Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT Bonus Poker Machine - Call Attendant Help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Bonus Poker Machine - Call Attendant Help!  (Read 10057 times)
altoun40
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:14:43 PM »

Hello forum,

I just purchased a used IGT Bonus poker machine with the 5 poker games in it. It's a slant top with the coin and bill acceptors (see attached picture). It was working fine for the first couple of weeks. Occasionally the "call attendant" with the CMOS data error message would pop up when I first booted up the machine. Also at the same time the change button and top light blink. However, I was able to clear it by holding the white self test button for 3-5 seconds and then closing the top and turning the reset key. This last go around, I have not been able to clear the call attendant message. After I hold the self test key and it makes the beep noise, I close the top and turn the reset key and am able to clear the CMOS data message. However the call attendant still stays on with the blinking lights. Please help!

* IMAG0440.jpg (1313.29 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 993 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:08:59 PM »

I don't know a lot about those models, but I guess I'd start by checking the voltage of the cmos battery on the MPU board. Make sure to turn the machine off before removing that board
OldReno
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 175

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:13:29 PM »

I always had problems with those because of door switches.  There are a boatload of them in that machine.
Does it say door open anywhere on the screen?
altoun40
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »

When I open the door it says "door open" and when i close it it goes away...so I don't think that is the problem.
altoun40
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »

I don't know a lot about those models, but I guess I'd start by checking the voltage of the cmos battery on the MPU board. Make sure to turn the machine off before removing that board
Thanks, i will check. But, if it was the battery, wouldn't it say battery or throw a different code?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »

Maybe, but I'm not familiar with the operation on those models. Could be that something got jarred lose in shipping and you could go through and make sure all plugs and boards are pushed in tight too. Till someone with more experience chimes in these are some things to try. Also, you might press down on all the socketed chips on the MPU to make sure they are seated tightly
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 12:31:05 AM »

When I open the door it says "door open" and when i close it it goes away...so I don't think that is the problem.

That's a good thing, actually -- it confirms that the machine is correctly seeing the door opening and closing.

For the record, you have an IGT Player's Edge Plus (PE+) slant top machine.

It's entirely possible that you have a couple of stacked errors -- you may need to repeat the process of:

- Opening the door
- Pressing and holding the self test button for about five seconds until you hear the "ding"
- Close the door
- Turn the jackpot reset key

Repeat that process a couple of times if necessary (if you still have a Call Attendent error after you go through the motions).

If you're still stuck there, I'd agree that it's possible that the battery is low (the machine may not realize it for some reason), and it's also possible that you may need a RAM clear chip.  I'd start with the battery, though.  Are you sure that the error has been "CMOS DATA" every time?

It's not normal for the machine to constantly come up with a Call Attendent / CMOS DATA error every time you power it up.  It should pretty much just come back to life when you power it up each time.  That's what makes me lean towards the battery being an issue.

With the power OFF, open the hatch door all the way.  On the left hand side of the machine is the MPU board, mounted in a silver tray.  Using the little flap of metal on the edge of the tray, unplug the MPU board from the motherboard (a fixed board mounted along the back wall of the machine) by sliding the tray towards you.  You can then rotate it about 90 degrees to get it to just pass through the odd shaped cutout of the hopper bowl and out of the machine.

With a multimeter, please test the voltage of the battery and let us know your results.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:51:17 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
altoun40
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »

Thanks Knagl...I just ordered a new battery online and am going to replace it anyway since it has not been replaced in a while. I will post results in a few days when i install. Hopefully that will do the trick!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.