Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  PE PLUS MULTI GAME SOFTWARE BILL VALIDATOR PROBLEM
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PE PLUS MULTI GAME SOFTWARE BILL VALIDATOR PROBLEM  (Read 4559 times)
azvictorigt
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »

I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE.  I HAVE QUITE A FEW PE PLUS POKER MACHINES.  ALL THE SINGLE GAME POKER MACHINES ARE ACCEPTING JUST ABOUT EVERY TYPE OF BILL EXCEPT THE NEWER 10'S.  THE MULTI GAME MACHINES (2 OF THEM) KEEP ON REJECTING THE SAME BILLS ACCEPTED BY THE OTHERS, EXCEPT FOR 1 DOLLAR BILLS.  SO OBVIOUSLY THE VALIDATOR WORKS, BUT IS THERE SOMETHING DIFFERENT ABOUT THE SINGLE GAME SOFTWARE AS APPOSE TO THE MULTI GAME SOFTWARE.
IS IT ONE OF THE OTHER EPROMS THAT I NEED TO CHANGE TO ALLOW IT TO READ THE COMMON BILLS?

THESE ARE THE CHIPS I AM USING FOR THE MULTI GAME SOFTWARE
PROGRAM CHIP XMP00002
DATA CHIP XM00007P
CAP PROM C2 A1 P7 X4

IF ANYONE CAN HELP, THAT WOULD BE GREAT

THANKS
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »

Sounds like you need to update the Bill Validator

The Bill Validator will either have a socket with an EPROM or soldered EEPROM.

You have a few options:
Socket with EPROM get an updated one from a vendor.
Surface mount EPROM soldered: send to a vendor for an update, or remove the soldered eprom install a socket and order a updated eprom from a vendor.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
azvictorigt
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:59:09 PM »

out of curiousity, do you happen to know what the updated eprom chip should be.  I am using a jcm dbv200 head. Its current update is  22/23 2.60.   Its dissapointing because the 1 dollar bills work every time but any other bill will get rejected
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 02:58:37 AM »

See what happens when you flip dip switch #10 under the bottom of the 200 head.
azvictorigt
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 03:15:23 AM »

Ill try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.
azvictorigt
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:47 PM »

I tried the DIP 10 switch and it worked great.  Thank you very much.  Simple fix, big impact. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.