Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:13:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  coin wont go in my machine but theres no fault
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: coin wont go in my machine but theres no fault  (Read 9496 times)
warriors
« on: February 17, 2010, 04:35:20 AM »

i have a IGT joker poker machine that had a COIN IN TIMEOUT error now that Ive fixed that the coins wont go in. i went to the setup and where it says coin detector A,B,C , A and B have 1s in front of them but the C has 0 beside it, can this be fixed, or do i need to get a in coin thing. ill need pretty detailed steps if there is a way to fix this error  Please Post Pictures  Cry Laughing
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:59:02 AM »

Welcome to  nlg, Warriors!

You've done some good troubleshooting, and you've actually found the source of the coin-in timeout.  The fact that the "C" optic is showing a zero instead of a one is the culprit.

Hopefully it's something simple, like a big blob of dust or fuzz in the optics, but I suspect you may have a blown set of optics.

Let's eliminate the simple stuff first, though.  At the place where you insert the coin, on the inside of the machine you'll see a Coin Comparator.  That device compares the coin you drop in to the sample coin that is in the comparator (leave that coin in the comparator -- you need it there!).  Once the coin travels through the comparator, it drops through a small black optics box that has three opto transmitters and receivers.  Those three sets of optics are the "A", "B", and "C" optics.  See if you can see any physical obstruction (dust, dirt, broken plastic bits, cardboard, paper, anything that doesn't belong in there).  Perhaps blow out the area with some canned air if you have it handy.  Then see if in the self-test the optics are all working.  If they are, great, you're done.  If not, you'll have to check the wiring going to the optics to see if anything is broken, or likely purchase a new set for your machine if you're not too familar with replacing them (which, from your initial post, you didn't sound like it).

If you do wind up needing a set, it'd be great if you can post a picture of your machine so we can determine if it's an upright, slant top, or bartop drop-in, and exactly what model of video poker machine you have.

Edited to add: Re-reading your post, I see that you said that you "fixed" the coin-in timeout, but that the test is showing that the "C" optic is not working.  What exactly did you "fix" -- was there a coin (or something else) jammed?  Is it possible that you broke the optic when you were fixing whatever you fixed?  Scratch Head

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
warriors
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:20:34 AM »

hi thank for the reply

my poker machine is IGT imperial joker poker machine

i dont actually know what i did to fix that coin in time out fault i remove both parts and when i put it back in the fault was gone. ive also notice that it sometimes come back. i just wiggle 1 of the plugs (the 1 with 10pins) on the bottom part and it goes away, might need a new 1 (but hopefully i can fix it myself)???

i tried blowing and checking for dust and dirt etc but couldn't see anything (looks pretty clean), im a little unsure where the optics are (i checked both parts of the coin mechanism) i have 2 of these machine with are pretty much the same apart from age and the pay out (the older 1 takes old 20c coins and the other takes $2 coins). i want  to fix the 1 that takes $2 coins, if the optics are the little light looking things,the 1 im trying fix only has 2 and doesnt look like there should be a 3rd,(but the older 1 has 3) ive plugged the older coin mechanism in and in the self test it reads A and C = 1 but the B=0,   ill try upload photos of the coin mech. im pretty keen to try and fix what ever the problem is, cause if its needs replacing i cant make it any worse lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:02:20 AM by warriors » Logged
warriors
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:26:29 AM »

i just had a look at the bottom part and it has made in the USA witch maybe why it only has 2 optics, where the coin comparator has a NSW Australia sticker on it?????????
warriors
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:25 AM »

should the green LED light be on when machine is turned on??

just asking because its not on when the machine is

* A.jpg (123.92 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 210 times.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:36:07 PM by warriors » Logged
warriors
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 05:43:01 AM »

if you look closely you'll see that there is only 2 optic senses and not 3 is this the incorrect optic board for this machine???

* B.jpg (110.69 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 230 times.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 07:39:44 PM by warriors » Logged
warriors
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 05:46:06 AM »

machine

* C.jpg (114.3 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 207 times.)
warriors
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 05:53:10 AM »

this is the screen when i go to self test but Ive unplugged the coin mechanism but usually the coin detectors A and B=1 but eveything else is what you see, all buttons work. the only other thing is the "1 DIP SW1 UNUSED" was wondering if that was OK

any ideas would be good as i have no idea lol

* D.jpg (23.35 KB, 350x262 - viewed 465 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »

The part that you labeled A is the comparitor. It compares the metallic content of the inserted coin with that of the sample coin and rejects those that are not a close enough match, but it does not register the insertion of the coin.

