the power connector discussed earlier before messing around with the clear chip.

There is nothing inherently wrong with using a clear chip. It won't hurt anything.

It won't "harm" the machine, but as you mentioned, people generally use it to try and fix problems that the clear chip won't fix, and in the process they disable their bill validator and blast away all of their previous settings (reel spin music, bills to credit, etc.), and have to dick around for another hour to get their settings back to where they were.  ...and then they still have the original problem, because the clear chip wasn't the right fix for the issue.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
dieselburner
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 04:37:02 PM »

Since the machine is still under warranty, I need to do what they tell me but I will discuss with them the concerns you guys have mentioned.I do have a bill validator so that for sure will need to be fixed. I pulled the hopper out and took another look at the power plug and there is a slight discoloration of the plastic on the plug. All of the pins look shiny though. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I will let you all know what happens.
dieselburner
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:47 PM »

UPDATE:

The machine is finally fixed. After going through all of the possible scenarios, I finally received a new pare of circuit boards yesterday. I installed them to the machine and all is well again. Wanted to close the loop so that if anyone else runs across this problem in a search they can fix it quickly, hopefully. The boards that were replaced were the small board on the bottom of the machine in the back and the large board that stand vertically and plugs in to the small board. Thanks for all of your help, those were probably the same boards that you all were urging that I replace to begin with but I had to go this route since the unit was under warranty.
 I am thinking about getting another couple of machines so if anyone can point me towards a reputable vendor(s) I would appreciate it.
Steve
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »

UPDATE:

I am thinking about getting another couple of machines so if anyone can point me towards a reputable vendor(s) I would appreciate it.
Steve

Glad you got it working  Clap Clap  You didn't fill out in your profile where your located so it's pretty hard to recomend a vendor for a machine.

poppo

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:04 PM »

The boards that were replaced were the small board on the bottom of the machine in the back and the large board that stand vertically and plugs in to the small board. Thanks for all of your help, those were probably the same boards that you all were urging that I replace to begin with but I had to go this route since the unit was under warranty.

Good to hear. It would have been nice to know which one actually fixed it though.
dieselburner
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 12:13:41 AM »

No way of knowing that. They replaced both boards..../ I am in CA for info on vendors or other people that have slots for sale . Thanks
poppo

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 12:17:16 AM »

No way of knowing that. They replaced both boards..../ I am in CA for info on vendors or other people that have slots for sale . Thanks

Oh, they did the work? I thought they just may have sent you the parts. Did someone come out, or did the machine have to get sent in?
dieselburner
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 01:17:41 AM »

I put in the boards. It only took about 5 minutes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.