Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:00:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  meter disconnected error
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: meter disconnected error  (Read 20863 times)
j blair
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »

please help me!! i have meter disconnected error! i looked into the cabinet and saw a female wire connector hanging down behind the bill collector with 7 wires going to it. i cant find as to where it is supposed to go. i haven't ever noticed this before. it looks like the wires go back to the main board somewhere. does this sound like a plug that goes up behind the reels? i tried to feel around behind the wheels but found no place for it to go - but it was hard to feel around back there so i might have missed something. would this disconnected wire plug be causing my error.  PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO?!? thanks jeff
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Your previous posts all seem to be regarding an S2000, but you've posted in the S+ board. Is this a new (for you) S+?
If so, do you see a set of mechanical counting meters mounted on the inside right wall of the cabinet under the power switch and to the right of the reels?

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
j blair
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:39:58 PM »

im sorry. im new to this and it is a s2000 with no meters . this error is hard to fix. im thinking that a board is fried or something. went through the I/O things and couldnt find anything wrong. the wire connector that is hanging behind the bill box doesnt have a home as i was in the machine looking for a plug so i dont think thats it. im lossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst. HELP!!
j blair
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »

im new to slots and have this error on my s2000. does anybody know step by step how to fix this. ive tried reset key and open/close door and looked at the boards for burn and I/O test. i dont know what to do. what board would cause this????????????? thank you - jeff      ps -  the light on top doesnt work.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:13:00 AM by j blair » Logged
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »

Check your cabnet I/O card a bad card will give a meter disconnect error

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 01:22:24 AM »

Moved to S2000 board.

SF garfield

<ADD> and merged with duplicate thread.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 04:01:42 AM »

im sorry. im new to this and it is a s2000 with no meters . this error is hard to fix. im thinking that a board is fried or something. went through the I/O things and couldnt find anything wrong. the wire connector that is hanging behind the bill box doesnt have a home as i was in the machine looking for a plug so i dont think thats it. im lossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst. HELP!!

I noticed that you said that you do not have meters in your machine.... Try reading this thread as it may help you to solve your problem:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=9916.msg86223#msg86223

Maybe you machine never got a jumper installed, or it became disconnected. If this is the problem, it is a simple fix! There is a picture that you can use to try to find the meter connector wires.

Let us know if this works for you.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
j blair
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 07:53:05 AM »

hi guys. im pulling my hair out with this error. does anyone have a picture of the jumper wire and location for a igt s2000 machine. i think i mentioned that my top candel light is dead also. any info would be appreaciated as i have looked at post on this topic and they are few. thanks again!
StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »

Topics merged again.

Please do not start new topics about the same issue.

Thanks,

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

slot monkey
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 402

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »

Hey J

Look at the link that captainhappy posted, there is a picture in that link that shows the plug and wiring.

It also shows the location to be on the right side of the reel shelf.
j blair
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 12:18:10 PM »

SLOT MONKEY      ----------         that is a picture of a vision. are they the same as s20000. also - does that plug into anything or just hang there. my other issue is my candle doesnt work. are the meter disconnected error and the candle not being lit related?  thank you
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »

Vision and S2000 are the same for the most part.
That plug that has the jumper in it is the harness going to the hard meters next to reel 3.
Some S2000 have moved the meters to below the BV and visible from the right side of the machine.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
j blair
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »

my machine doesnt have hard meters , i found the plug and it has a jumper in it. the jumper is good and tight. now what? what about my candle not lighting at all? i cant find any coin jams or anything. the machine was working great after i replaced the main battery a week ago. ive checked all the connections i can find and all are tight. im starting to think its a board (I/O cabinet). can i check that easily? thanks-jeff
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:00:39 PM by j blair » Logged
morning_glory21
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »

it's an easy check if you have another "known good" one to swap it with!  you could also pull it out - always with the power off when dealing with I/O cards - and take the frame off of it to look for obvious scorching on the board.  i've also read that the mpu can be the problem with "meter disconnect" tilts. g/l
j blair
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 03:33:45 PM »

i did that and didnt notice anything unusual. thanks
mozart14
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »

I just purchased a coinless IGT S2000 and was attempting to convert to coin accepted.  Bought the hopper and coin comparator and plugged them into the machine.  I thought the MPU would recognize the hopper and comparator.  Did not know what I was doing as I "hot swapped" the wiring harness cables to the door I/O card to the cabinet I/O card thinking this would get the machine to recognize the hopper and coin comparator.  Assuming that I had now fried the cabinet I/O card I ordered two new (used) ones and swapped them in.  I am still getting the “meters disconnected” error only change was the candle is now lit with the new I/O card.  I have tried using a jumper on the 9th & 10th wires leading into the meters assuming the hard meters were not working and still no change.  Based on all the posts I have read here I may need to purchase a new MPU, but was hoping to avoid this option. Any help would be appreciated to turn my new 200lb paperweight back into a working slot machine. hissy fit
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »

220# paperweight  rotflmao

Have you checked the voltage on both the main and green batteries on your board?  Have you attempted to do a full clear with either a 97 or a 224 clear chip?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
mozart14
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 07:46:11 PM »

Looks like I am buying a voltage meter and a clear chip.  Will either the 97 or 224 work?.  Thanks.
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

Looks like I am buying a voltage meter and a clear chip.  Will either the 97 or 224 work?.  Thanks.

What is your board model?  501, 502, 504, Enhanced ?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
j blair
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 11:52:00 PM »

this is j blair - i have meter disconnected error with no top candle. i got  used I/O boards for cabinate and door with no results. i guess ill buy a new cpu as i also have a big paper weight! can anyone tell us if we replaced the I/O boards is the next step a mpu board????? thanks   ps-- i also did a clear chip with no results - and my bill validator isnt lighting up. my machine starts up and the test memory runs then the reels turn then bill validator clicks and i get my error. this all started after i took the screw out of the rocker on/off switch so i could look at it because i was thinking about putting the switch on the outside of my machine. do you think i shorted something out??
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 08:59:57 AM by j blair » Logged
mozart14
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »

How can I tell what type of board I have 501, 502, enhanced etc. 
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 02:22:31 PM »

ENHANCED ON THE BOTTOM       504 ON THE TOP                                                      

* P1010073.JPG (869.99 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 749 times.)

* P1010057.JPG (872.62 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 518 times.)

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
j blair
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »

plunger boy   ---   this is j blair--- i have  504. please help me - im going crazy with meter disconnected error with no candle light and no bill valadator light and wont take bills. im stuck!!!! i need the smarter than me guys to step to the plate because im striking out! thanks jb
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 10:17:52 PM »

plunger boy   ---   this is j blair--- i have  504. please help me - im going crazy with meter disconnected error with no candle light and no bill valadator light and wont take bills. im stuck!!!! i need the smarter than me guys to step to the plate because im striking out! thanks jb

Try turning off your machine, Unplug the 7 Segment Display and power up and open and close door a few times

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
mozart14
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:18 PM »

It appears as though I have a 504 board so I would need a IVC00097 clear chip, I think?  I have included a picture of my board.

* DSC03766.JPG (1300.85 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 550 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.