Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 12:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 5000 plus Goldrush HELP!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 5000 plus Goldrush HELP!  (Read 8545 times)
schmitty13
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: April 26, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »

So, I am new to slots but love to fix things. I now see how much is involved but am still with it and I have one thing holding me up and it is the door hinge switch! Scratch Head  I have traced it and followed all of the wiring diagrams and this is how it says it should be wired, (should) according to the diagram. One female connector is missing because I have a break in the wire and ran out of connectors, but from the bottom up I have orange/black - black - orange/green - orange/blue. Still says "Door hinge open" on the screen. Anyways, I get around 2.4-3v on the top two wires and same one the bottom orange/black wire that goes to #1 on the pcb until I plug it into the board and get nothing on that wire. It's a 1990 model and I don't see any door optics other than this switch which when tested seems to be working correctly. Thanks guys and here it is:   Help

schmitty13

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 11:23:28 PM »

If anyone can help me out with this problem and it works, I wouldn't mind paypal'ing some cash.  Thanks all.
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:34:55 AM »

Hey, awesome pic! But maybe tell us why you think the door switch is the culprit??? Are you getting an error? If so, which one????

CommTech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 251

Joe

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:56:13 AM »

Can you post a picture of the entire machine and where this switch is located?
Looking in the manual for an 5000 plus I see a set of door optics in the bottom corner? Scratch Head

Is this a reel or video machine?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:18:52 AM by CommTech » Logged
retroelectro

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »

You should probably be looking at door cam switch instead, sounds like it's grounded. That's the white/blue wire on the door. If you don't have cam switch, then this wire should be routed to the hinge switch. From bottom up (hinge switch) I have:

- orange/blue
- orange/green
- N/C
- white/blue
- orange/black
- black

Bally 5000+ Fruit Loot 1991
Sega Turbo Outrun 1989
Sega Outrun 1986
schmitty13

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 12:49:23 PM »

Thanks all,

The error message is "Door hinge open".  I know it is not the door cam, because when I turn the key and the latch hits the sensor it reads "Door Open" and when I release it goes back to original message.  I ran an imput test and every button reads and when I turn the key it reads, but when I hit the door hinge switch it doesn't read anything.  So here's a pic of the whole machine and placement of switch as requested.  Switch is in the lower right hand corner.

theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »

schmitty13,

My wires on the door switch are just like retroelectro.

- orange/blue
- orange/green
- N/C
- white/blue
- orange/black
- black

It looks like you have one missing.

* door switch.jpg (183 KB, 656x668 - viewed 436 times.)

If all else fails, get a bigger hammer.
schmitty13

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »

Why is the empty port labeled N/C?  If that's the NC (normally closed) port on your switch then we have different switches as my NC ports are next to the COM1 and COM2 ports (your black and orange/blue wires).  My inner connections on the switch are the NO (normally open) connections.  Sorry if this is confusing but I have one wiring harness leading to the switch and it only contains four wires.  Can you show me where your white/blue wire is routed?  This is what my manual for Bally 5000 plus shows.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:57:02 PM by schmitty13 » Logged
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

The N/C means no connection.  My white/blue wire ends up on J1 or the I/O board.  I guess Bally must of produced a couple versions of the 5000 plus.  Look close at the schematic for J1 on the I/O board and it shows pin 6 comes from the door cam switch (I don't have one) and pin 7 comes from the door hinge switch.  Wish I could be of more help....

Ron Schmidt

schmitty13

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »

Whoah, same last name haha.  Nice to meet you.  So, I have traced that wire before but the problem is that it goes into the I/O board and then the I/O is plugged into the main board.  I don't know where to go from there because I can't trace that wire any further than that.

Mark Schmidt
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:27:30 PM by schmitty13 » Logged
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »

Sounds good brother Mark.

Later,
Ron

schmitty13

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »

UPDATE:

Ran a jumper wire from #3 pin of J17 on Backplane board and connected it next to the black wire on my setup.  First went straight to insert coin/Game over, then it would take coins but when spun said Wait for attendant, Door open spin.  So, that pin#3 does something with the door but J17 has nothing plugged into it. Scratch Head

Thanks again for the responses.  At this point I'd just like to find a way to bypass so I can play the damn thing
retroelectro

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »

VFD display? I thought that only 5000 has that, not 5000+? It says in 5000 manual that: "The DOOR HINGE OPEN message appears when the door switch is detected open before the door lock is open." That's why I thought it may not detect cam switch for some reason. But if input test proves that it's ok, then it cannot be that.

BTW in my machine if I hit the hinge switch during the input test, it exits the test and returns to normal state.

Bally 5000+ Fruit Loot 1991
Sega Turbo Outrun 1989
Sega Outrun 1986
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 05:50:58 PM »

Mark,

This may sound stupid, but did you try loosening the screws holding the door hinge bracket and moving the assembly as far forward as you can?  Maybe the switch is not being made when the door is closed.  I once needed this adjustment on mine.

Ron

schmitty13

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »

Oh no...I hope I don't have a Frankenstein slot.  I found some missing nuts and bolts in there so it appears someone has had their hands in it.  Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to do some research now.

Theprocat-  Yeah i've looked at adjustments but the fact remains that the machine is still not recognizing when the switch button is pushed.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know what I find.
schmitty13

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

Well, found a chip on the I/O board that's fried.  That's that.  knockout

Does anyone sell parts for these things?
theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 08:38:38 PM »

I have a couple of main processor boards, but no I/O.  Can you shoot a picture of the fried area?  Maybe we can id the chip and change it.

schmitty13

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »

Top Right.  Just hope the board didn't get messed up.

theprocat
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »

Board looks OK from the top.  Probably just needs that chip ULN2813A changed.  And maybe the resistor pack just above it.  Looks like it may have a pin hole.  I haven't found any I/O boards on my searches, but I think a few sites offer repair services.

Ron

henrywe88

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 08:20:13 PM »

i have a couple of bally 5000 plus for parts?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.