Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  hello all and some questions on an slot machine
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hello all and some questions on an slot machine  (Read 2603 times)
arcticfix
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:15 PM »

hello stopped by to say hello.
need to ask an tech question.. i purchased this slot machine at an estate sale to give to my dad for his 90th birthday..
questions:
1. what is this machine?
2. what service manual do i look for

slot info:
1. inside tag on machine says international game technology. model:2441b . desc: nevada megabucks.. 12/85

looking for:
1. service manual or wiring diagram.(some wires are cut and mangeled)
2. find out what crt goes into it..there is none now
3. any info at all

i am very new to slots but used to work on arcade games, pinballs and jukes.thank you for your time reading

* slots.jpg (104.45 KB, 640x480 - viewed 288 times.)
arcticfix
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:57:27 PM »

found out this came with an rgb 1401a crt in it...what is an good replacement crt to buy (need whole unit) and whats an good place to order one...tried mounting an old computer monitor (did same with newer lcd also) unit in it but it came up frequency out of range on display when i powered unit up..just trying this to get unit working and trouble shoot before buying an crt
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:02:37 AM »

Welcome to the site.

NLG Welcome

I talked to a friend and we believe it to be in the era of an IGT Fortune I or Fortune II.  If it does in fact have the Megabucks software in it, it may not run without being connected to the WAP link.  Software (and parts) for the Fortune series of machines are really difficult to find.  I don't mean to discourage you, but I would be very careful about putting any money into this machine -- it's likely going to be a money pit.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:58:33 PM »

I have a quasi working Fortune 1 that I'm going to gut soon but I don't know if it would do you a whole lot of good since I don't have the game software that you need. Mine is a draw poker.
arcticfix
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »

thank you all for your time answering my questions and giving the info..i know its old..if i can find an monitor for it no biggie..paid 50 bucks for it so what the heck..just use it for an side project till i can find another video slots to buy...thanks again
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.