Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  FIXED...DBV 200 IGT Slant Top issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIXED...DBV 200 IGT Slant Top issues.  (Read 40129 times)
motom67
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »

Do I need to insert the set chip again and then use the option 8_1?  I used the set chip for the bv a few days ago when I first put everything together. 
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2011, 08:43:02 PM »

Do I need to insert the set chip again and then use the option 8_1?  I used the set chip for the bv a few days ago when I first put everything together.  

No. You do it through the self test. 0 in coins played 8_x in win meter. Spin button to change to 8_1

Typically you press the self test button 3 times and you should have a 0 in the coins played, and 5_x in win meter. Then turn the reset key until you get 8_x in the win meter. After changing it to 8_1, press the self test button a few times and close the door.

Note: 'x' may vary depending on your curent setting and will be a number.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:50:49 PM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »

Okay.  Done.  I tried leaving the cashout option on then entered a dollar.  No luck.  Then I tried leaving the cashout option off then entered a dollar.  No luck.  I guess I'm going to have to wait for another option. 
poppo

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »

Okay.  Done.  I tried leaving the cashout option on then entered a dollar.  No luck.  Then I tried leaving the cashout option off then entered a dollar.  No luck.  I guess I'm going to have to wait for another option.  

Did it let you change that option to 8_1? Go back in and see if it is still set that way. That is the bill to credit option. One PSR with a close number to yours says DIP switch 4 needs to be off on the MPU:

Bill Acceptor
Pay Mode <0> [8] This option can be changed only if DIP switch 4 is off. Changes to this option are ignored when the credit type is noncredit. The options are to pay coins from the hopper (2), to convert bills to credits (1), or to follow the player-initiated credit (0). If set to follow the player initiated credit, bills are converted to credits if the player has selected the credit mode, or paid from the hopper if the player has selected the noncredit mode.

When you pressed that self test button 3 times, and got 5_x, set it to 5_0 to put it in credit mode only. Again, make sure you are doing this with no credits on the machine.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »

There are no credits.  I think DIP 4 is on.  Let me try that real quick.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »

DIP 4 must be off.  I've attached the PSR for your game to this post.

* SP932.doc (151 KB - downloaded 187 times.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:18 PM »

I set it to 5_0.  The 8_1 was still there.  DIP 4 is off.  The money is being turned into coins still.  This 5_0 did fix something I wanted to fix.  This option made my winning credits appear as credits instead of paying me from hopper.  B4 I would have to push cashout button before I put money in to keep the credits coming.  Then after a minute of no play and no credits the button light would go off and then I'd be paid in coins again.  Thanks for that fix.  The money is still turning into coins.   
poppo

« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »

DIP 4 is off.     

Was it already off? If so, just for giggles, flip it the other way. I have a few boards where the switches look opposite than what they are set to. In other words the switches look like they are on when they are actually off. And just to clarify, this is on the MPU not the BV unit.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »

MPU DIP 4 was on.  I turned it off.  DIP 1,2,3 are on.  The rest are off.  BV:  I haven't touched.  I think all are off.  I just tried several settings 8_1, 8_0, 5_0, 5_1, 5_2.  I try a bill with Cashout on.  I try a bill with Cashout off.  Nothing seems to do the trick.  I've read over the SP2932 pages and can't seem to get it right.  Everything else is working beautifully. 
poppo

« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »

Ok, a shot in the dark. Use the self test to verify the dip switch settings Page 6 of the PSR. Just to make sure you don't have a bad switch.

DIP Switch Configuration Display

If that is good, then go back one more time and check 8_1.

If that doesn't do it, I'm Scratch Head

motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »

MPU DIP 4 was on.  I turned it off.  DIP 1,2,3 are on.  The rest are off.  BV:  I haven't touched.  I think all are off.  I just tried several settings 8_1, 8_0, 5_0, 5_1, 5_2.  I try a bill with Cashout on.  I try a bill with Cashout off.  Nothing seems to do the trick.  I've read over the SP2932 pages and can't seem to get it right.  Everything else is working beautifully. 

