Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Well I did it! My first S2000.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well I did it! My first S2000.  (Read 20233 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »

Well I uncovered my Top Dollar tonight and troubleshooted the speaker. The left worked when I switched the speaker cables. So I've ordered a new board from CV slots. I also had no audio from the lower speaker (found a GLUT of posts on that just now) and I could see that the molex was just a crappy design. So I made a jumper wire and tested the speaker with the tray out of the unit and got sound...GOOD "basey" sound. Then I just detached the plug in the unit, removed the anchor plate and then chopped the surround useless plastic from that plug. There actually was enough slack in the wiring to just attach it to the speaker plug and feed the excess in. I attached the tray and powered up the machine and now have most of the sound. I LOVE the lower speaker. So far, I've had no problem with any static as I read in lots of posts here. I know this machine was somewhat refurbished so maybe if it was a problem earlier, it was fixed!
I also played with the sound settings and now it makes a nice electronic "click" when each reel stops. The solenoid sound was annoying. I also adjusted the middle display since the words looked like they were going to fall out as them scrolled right to left!  rotflmao
The unit had just unscrewed on the right side.  I'm sure all of you have hashed this info out before but I was excited to make some progress on this machine.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2012, 02:25:29 AM »

Well I bribed the neighbors and got two people to help me move this beast in my room. There's about 2 inches clearance from the candle to the ceiling...but it just fits. Still have a mess to clean up but here's the complete set I bought: slot, stand, stool. Soon you will see a one dollar head on this machine and then I'll have a place for my 350 Eisenhower dollar coins.

* IMG_3009.JPG (1238.47 KB, 2012x2867 - viewed 228 times.)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2012, 02:33:20 AM »

Nice CEI poker machine too!  I had one just like it with red glass.  Sold it when I bought my Game King.  Sometimes I wish I had it back.  I have the emulated rom in my MAME cabinet, but it's just not the same as the original.

Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2012, 03:06:09 AM »

I should have powered up the CEI for the shot! It looks great...and you don't see all the burn in either. It's fun...lots of cool 80's BEEP sounds on it too. Next to these two are my Bally 1114. Behind that are my Bally Video Twentyone, Fortune One and my S plus Double diamond. Oops...forgot the Mills open front. It's on the right of the CEI!
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2012, 03:10:17 AM »

Oh you should take a video of the CEI.  There isn't one anywhere on YouTube.  Many would dig it!

Jason

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »

Ask and you shall receive! It's uploading right now. Staying away from my Top Dollar post so I mentioned it in the video! rotflmao
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2012, 03:33:00 AM »

Ask and you shall receive! It's uploading right now. Staying away from my Top Dollar post so I mentioned it in the video! rotflmao

You are the man!  As you can see by my signature, I'm sort of a video nut when it comes to gambling devices.  Wink

Jason

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2012, 03:57:32 AM »

Here you go!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_8JoEwRurmE&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_8JoEwRurmE&rel=0</a>
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.