Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:40:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Well I did it! My first S2000.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well I did it! My first S2000.  (Read 20159 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: July 11, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »

Okay everyone who knew I was looking at this. I got it! The seller had it listed for $1800 with custom chair and stand. He went down to $1500. I offered $700, then $850...waited three weeks and finally we settled at $1000. Maybe that's high but I have never seen a Top Dollar for sale, ever. Normally I would never pay this but this is THE slot I've always had the most fun playing in the past and I also recently sold some old "junk" I had collected for nearly $700! So, that was my justification for this splurge.
It's in exceptionally clean condition and this price was for the set: slot, stool, stand. It needs a little cleaning and I snapped the picture just now. I'll clean it later...it's just smudges but I like my slots CLEAN.  
I've already got questions.
I need a manual.
And...I do want to add a hopper back and convert it to quarters...I think. The TD feature speaks "dollars" though and I don't know if that can be changed easily. Can it be converted to take dollar coins? I do have a collection of about 300 Eisenhower dollars. It's just laying on my garage floor for now. I'll show a picture of the entire set later. It works great although I'd like to turn the volume UP and can't see a volume control.

* CIMG1523.jpg (1277.18 KB, 1753x3217 - viewed 343 times.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:10:46 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:43:36 AM »

Congradulations! Thousand dollars is a great deal on that machine. The denom sticker is easy to change and if you check through the S2000 posts you'll find one with a menu directory to show you how to change the volume. I'm at work on my smartphone or I'd have more and better info for you
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »

Congrats on a neat machine!  I bought a sister machine to yours about a month ago--Double Triple Diamond Deluxe w/Cheese.  I think the Barcrest machines are a lot of fun and I have been very happy with mine.  Here is a re-post of the options manual to help you change the sound.  It is the same procedure as any S2000.  To start, with the machine on and the door open, push the white button on the front of the computer board.  Then follow the manual directions.  Very simple.  If it has any static in the speakers (mine did), there are several threads detailing how to fix that up too.  Have fun!

* options_menu S2000.pdf (132.73 KB - downloaded 157 times.)

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:49:16 PM »

Nice. But that is one tall machine! I would have to cut a hole in my ceiling.  Tongue Out
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

Cool Machine!!!   Cool Thumbs-Up       

Congratulations
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:07:47 PM »

Nice Machine & with the Stand & Stool it's even nicer.
To clean it right you will need a box of Q-tips.
They can get everywhere.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

NICE GAME.  The Wave I don't have a barcrest in my collection.
CVslots

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 02:15:02 PM »

You are going to love the S2000 platform, especially after what you've been working on! I estimate it will be less than 2 months and you will have another one!  yes

4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:24 PM »

NICE MACHINE!!!   yummy

I love that game too.  Congratulations! applause
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »

I love that it still has the "gambling problem?" sticker on it! Here's a shot of the set...it's the Craigslist picture from the previous owner but at least everyone can see the set. It's fun to have the illuminated reels and the display in front ... telling me to KEEP gambling!  
Cry Laughing

* CIMG1523a.jpg (166.44 KB, 1085x665 - viewed 330 times.)

* topdollar1a.jpg (27.45 KB, 230x440 - viewed 323 times.)
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »

Nice. But that is one tall machine! I would have to cut a hole in my ceiling.  Tongue Out

You should see the IGT/Barcrest with the topper on it!  Its in the clouds.

* Dtddwc w topper.jpg (572.27 KB, 1200x1600 - viewed 320 times.)

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 05:18:18 AM »

Okay I've got questions already...
First, something funny I just noticed. Hard to see but at the BV, it says "Canadian bills only."  rotflmao
I guess it came from Canada? There is also a business card taped inside from a place in Ohio, where I assume the previous owner bought this.
It, however, DOES take ALL U.S. bills, everything.  American Flag
And, I love that it speaks the word "dollars" and not "credits."

Here are my first two questions:
1. SOUND - there's audio coming out only on the right speaker. The left just has HISS and there's nothing on the cash tray speaker. I did check the settings and it's set to STEREO.