I lied DIP 1234 are now off.... I made the mistake of saying they are on.  8_1 is activated. I'm not positive if I'm seeing the DIP switch config Display.  These slant tops seem to have the windows mixed up.  ie. Credits appear where the winner paid window is and vice versa.
To be clear I open up the machine, drop the display window down and use the white button for self test mode.  Then to make changes I use the bet one, spin reels, and max bet buttons to navigate back and forth and the move through self test mode.  I also use the white button to progress through the self test.  When I make changes I double check that they are correct by exiting out of self test and then reentering and see if the changes have been made.  The changes usually are made. 
poppo

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2011, 11:53:28 PM »

Ok, to be clear, have you tried DIP switch 4 in both positions? That is why I wanted to use the self test to see what the MPU says they are set at.

If you are unsure about which window is displaying what, you can look at the DIP switch display and note what it says. Then flip MPU switch #8 since it is not used. Then go and look at the DIP switch display again and see which digit has changed. Now knowing that, you can be sure of what #4 is being read as since it will be the last digit in the oposite window.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2011, 12:19:49 AM »

So I tried the 4DIP on and off in these settings.  I changed the 8DIP and if I'm reading the display's right they are all (1) On.  Which doesn't make sense.  I don't think I'm in the right self test to see the DIP settings.  This display doesn't correspond with what documents say.  

I'm going to my other machine to see if I can get some info from it.
poppo

« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2011, 12:23:05 AM »

if I'm reading the display's right they are all (1) On.  Which doesn't make sense.  

Unless the switches are bad. Or as you said, you are reading something wrong.

Ok, press the self test button 3 times. You should have 0 on the coins paid and 5_x on one of the dispays. Turn the reset key until you get 34_x, then again you will get 39_x, then again you will get 50_x (this is the order shown in the PSR). Then one more turn will give you the dip switch settings. The displays will read something like 1110 1000
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:30:43 AM by poppo » Logged
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »

Holy COW.  I did that.  I got 1111 on the top line.  0000 on the bottom line.  That means DIP 1,2,3,4 are all on and 5,6,7,8 are off..?  Let me flip the Dip 4 and the Dip 8 now. 
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:54 AM »

Now its 1,1,1,0 on the top line and 0,0,0,1 on the bottom line.  Which means to me that DIP 1,2,3 are on, DIP 4 is off, DIP 5,6,7 is off, and DIP 8 is off..?
poppo

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »

Now its 1,1,1,0 on the top line and 0,0,0,1 on the bottom line.  Which means to me that DIP 1,2,3 are on, DIP 4 is off, DIP 5,6,7 is off, and DIP 8 is off..?

Well, it should. But I would have only flipped # 8 so you would have known for sure which display was showing 1-4 and which 5-8 and known for sure which way the switch needs to be for on and off. As I mentioned earlier, some look backward.

But yes, either way, it is indicating the switches are flipping.

Now if it still does not work, go back and do do these steps again.

Press the self test button 3 times. You should have 0 on the coins paid and 5_x on one of the displays. Turn the reset key and you should get 6_x, next turn will give you 7_x, and then the next one 8_x which is the one you want to change to 8_1 in case you were in the wrong place.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2011, 12:58:23 AM »

Clap applause  I got it to work.  My problem was that I wasn't going through the <0> by using the reset key.......  Duh! frying pan Silly Me!  SORRY!  Thanks for sticking with me Poppo!   applause applause applause  

Now my only problem is the cash box.  I think I'm going to cut the handle off and make it fit.  Custom cashbox!
poppo

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2011, 01:05:03 AM »

Now my only problem is the cash box.  I think I'm going to cut the handle off and make it fit.  Custom cashbox!

Glad you got it working.  propeller

Be sure to leave a way to pull the cash box out without a handle.
motom67
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »

Thank you all!  I'm going to be a IGT S+ Slant Top expert soon.  Love this website. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.