Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  S2000 Sound Sims Some work Some don't
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S2000 Sound Sims Some work Some don't  (Read 29362 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 12:05:13 AM »

Threw the DSV00026 in my Double Diamond Deluxe...I dig it.  I also threw it in Crystal Sevens and there are about 10 spin sounds compared to the single sound displayed in the video above.  For those that have the Triple Lucky Sevens DSV, the DSV00026 in the Crystal Sevens produces the same sounds a the Triple Lucky Sevens SIMM.

Thanks,
Jason

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yB3f_HNW5SQ&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/yB3f_HNW5SQ&rel=0</a>

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 03:02:05 AM »

Threw the DSV00026 in my Double Diamond Deluxe...I dig it.  I also threw it in Crystal Sevens and there are about 10 spin sounds compared to the single sound displayed in the video above.  For those that have the Triple Lucky Sevens DSV, the DSV00026 in the Crystal Sevens produces the same sounds a the Triple Lucky Sevens SIMM.

Thanks,
Jason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB3f_HNW5SQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Did you find that this DSV00026 Simm works in an other Games?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 03:14:16 AM »

I tested it in my 3 coin Crystal Sevens too.  The interesting thing when it is in that theme, is that there are several other spin sounds that are unlocked.  If you are familiar with the Triple Lucky Sevens (DSV00013), same sounds.

Another one that I tried last week...One Hundred or Nothing DSV00023 used in my 3 coin Double Diamond Deluxe game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/89wAC4ML7AI&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/89wAC4ML7AI&rel=0</a>

I have a DSV00024 coming as well...more to come.

Jason

morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 04:03:50 AM »

awesome I want to hear more! Let me know when you get it.
Thanks for the info!
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 11:38:43 AM »

It should be known that all the Simm's working on Jason's games are being used with SB chips that end in 2 digits (ex. SB100089) higher numbers than that have coded into them if wrong sound Simm is used, and will show Incompatible Sound Device, now you can use DSV-24 (the DSV-42 predecessor) in several though, and using some of these Simm's do cause a delay sometimes in play (see the video above) as it must be looking for sounds, some are worse than others as Jason and I have tried several different combinations, the 16 Meg Simms do take longer it seems as they have more files on them

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »

Well now my question is who is gonna be who is smart enough to go into the Binary files and break that darn code or erase it? If you can find it in the first place.
-T

reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »

I assume it's just a .WAV file but you have to hunt where it is

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:24 PM »

It should be known that all the Simm's working on Jason's games are being used with SB chips that end in 2 digits (ex. SB100089) higher numbers than that have coded into them if wrong sound Simm is used, and will show Incompatible Sound Device, now you can use DSV-24 (the DSV-42 predecessor) in several though, and using some of these Simm's do cause a delay sometimes in play (see the video above) as it must be looking for sounds, some are worse than others as Jason and I have tried several different combinations, the 16 Meg Simms do take longer it seems as they have more files on them

I think there is 1 exception to the rule above.  The Triple Double and Triple Stars, Lucky 7s, Red Hot 7s, and Butterfly 7s series games seem to be able to use just about any simm too. This only applies to those games that support enhanced sounds that is, since most of the higher coin count games do not for whatever reason.  I have been experimenting with a Triple Stars 5 reel 9 line 45 coin game using different simms.  Funny thing, using the 100 or Nothing simm for a large hit the simm ran out of sounds before the winning coin count finished.  So, unlike the 42 it didn't cycle the melody back to the beginning.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 02:44:57 PM »

I think there is 1 exception to the rule above.  The Triple Double and Triple Stars, Lucky 7s, Red Hot 7s, and Butterfly 7s series games seem to be able to use just about any simm too. This only applies to those games that support enhanced sounds that is, since most of the higher coin count games do not for whatever reason.  I have been experimenting with a Triple Stars 5 reel 9 line 45 coin game using different simms.  Funny thing, using the 100 or Nothing simm for a large hit the simm ran out of sounds before the winning coin count finished.  So, unlike the 42 it didn't cycle the melody back to the beginning.

Guess the 5 reels may use others, but the same theme in 3 reel won't,, that is what started this thread yesterday was using a DSV-13 with SB100925 T D Lucky 7's (or Butterfly) woudn't do it, I think the programming on the 5 reel stuff was sloppy to put it mildly!

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 03:02:24 PM »

Guess the 5 reels may use others, but the same theme in 3 reel won't,, that is what started this thread yesterday was using a DSV-13 with SB100925 T D Lucky 7's (or Butterfly) woudn't do it, I think the programming on the 5 reel stuff was sloppy to put it mildly!