The part that you labeled B is the optics board assembly and the coin diverter. It will have three LED optics that sense the coin dropping and send a pulse to register a credit on the machine. The optics must be occluded and exposed in order and within a specific time frame or the machine registers a coin-in tilt. This is done to prevent cheaters from "stringing" a coin in and out of the machine. The optics don't "care" what the coin is made of. The diverter kicks out rejected coins.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
warriors
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »

thanks statfreak

my optic board only has 2 optic senses this is probably why i dont get C=1 in the coin detector like A and B. maybe the person i got it off change the optic board, in the other machine the optic board has 3 LED senses but it has a broken wire. any idea why it would only 2 optics???
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »

I am not sure but I believe the PE and PE+ need 3 optics just like the S+ uses three
Can you try something though not sure if the PE+ will let you do it but the S+ will
With the door open press the white button on the optics and see if you can add credits to play the game (do not close the door) then play it.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 09:05:48 PM »

any idea why it would only 2 optics???

Maybe someone tried to repair it with the wrong part?  Am I correct in assuming that this machine never worked?  The PE+, at least the American version, requires all three optics to be present and working in order to operate -- if they're not all working, it'll give the "Coin-In Timeout" message.

I recall reading in the PE+ manual that the early models had the option to use a physical switch rather than optics -- I don't know how to enable that or if that is an option on every game set.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
warriors
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »

hi foster

i just tried what you suggested and that works thanks heaps its working that way now

THANKYOU VERY MUCH THANKYOU THANKYOU

any suggestions on how i would fix the other poker machine now that that 1 working i wouldnt mind fixing the other 1

ill try upload a photo of the broken

thanks again your a legend
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »

If there is a broken wire, can you mend it to fix the other machine?

...and it sounds like you just need a proper, working 3-optic setup for your machine that doesn't have the correct optic board in it to get that working properly -- surely you don't want to always have to open the door and reach into the coin mechanism to play the machine.

warriors
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »

the door is closed i just moved the optics on the door so it can close, yes your right i would like it to take coins but for now i can play it

do you suggest if i get a new optic board it will work with coins?
ive got a guy looking for 1 at moment
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 09:41:24 PM »

hi foster

i just tried what you suggested and that works thanks heaps its working that way now

THANKYOU VERY MUCH THANKYOU THANKYOU

any suggestions on how i would fix the other poker machine now that that 1 working i wouldnt mind fixing the other 1

ill try upload a photo of the broken

thanks again your a legend

As Knagl has said, playing the machine with the white button isn't the way to go. It is a test button and it tells us that the optic board and harness are okay, but you still ought to get the correct hardware installed so that the machine works as it was meant to.

<ADD> Sorry, I didn't see your last post until I finished typing this one...  frying pan

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 09:57:24 PM »

do you suggest if i get a new optic board it will work with coins?
ive got a guy looking for 1 at moment

I think it will.  You could test that by trying the 3-optic board you have from the other machine into this machine, provided that it's working.  What is the problem with the 3-optic board -- you said a wire is broken?  Can you fix that wire, and then try it in both machines?

warriors
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 05:45:36 AM »

this is the old optic board that has a broken wire, dont know that if it can be fixed

* phphxVsGaAM.jpg (95.45 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 242 times.)
warriors
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 05:48:20 AM »

As Knagl has said, playing the machine with the white button isn't the way to go. It is a test button and it tells us that the optic board and harness are okay, but you still ought to get the correct hardware installed so that the machine works as it was meant to.

<ADD> Sorry, I didn't see your last post until I finished typing this one...  frying pan

i dont mind playing the game this way as i dont need to put coins in will it do any damage playing in the test mode
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 05:59:41 AM »

A member posted on here (or on the old site) how to do it.

They added wires in parallel with the test switch routed the wires to either the service/change or added a switch and disabled one door optic to make the machine think the door was open all the time.
The test switch will cause a coin in tilt if it pushed while the machine detects that the door is closed.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
warriors
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 06:56:13 AM »

i disabled the door optics so it will always think its open
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.