Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:08:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  pulse protocol info needed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pulse protocol info needed  (Read 2593 times)
botija
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: February 01, 2010, 08:09:13 AM »

i need information about PULSE protocol (like a IGT S-PLUS). how it work`s,  it is a serial interface?

thanx from argentina-
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:56:01 PM »

For communications from the S+ MPU to what?
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:39:12 PM »

Hello Botja

The pulse protocol ia a propreitary IGT protocol on the S+ and PE+ . It is available on most of the older BV's (You may have to change SW or reflash your particular BV ).
Because IGT no longer supports this platform the BV vendors are not likely to have sw for this protocol on the latest validators. Normally reffered to as IDO 23. To date I have not found any info wrt the timing of the pulses.

The pin listing for J8 where the bv plugs in is as follows
1 Bill ACP Out
2 Bill ACP In
3 +VB
4 GND
5 24VAC
6 24VAC

From the schematic it would seem that the BV ACP out is simply a logic H or L to tell the BV to enable or not. Info from the BV is one way only.

Ian
botija
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 12:25:43 PM »

may can be possible make some kind of adapter to use a id003 o netplex BV, i saw a few of it on internet but are not available in my country( Argentina ), i have trayed to use a JCM WBA ID023 but the problem is the ID023 check the jurisdiction, and the top dollars game only list USA and Canada.

thanx for help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.