Might I add that that is a 5 line game and it seems most 5 lines only allow legacy sounds. Trying anything else it will shoot up incompatible sound simm. -T
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »

I tried my own experiment, I used a Tabasco SIMM and board with SB100054 and the Double Diamond game played with Tabasco sounds. So it looks like Jim is correct, any SB ending in 2 digits will work with most sound simms and higher will give the error. It was kinda fun to play the DD game with the Tabasco sounds.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »

Methinks demand for SIMM's could go up with this little experiment.  What would be cool is if we could get the community to try out different SIMM's with different games and we could keep a running log of it.  Fun way to mix up our games a bit.

Jason

morspeed
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »

Methinks demand for SIMM's could go up with this little experiment.  What would be cool is if we could get the community to try out different SIMM's with different games and we could keep a running log of it.  Fun way to mix up our games a bit.

Jason

Agree with Post
Me agree with this lets start it!   Crazy
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »

I just ordered a phantom of the opera for my triple dollars with mystery action .it seams the same game as the phantom. hope it works

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »

MY DSV0008  simms work on my triple  butterfly sevens with  BASE SB100009 chip   (STILL NEED GLASS 3 REEL ANY ONE)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:58:47 PM by PLUNGER BOY » Logged

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

Gents,

Take some video of these other DSV's if they cannot be found on YouTube.  I've never heard a DSV00008.

Jason

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 09:58:41 PM »

DSV00008 should be for Mega Bucks
Ford
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 10:01:21 PM »

What base chip is in that Triple Dollars with Mystery Reel Action and how many credits?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »

What base chip is in that Triple Dollars with Mystery Reel Action and how many credits?
    I dont know the base chip# not at that house. but its 2 credits

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 10:14:21 PM »

Please let me know what is when you can.

Thanks

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 10:25:15 PM »

DSV00008 should be for Mega Bucks
Ford
YOUR CORRECT

Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 11:13:42 PM »

Odie If anybody knows of a simm that will work in my Triple Double Red Hot Strike 5 reeler, I would greatly appreciate it.
It has a DSV00042 in it now, but all it will play is those "Dreadful" legacy sounds!  hissy fit  hissy fit  hissy fit

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:51 AM »

Here's another one gents...

DSV00024 in my 3 coin Double Diamond Deluxe.  There are a few differences in the DSV00024 when compared to a DSV00042:

1. 8 meg DSV00024 SIMM compared to 16 meg DSV00042 SIMM
2. Available sounds as reviewed in I/O Sound menu:
    a.  DSV00042 is a larger SIMM in terms of memory due to available sounds for Deluxe (nudge) games, Haywire games, Legacy sounds, and Generic MMLB sounds.
    b.  DSV00024 has all of the exact same sounds for a Deluxe (nudge) game, but does NOT have any sounds for Haywire games, NO Legacy sounds, nor Generic MMLB sounds.  In other words, one cannot toggle options of Preferred sounds, Legacy sounds, nor MMLB Generic sounds.  The only playable option would be Preferred sounds...in the case of the Double Diamond Deluxe anyway...YMMV.
3.  DSV00042 produces a tick sound when a "no hit" registers on each reel.  DSV00024 produces a cooler sound when a "no hit" registers on each reel.
4.  DSV00042 produces a tick sound when the "bet one credit" button is pushed.  DSV00024 produces a cooler sound when the "bet one credit" button is pushed.
5.  Coin in sounds are different between the DSV00042 and DSV00024 SIMM's.
6.  Max Credit button sounds are a little bit different between the DSV00042 and DSV00024.  DSV00042 seems to play the sound a bit faster than the DSV00024.
7.  Both the DSV00042 and DSV00024 will play the "donk" sound in addition to the nudge sounds with the 3 coin version of the game.  The 2 coin version of the game will NOT play the "donk" sound...only the nudge sound.

My take...I like the DSV00024 better for a (Diamond) Deluxe game because of the added and in my opinion, more enhanced sounds.   For (Diamond) Haywire games, DSV00042 is the only way to fly as DSV00024 does not contain the correct sounds.  Again, my test is with the Double Diamond Deluxe version...I would assume that Triple Diamond Deluxe would work fine, but it's untested.  Anything Haywire will need a DSV00042.  Not sure about plain Double/Triple Diamond games.

Below are my two videos for you to compare between the DSV00024 and DSV00042:

DSV00024
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-Hq6Ho5kcU&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/S-Hq6Ho5kcU&rel=0</a>

DSV00042

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/u32YyVhzgdA&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/u32YyVhzgdA&rel=0</a>

Enjoy!

Jason

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2011, 01:38:09 AM »

Hey eddy! Great job with this!  applause
I like that you're taking notes on this because this topic will deff be a sticky later on
when people want to go to it for sound choices!
Keep on tinkering!
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2011, 04:15:06 AM »

The Big Times Pay (RW&B/Wild Cherry Editions included), games are also limited to the DSV00051.  I threw a DSV00042 in a Big Times Pay and it was fugly messed up sound...stick with the original DSV00051.  

Jason

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.