2. CONFUSED - My Top Dollar doesn't seem to know when to pay 2X or 4X! This is a Double Diamond Top Dollar. It's supposed to pay 2X (the Top Dollar offer) if one DD shows on the payline and 4X if two DD's are on the payline. It has paid a few times at 2X and once at 4X when the DD symbol was not on the center payline.  Scratch Head
Other than that, the rest of the payouts are correct.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 07:54:13 AM »

Okay I've got questions already...
First, something funny I just noticed. Hard to see but at the BV, it says "Canadian bills only."  rotflmao
I guess it came from Canada? There is also a business card taped inside from a place in Ohio, where I assume the previous owner bought this.
It, however, DOES take ALL U.S. bills, everything.  American Flag
And, I love that it speaks the word "dollars" and not "credits."

Here are my first two questions:
1. SOUND - there's audio coming out only on the right speaker. The left just has HISS and there's nothing on the cash tray speaker. I did check the settings and it's set to STEREO.

2. CONFUSED - My Top Dollar doesn't seem to know when to pay 2X or 4X! This is a Double Diamond Top Dollar. It's supposed to pay 2X (the Top Dollar offer) if one DD shows on the payline and 4X if two DD's are on the payline. It has paid a few times at 2X and once at 4X when the DD symbol was not on the center payline.  Scratch Head
Other than that, the rest of the payouts are correct.

Sound:  If the wires are not frayed and the connection to the board looks good, it probably is either be a bad board or the speaker.  Both are pretty cheap and easy to replace.  Someone else on the board should be able to tell you how to test the board.  The coin tray speaker is routinely broken due to the molex connector design.  Check that and if its broken, you have a few choices:  1. Salvage the old connector and try to make it work.  2. Wire the speaker up direct with enough wire so the coin tray can still be removed and set on the floor below the machine (in case you need to).  3. Get a new molex connector and try not to break it again.  I have 3 S-2000's and all 3 were broken.  Its just a part that likes to break with people slamming those coin trays in.

Payout:  The first thing to check is to make sure the reel strips are attached to the reels properly--ie the notches on the strips line up with the notches on the reels.  If they are not on properly, the machine thinks different symbols are coming up.  You may also have the wrong reel strips on there, or maybe just 1 reel strip is wrong.  The reel 3 is most likely right since it has the bonus symbol.  So its probably either reel 1 or 2 (and by your description, most likely reel 2 since it paid without the correct symbol there).  Again, someone here should have the correct reel strip part numbers that belong on your machine.

tollguy316

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 10:05:01 AM »

Shortrackskater; you're confused in regards to the 2x and 4x...   It is a Double Top Dollar; but only offers  2x in the bonus If the 2x at the top of the top glass lights up.   If your offer is  20 credits, then it's 20 credits... but If the offer is 20 credits and a 2x lights up ; then your offer is 40 credits and the voice will say your offer is " 20 credits  times two, 40 credits"   or If the offer is 20 credits and both of the 2x's light up ; then your offer is 80 credits and the voice would say " 20 credits, times two, times two ,  80 credits"  .....   Not every offer is multiplied by 2 ( quite the contrary).   If a DD shows on the payline; it's a 2x multiplier for a possible winning reel spin....  A D on the payline with the Double Top Dollar emblem on the 3rd reel means nothing ... I hope I am explaining this correctly and not confusing the matter.  .  Bill
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »

congrats on your new toy!!!!!  Congratulations       
speaker probably has a bad amp board if it isnt the wires or loose plugs..... i had to swap a amp board to fix my noise issue on my top dollar, very simple part to replace.......barcrest are great machines!!! you bought it at a great price...... my next barcrest will be a red hottie........
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »

Shortrackskater; you're confused in regards to the 2x and 4x...   It is a Double Top Dollar; but only offers  2x in the bonus If the 2x at the top of the top glass lights up.   If your offer is  20 credits, then it's 20 credits... but If the offer is 20 credits and a 2x lights up ; then your offer is 40 credits and the voice will say your offer is " 20 credits  times two, 40 credits"   or If the offer is 20 credits and both of the 2x's light up ; then your offer is 80 credits and the voice would say " 20 credits, times two, times two ,  80 credits"  .....   Not every offer is multiplied by 2 ( quite the contrary).   If a DD shows on the payline; it's a 2x multiplier for a possible winning reel spin....  A D on the payline with the Double Top Dollar emblem on the 3rd reel means nothing ... I hope I am explaining this correctly and not confusing the matter.  .  Bill

Bill - the only thing is that my belly glass seems to imply otherwise. I will add a better pic when I get home but the lower glass shows the 2x and 4x being in conjunction with the DD symbol falling on the payline when the TD symbol comes up...at least, that's what it appears to me. I could be wrong but it just doesn't make sense to have the DD theme with the TD theme and not have one DD mean two times pay of the bonus feature and two DD's become four times the bonus feature. I guess, though having the DD feature independent of the TD feature is good too. I'll add a fuzzy pic of my lower glass here. It's just barely distinguishable though, but you can see the DD symbol and the TD symbol together on the info line.  I'll be home soon and snap a decent pic of that. Thank you for the help and comments, everyone.

* CIMG1523z.jpg (284.46 KB, 1373x806 - viewed 322 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 02:14:16 PM »

Symbols on the reels mean nothing when it comes to the bonus round other than the one on the 3rd reel. The symbols on the reels only apply to winning combinations unrelated to the bonus game. On a 5X pay Wheel Of Fortune having 1 or 2 of the 5X symbols on the pay line with the wheel spin doesn't multiply that wheel spin by 5 or 25X whatever the wheel stopped on. Think of the bonus game as completely seperate from the reel game with it's own set of rules
tollguy316

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »

EXACTLY.... Thanks Cowboy.   
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »

With what you said cowboygames, and what Bill said...that's making more sense now. I guess I need to re-read the glass with that in mind. I wonder, though, why the designers wouldn't have incorporated the DD feature into the TD feature? But...I guess this makes "more fun" in that there's more random events that could happen!
Thank you for the added info! I had fun last night going (ever so slowly) into the menus and sub menus of the game        CaptainHappy Worried  ...so much different than the s plus.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:16 PM »

you only get whatever the bonus gives you not what lands on payline for example if you get triple diamond, triple diamond, and the bonus symbol on the line!!!!! you only get whatever the bonus round gives you not 9 times....... same goes as yours......

* IMAG0516.jpg (561.45 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 298 times.)
tollguy316

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »

Not exactly true... If you get a cherry of a cherry and a DD ; then you are paid accordingly and additionally get the DTD bonus.  Bill
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »

it should explain it on your glass similiar to mine!!!

* IMAG0517.jpg (719.87 KB, 2560x1440 - viewed 333 times.)
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »

Not exactly true... If you get a cherry of a cherry and a DD ; then you are paid accordingly and additionally get the DTD bonus.  Bill

on any top dollar you do not get any additional credits if the bonus symbol lands on the 3rd line
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 02:34:09 PM »

staz - $500 denomination?  Weird Eyes
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 02:43:24 PM »

With what you said cowboygames, and what Bill said...that's making more sense now. I guess I need to re-read the glass with that in mind. I wonder, though, why the designers wouldn't have incorporated the DD feature into the TD feature? But...I guess this makes "more fun" in that there's more random events that could happen!
Thank you for the added info! I had fun last night going (ever so slowly) into the menus and sub menus of the game        CaptainHappy Worried  ...so much different than the s plus.

They have to do it that way to keep the payback percent in line, but still keep the frequency of winning combinations active enough to keep people interested in playing

And yes, there are exceptions like on my Money Mad Martians. If I get a cherry or a multiplier with a cherry it will pay in addition to the bonus game win, but it NEVER multiplies the bonus round win from those symbols being on the line
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.